Ratings for Dr. Dennis E. Novak

If it's a routine, he can handle it. But don't go for a major issue. Don't see Dr Claire because she never returns calls or follows through on things she tells you (such as 'If the meds aren't working, call me Monday). Three days of waiting for a call back from here, then decided to see a specialist. NOW Novak is all over it, and annoyed that I went elsewhere due to the attitude I had at my last routine visit. I didn't want to have him handle anything since I dealt with a specialist. They most likely need to retire at this point, both useless.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2014

Dr. Novak and staff are like family. They have taken care of my family for as long as I can remember. I went from my pedi to him and I'm not a mother of two small children. Tgere has but been a single occasion when I or any other family member has not befn treated except islet and I possess complete trust in Dr. Novak.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2013

Dr Novak met me for the first time and called me morbidly obese. I am 5'5" 180. He does not listen. He did a cursory exam..very minimal. I had to ask if I can have bloodwork done. I did have an EKG and the tech made a demeaning & inappropriate

flag | Submitted November 6, 2013

I had been seeing Dr Novak for approx 20 years as did my whole family. In recent years, I found his office examinations becoming less thorough. A nurse would cover the basics (weight, BP, pulse) and ask why you were there and document your record. Dr Novak would enter after a usually long wait and sit on his rolling stool and talk, write prescriptions and usually nothing more. At age 62, I asked him if I should see a cardiologist at my age and he asked if I had symptoms and I told him "no" but that no one had listened to my heart in years. He said he had and I told him no. He listened, ordered EKG and told me that I had A-Fib and paged a cardiologist since it was now almost 6PM. He didn't want me to leave until he spoke to cardiologist and ordered me to start medication that night which he was sending electronically to drug store. The pharmacy never received the prescription and nobody returned my calls after calling his answering service. I often wonder how long I really had the A-FIB

flag | Submitted October 25, 2013

I was a patient who was in terrible pain and literally begged for an appointment , the receptionist was rude beyond belief , in addition it 5 hours for a call back to tell me they would not see me.Absolutely had zero concern for the problem or the pain I was, couldn't care less

flag | Submitted September 25, 2013

I believe Dr Novak is the best doctor I have ever been to. He was highly recommended by my primary doctor who retired 8 years ago and I have been going to him for 8 years. He is very professional and caring. He will stay with you for as long as you need to answer any concerns and I LOVE that he is not a DRUG PUSHING DOCTOR. I have recommended him to my family and friends.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2013

I tried going to this office twice when I moved to the area rather than driving an hour to my old primary. I would NEVER go again! He prescribes outdated medication rather than continuing his education and seeing what works for people these days, and only if you ask. His PA Claire Gulden is a JOKE! Inappropriate comments and no concern for your symptoms. Neither of them listened to my symptoms or anything I had to say. I wouldn't send an enemy to that office and now I gladly drive an hour to my old doctor, which is a significant amount when I'm feeling ill. I've never had such a bad experience with a doctor's office, all due to the incompetence and inconsideration of a doctor and his PA.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2012

Dr Novak saw my mother on 9/17/09. This was after she had an appendectomy, and spent a week in the hospital, and 2 weeks in a rehab. She went to see Dr Novak because she did not feel well, was extremely tired, and had diarrhea for 20 days. Dr. Novak refused to do anything to diagnose her problem. He asked her "what do you want me to do"? My mother replied "make me feel better". He said if she was going to spend 4 months a year at her summer home (in Maine), he could not be her dr. He also added that since other doctors have recently treated her, he did not want to get invloved. I realize how far fetched this sounds, but it is what happened. On 9/22, my mother was rushed to the hospital. I told the admitting dr her recent history. The doctors at Comm. Med Center diagnosed her with a raging infection from the appendectomy as well as Clostridium difficile. Her potassium level was so low they feared cardiac arrest. She spent a week at the hospital.The dr told her she was lucky to be alive.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2009

Dr. Novak and (PA Claire Gulden) represent the very best and most professional of medical care. Dr. Novak has been my Primary Care Physician for 25 years now (and my wife and daughter's also). Top quality care and attention to detail.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2009

Both Dr. Novak and Claire are amazing. They take time to listen to my concerns. They are fair and knowledgable. They have had the same staff for years that should tell you something.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2009

Dr. Dennis E. Novak's Credentials

• Umdnj-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School (Grad. 1974)

MAMSI