Ratings for Dr. L. SHEFTON Riggins

Dr. Riggins performed my wifes esophagus surgery. He is very knowledgeable and explains what the problem is and how we are going to correct it. His staff are very nice and I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2016

Dr. Riggins performed my open heart surgery for aortic valve replacement in 2009. Then in 2010, he performed my husband's open heart surgery for a dissected aorta. He is an amazing surgeon!! He remembered me from my surgery and put me at total ease for my husband's surgery. Anyone that would write a bad rating on here, just doesn't know him. He is very caring, compassionate, and professional. He is the best!!

flag | Submitted February 9, 2015

best heart surgeon EVER! nice and down to earth. remembers us by name and always takes time to explain things. he even offered to do a procedure that he doesn't normally do anymore because we were so scared. came from princeton to alabaster just to see us because we were so worried. i would recommend him to ANYONE in the world!

flag | Submitted September 22, 2014

My dad had an dissecting aortic aneursym. Dr Riggins did the surgical procedure which envolved inserting a stent in my dad's artery. The procedure itself we well and I think that Dr Riggins is a great docter. He is very knowledgeable and seems to have great compassion for his patients. He even made hospital rounds and checked on my dad on his day off.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2011

Dr. Riggins did a quintuple (5) bypass surgery on my father and he is an amazing surgeon! It's been 3 weeks and my dad is doing wonderful - you can barely tell he's even had surgery! We owe a great deal of thanks to Dr. Riggins. He's just an all around nice guy who was blessed with the surgical ability to save and preserve life.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2010

My dad had an emergency quintuple(5) by-pass surgery last year and Riggins was wonderful! He has saved countless lives. I worked on the heart floor at Princeton and Dr. Riggins was always pleasant when he would make rounds. He loves gardening and is a down-to-earth, yet out-of-this-world surgeon.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2009

did open heart on my Dad in 2000 was an excellcent phyusician then.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2008

Not a physician I can trust or would want to operate on my family.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2007

Dr. L. SHEFTON Riggins's Credentials

• Univ Of Al Sch Of Med, Birmingham Al 35294 (Grad. 1975)