Ratings for Dr. Michael Redmond

He was amazing; very personable, professional and able to fix my problem. I would highly recommend Dr Redmond.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2015

Was referred to Dr Redmond for increasing pain/weakness in lower back and legs - started 14 years ago and have tried every conservative treatment out there, knew it was time for more intervention. Dr Redmond was fantastic - I was the first patient of the day and he spent a good 45 minutes with me going through all my MRI images, showing me where the damage was and then giving me the various surgical options to deal with it. Unfortunately he was 2 weeks away from retiring so I had to find another surgeon to operate, but it gave me confidence that he had no vested interest in putting me under the knife. Sadly the surgeon he recommended to me completely dismissed me out of hand and pretty much said Dr Redmond didn't know what he was talking about, which was astounding after Dr Redmond had spoken so highly of this other surgeon! However, that does not detract from the fact that Dr Redmond was extremely friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. Shame he's retired!

flag | Submitted December 20, 2013

Very skillful and thorough. Prefers conservative measures. Secretary is very well organised.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2013

Very upsetting experience on the 2nd visit. I had surgery, went for my 2nd follow up appointment to be told id mixed up the time, this was from his extremely rude and aggressive secretary with very poor people skills. Rebooked an appointment, the secretary phoned the next day to cancel that appointment, she stated Dr Redmond does not want you to have further appointments, she was unable or unwilling to give me any explanation or rationale. I had an xray taken as requested by this Dr, why was he not willing to see me. I still have pain after surgery and have had to seek help elsewhere. I work in health care and am astonished that a Doctor can just abandon his patients without explanation. I find this highly unprofessional and would recommend people shop around, not for price but for professionalism. Be warned, if you do go to see him be prepared for the uncaring abrasive secretary who will make you feel like a substandard human being.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2013

After receiveing a report for a head injury, and given clearance to return to work with ongoing symptoms of concusion. This is an objective that begs to be questioned. I saw Dr Michael J Redmond, on the premise that he could or point me in the direction of solving my problem with the injury. A presumptuous intention was not clear, and it seems I was prejudged as a result of the outcome of the report. Not only was my condition not taken seriously,as it was for me, my intellect had been targetted. This has been an expectation in the Science field where you expect objection and open mindedness, where he has lost the passion in his field. I have no doubt he has helped many but his prejudgemental views are some what questionable. Seek second and even third opinions before a decision is made.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2012

Wouldn't be alive today without Dr. Redmond. Always honest and there to assist in any way possible. Highly recommended. It has been 25 years since I was first operated on by dr redmond. 6 operations throughout this time for revisions and all have been very successful. Wouldn't feel safer in anyone else's hands.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2012

Went to see Redmond x 3 times re; problems with nerve compression in neck. He acknowledged problems but stated it was out of his field. So, how can this Dr. write a report to Workcover advising I can go back to my normal duties in the short and long term, after advising me that I cannot put myself in a position where whiplash may occur, which is what my profession is at risk of 100%. I feel Dr Redmond is NOT supportive of the patient as he is to Workcover. MRI and other tests confirmed injury, but thanks to Redmond, I should go back to work, with no treatment. Phoned to make an appointment to get him to explain why he would advise me of one thing and workcover another, his secretary informed me he would not make appointments to see me. What DR. refuses to see his patients? ODD? I have since heard ,this is not the first time he has done this. I personally would not recommend Dr Redmond.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2012

l4/l5 laminectomy and something very similar at next disc, removed gunk as well that was compressing spinal chord. I was 30 yrs old and havent looked back since(15 yrs later). still in the mining industry and carrying out a regular job and life, knock on wood. Thank you Dr Redmond for your a1 service.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2012

What he tells you at consultation is very different to what he writes to workcover. I'm sure he thinks that workcover is his patient not you. Report to workcover in 2 days, 6 weeks and GP still waiting for feedback on his treating referral

flag | Submitted April 2, 2012

With great trepidation I went in to see Dr Redmond. I needn't have worried. What a wonderful doctor! He took my full history and gave me a full neuro exam before even looking at the CT and MRI scans. Even though I have a medical background, he explained everything in layman's terms for both me and my husband. A trustworthy and v knowledgeable, experience doctor.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2011