Ratings for Dr. Michael S. Hanks

We have been with Dr Hanks for over 6 years and never had a problem until now. My baby was born on March 2, 2016 at 25 weeks. She spent 100 days in the NICU. Since we have been out of the hospital we've had nothing but problems! She is 13 months and weighs around 12 lbs and she was born at 1 lb 4 oz. They diagnosed her as " failing to thrive". Dr Hanks and his so called nurse practitioner Bobbie have NEVER requested additional testing be done on her to check her metabolic or her growth hormone! Instead they call DFS on us. I'm so done with this office and his nurses and office staff always makes me feel we're an inconvience! I'm currently looking for a lawyer!

flag | Submitted April 13, 2017

I have been with Dr. Hanks for about 14 years. He has provided excellent care for all of my children.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2015

I have been going to Dr Hanks' office for the better part of 10 years now. I would have to say, that overall, my experiences with Bobbi and Dr Hanks have been satisfactory. Specifically with Bobbi, his PA. I will say though that our oldest was having repeated stomach issues and was never referred anywhere else and when she was having anxiety, Dr Hanks agreed to meet with me personally in his office to go over my concerns about putting her on medication.....and then stuck me with a bill that was almost $200. I would have thought the consultation would have been free considering we'd been with him for so long. I agree that they are never punctual...but Bobbi makes up for it with her friendliness once you see her. It's hard to stay upset. :) However, since Felicia left the front desk, the new receptionist is HORRRRRIIIBBLE. The rudest person I've ever dealt with in a pediatricians office. I'm actually writing a complaint to Dr Hanks tonight about her. Surly, snide, bitter and mean...ugh.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2014

We LOVE Dr Hanks! He's always gone above & beyond our expectations. We also like Nurse Prac Bobbie & Elaine is OK...we seen to have better luck w Hanks or Bobbie tho. Dr Hanks has now referred our 2 y/o to a Ped GI specialist in STL since he can't figure out what's going on w him. We love the Nurse that's always w Dr Hanks, she remembers our boys well & is excited to see how much our 7 m/o has grown from his last appt. I would definitely recommend him to anyone! Never disappointed when it comes to Dr Hanks. When my hubby & I had bronchitis in 2012, he gave us all the stuff for a neubulizer w refills just in case our needed it & told us to use it too if needed. Nothing bad to say for us about him nor his staff.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2013

The staff is hit or miss. Sometimes they're very friendly, but other times I feel like I'm an inconvenience to them, whether it's on the phone or in the office. In the 2+ years we've been going to Dr. Hanks's office, they've never gotten us into our appointment on time. More than once, we've spent two hours just for a well visit, and I'd say all of our visits have taken at least an hour total. It's unfair to require a person to arrive fifteen minutes early for check-in then make that person wait past their appointment time, whether that waiting takes place in the waiting or exam room. All that said, Dr. Hanks is wonderful as is Miss Elaine! Dr. Hanks did our first exams in the hospital, and we see Elaine for all other visits. She's down to earth, personable, and knowledgeable. She listens to our concerns and has reasonable expectations of us as relatively new parents. She's the reason we still go to this office.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2013

Dr. Hanks is great with both of my children. He takes the time to explain things and seems to really care about my opinions and feelings.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2013

This Doctor is recommending Guardasil shots for male patients knowing full well that is not covered by most insurance carriers. We feel this Doctor's office breached trust with us by recommending a Guardasil shot for our son during a routine physical and not disclosing the full cost of the vaccine which is around $1000 and also not disclosing that it probably would not be covered by our insurance company. We have repeatedly tried to contact his billing department and they do not answer their phone and do not return phone calls. We finally were able to speak to his front office supervisor and she was completely unwilling to compromise or help in any way.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2011

Our baby has had pneumonia 2 times and he 9 months old.The first time he was two months old and we later found out after he was hospitalized that he had whooping cough to start with. Then the second time we found out about his pneumonia when we took him to urgent care. Prior to this, the week before we took him in, spent alot of time,money,and did not have answers. I would call and talk to nurses and got the impression I was overreacting. They made me feel that I was supposed to sit around and wait for him to turn blue. When we were at urgent care they also did blood work and found out he was anemic too. Why didn't they do blood work the following week when he kept having 104 temps? Don't ever depend on this office to bring your heart to ease.To top it off when the hospital called to schedule the appointment they acted like we couldn't see Dr Hanks and would have to see a np. They also were trying to schedule around their Christmas party which they would close the office for.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2010

Dr. Hanks is a VERY caring, loving, attentive Dr. My son has special needs, to find a Dr. that takes the time & actually cares is rare! He takes the time to answer ALL out questions. When my son is having medical issues he even calls when he is out of town to check on my son. He even has us call him personally @ his home or on his cell after hours with any questions or concerns. No Dr does that any more! He truly cares! His Nurse Practitioner is also absolutey

flag | Submitted October 17, 2010

We took our daughter to Dr. Hanks many times due to possible asthma when she was an infant. I felt the staff didn't understand my concerns with my daughter's wheezing and the seriousness of it. I always felt I was dealt with as a young over anxious new Mom. My concerns were not taken seriously and options for ways to help her get better after over a month of wheezing everyday were not explained. Her asthma was never controled properly. We have waited in the office several times over 45 to and hour to see the NP or Dr. It's very stressful to take a newborn there while breastfeeding and have to spend half the day in the office for a well check up because of very long wait times. I have never gotten out of the office in less than an hour. We switched doctors and are now seeing a specialist who has our daughter on proper medications that are controlling her asthma and we have a plan in place for when she gets sick with our new physician.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2010

Dr. Michael S. Hanks's Credentials

• Univ Auto De Guadalajara, Fac De Med, Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico (Grad. 1980)

Unicare