Ratings for Dr. Mark Barker

Dr. Barker removed my tonsils at age 21, due to constantly getting strep throat and other throat infections. Getting tonsils removed at a later age was terrifying experience, but Dr. Barker made the entire process much smoother. I had surgery booked within two months of our first consultation, and he was extremely professional and kind. He reassured me of how confident he was in his abilities, and I had zero complications. I have not had any issues since!

flag | Submitted November 19, 2019

Did a great job to fix my deviated septum I can smell much better now I’ve gotten less colds and sinus infections dr Barker was polite so was his staff highly recommend this doctor

flag | Submitted September 14, 2019

Fine surgeon. Performed great vocal cord procedure. Very professional.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2019

He did a terrible job of my sinus surgery. I needed to get another surgery to correct what he did.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2018

After waiting almost 3 months to see Dr Barker, he barely gave me five minutes of his time. I was there for an issue with my tongue and I told him that my ears were also bothering me but he didn’t respond to that or even look into my ears. Most dismissive doctor I have ever been to.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2018

Had an appointment with him recently for vocal issues. He was running behind, saw him call another patient by the wrong name while in the waiting room. When he came in the room where we were waiting, he did not say hello, just went straight to the computer to read what was in my file and when my other half tried explaining everything he cut him off as he was still reading what was on the screen. He asked two questions and I knew after that he already made up his mind on the diagnoses even before looking into my throat. when he did he did not numb the inside of my nose before the scope going in, he literally almost rammed it down my throat. He literally was inside looking for less then a minute and did not ask me to make any noises or sounds to see how my vocal cords work with speech. He then proceeded to say that it was most likely psychological. We left the office, me trying to hold back the tears. This doctor does not know how to properly look for vocal disorders and I do not recommend him.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2018

Recommended by Dr. Rick Gall (ENT), Dr. Barker and his assistant Jeri (?) have already shown an amazing amount of care and thoughtfulness for my son, making great efforts to schedule a necessary surgery at the best time for us, actually giving us two dates to choose from and booking us in to both to keep them until we decide. He took his time, answered questions thoroughly, discussed the pros and cons of the surgery and was very good natured throughout our entire appointment. That ENT office on Lorimer is lovely, runs efficiently, the front staff for the two docs we've seen there are knowledgeable, kind and totally in the know. I'm grateful for the care we've received so far and will likely update this review with another positive review following surgery. Thank you, Barker and Crew.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2018

I wasn't sure what to think at first, Dr. Barker seemed a bit rough with the nasal scope but I was extremely impacted and in pain at the time. He ordered a CT scan, which, of no fault of his, took 4 months to happen. Of course by the time it took place, the sinus issue had all but cleared up with lots of Neti-pot use (no thanks to the several rounds of antibiotics). I was a bit frustrated that he waited until the CT scan results to do anything about my hearing loss, but I also understand that for his area of expertise, you need to have a full picture of what is going on before you start anything aggressive. Turns out I needed stents put in to drain fluid. At the time of the procedure, Dr. Barker was delayed due to a couple of emergencies but was apologetic. The procedure was quick and easy....hopefully I will see improvement over the next couple of months in time for my follow-up. We shall see... Only minor complaint I have is his receptionist could use a big cup of coffee or some happy pills...trite, impatient, not too pleasant and puts off a "totally over-worked/ unhappy vibe".

flag | Submitted May 15, 2018

I have so much respect for Dr. Barker - I was getting sinus infection after sinus infection and he got me in for surgery really quick. He is very knowledgeable - he made my surgery so easy with his wonderful bedside manor. The surgery has given me great relief and now I need ear tubes. This doctor, does not just do surgery and he is done with you - he takes you seriously with your problems you present to him. I give him FIVE STARS!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted September 25, 2017

this guy is awesome, he reviewed my files before coming to see me,-- he knew straight away i was in trouble, he explained the procedure that was going to release the pain and pressure in my throat, *** instant relief *** best man in the world --

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017