Ratings for Dr. Anthony O. Amiewalan

Dr. Amiewalan is great Doctor best doctor in Deatur!

flag | Submitted August 12, 2017

Highly Recommended... I have been going to his clinic for about 10 years now, and Dr. Amie is very professional, and very gentle. Staff are friendly and courteous, and the clinic is clean and organized.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2016

Worst EVER! Bedside manner is atrocious. I came to office after being referred for a Pap smear. I cancelled all appointments and NEVER returned.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2016

Dr. Amie has never taken care of me. I am a health care provider who has worked with him so I can't give too many details of our interactions. To keep this short and sweet I will simply say DO NOT GO TO THIS PHYSICIAN.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2016

I went to Dr. Amie about 8 yrs ago. After 2 surgeries he told me that I had chronic PID and Endometriosis. He told me that me having any more children was possible but not likely. I was crushed. I couldnt even imagine not having any more kids. After a few yrs I got over but, still went to see a different Dr. My new Doc said he didnt see anything that revealed PID or Endometriosis on the pictures that dr Amie took of my insides. He wanted to try a quick procedure that would prove that my tubes were not blocked. It took about 15 min or so and I was awake the whole time. About a yr later I was pregnant YAY!! At that point I was pretty convinced that dr. Amie was not a great doc and wasnt even sure if I even needed the 2 surgeries that I had. Recently, I changed employers and also lost my insurance :( I found out I am pregnant again (at age 38 :/) and I am also spotting. I figured I would give Dr. Amie another shot after, all he has delivered a ton of babies considering his wall of baby pics in his office. He was very nice at first and acted like he was happy to see me. after my pelvic he came back in the room and asked me why I came back to him. I guess the truthful answer of me not having any insurance except for medicaid that my fav doc wouldnt take wasnt a good answer for him. Matter fact he said thats not a good enough answer. I am not gonna take you. I was left sitting there dumbfounded that he had just said that. I mean he did ask the question and I was just being honest lol. When I finally went out to the receptionist he told the receptionist that I was not to come back to that office but to send me to his clinic. I was pretty embarresed to say the least. Well I guess I should have went with my 1st thought of he isnt a very good doc cuz I just wasted an hr of my time. I will not be going back.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2015

I absolutely love this Doctor ! He made me feel very comfortable. The staff was very friendly! I would definitely recommend this Dr :)

flag | Submitted July 30, 2015

Dr. Amie (as he went by when he was my doctor in OHIO) was the only OBGYN I had ever gone to when I was pregnant with my first child in 1992. I was a teen mom and blindly trusted him. I developed Preeclampsia. Dr. Amie never told me any thing about it or what I needed to do for my health or the baby's health. Long story short my labor was induced due to high blood pressure and after 22 hours of labor I had an emergency c-cection. Just when you think the horror is over, I went home with my baby and I was breast feeding him and I was having trouble producing milk so I called the lactation nurse at the hospital and she looked in my chart and told me that Dr.Amie had ordered the pill to dry up my milk because I was bottle feeding! There was nothing that could be done to return milk production, so I had to formula feed. I was so upset! Later I found out that my c-section was the SECOND c-section he had ever done! And No he did not tell me this! Fast forward to 1994, he delivered my daughter which was conceived while on the birth control pills that he gave me at his office. He told me he got a "bad batch of pills" and he was sorry. Dr. Amie was not able to give an accurate due date so it went from Feb.25 to March15 but he had a vacation scheduled so he told me to schedule an induction for the end of Feb. After being admitted, the nurse prepped me and checked my cervix. She said "honey there's no way you're having this baby today, your cervix has not even begun to thin out or dilate". I said i wanted to just go home and wait for nature to take its course. I heard the nurse and Dr.Amie arguing in the hall and the nurse left. Dr. Amie told me I HAD to stay and deliver, and if I left Child protective services would be called for me endangering the life of my unborn child. I had not even been started on the IV and I had NO complications with this pregnancy at all! So out of fear, I stayed, was induced and my daughter was delivered 17 hours later by C-SECTION because I did not dilate past 2 even after him breaking my water once dilated to 2.! And thanks to insurance, after I found out I was pregnant with my 3rd child in 1999 I was not able to change OB's or I would have to pay as out of network. So, I continued with Dr. Amie. He said I had to have a c-section again and scheduled it. The pregnancy was fine, but once again I had Preeclampsia. I did a lot of reading my self and had a healthy pregnancy. Dr. Amie told me that this should be my last pregnancy because I gained so much weight (85 pounds that I lost with in 8 months of delivery) and have my tubes tied. I told him absolutely NOT! I wanted one more child after this one. He asked me at every visit if I changed my mind, I said NO EVERY time. Day of delivery, I was admitted and the nurse started my IV, and checked my cervix. She said " how long have you been in labor?" I told her I didn't know I was. She said I was dilated to 5-6. I said Great, lets just have him vaginally. Dr.Amie said I couldn't deliver vaginally because the operating room was already reserved. I was taken into delivery right away and the anesthesiologist took a long time getting my spinal block in. After Dr.Amie cut the opening he called for an assist, and another doctor came in (Dr.Hong) and pushed my son back up through the vaginal canal so Dr.Amie could deliver through the c-section opening that he cut too small and had to use forceps to pull him out! My son had marks on his face and head from the forceps. Then I was given something to "make me get some sleep". I was groggy but I saw heard him say he was tying my tubes. I said 'No!, I dont want my tubes tied!". He held up a little piece of something red in large tweezers and said it's done, but if you want them reconnected later it can be done. My husband (ex-husband now) had signed for him to tie my tubes with them both knowing I did not want it done! After I remarried in 2003, I went to a fertility specialist to have my tubal reversed. After a procedure I was told that "my tubes were so mangled that there wasn't enough good tissue left to reconnect". I'm very blessed with the children I have though I will never forgive Dr.Amie for robbing my of the choice to have any more children. I would have been better off to deliver my children in at home by myself! If I could change one thing in life, I would've NEVER gone to Dr.Amie!!!

flag | Submitted September 23, 2014

I have been going to Dr. Amie's clinic for about 10 years now, and everything I could say about the clinic's appearance, staff, and Dr. Amie have been professional.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2014

Dr. Anthony O. Amiewalan delivered my son in 2009. I got into him through a recommendation from a friends sister. Everything went great! I now think that I am pregnant so I went in and my test was negative, I have not had a period yet and I asked if I could have blood work done. Right after I asked it was like a light switch flipped and he was VERY rude! His nurse was never nice (He had a different staff when I went there with my first child and everyone was very nice) I am waiting on my blood work to come back. (I will call Medical Records and get them myself since I see on here that he likes to falsify things) I will be finding a new doctor regardless!

flag | Submitted April 9, 2014

Dr amie is a great doctor he delivered two of my kids and I had no problems with him at all my don had a cleft lip he recommended to great doctors and helped with so much!!!!

flag | Submitted March 17, 2014

Dr. Anthony O. Amiewalan's Credentials

• East Tennessee State University, Quillen-Dishner College Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)