Ratings for Dr. Jody W. Ames

He's great! And so is his friendly staff! Excellent doctor!

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

This is the worst dental office I have ever been to. They do proceedures before they check with insurance company to see if they were covered then they put all the family members on one account so you can't see what the bill is for each person and what the insurance paid. it makes it very confusing and everytime I walked out I was facing a $400 bill AND they like to have you come back over and over. They won't do a couple proceedures at one time.The front office girl is rude and not helpful and blamed it on the software that she could not give me an answer about my bill. Dr. Ames will get up during a consultation and leave and go treat a patient and then leave you sitting there. Someone has to pay for building and you will be a big contributor.Then when we called for our records and xrays (over 2 wks before the appt) they would lie and say they were mailed and they were not. We had to call 3 X and when we did go to our new DDS, we STILL did not have the Xrays. So we had to pay again

flag | Submitted February 8, 2017

After having gone to another dentist for several years, I felt there had to be better care available. I decided to try Dr Ames after a friend of mine had told me about the great service he had received. I'm really glad I made the switch. I've had 3 appointments in the last 3 months to resolve some issues and have received excellent care. The entire staff was very friendly and answered any questions or concerns I had with treatment or billing. Starting from the time I entered the office and was greeted until the time I left, I felt very comfortable and at ease. I would recommend Dr. Ames and his staff to anyone needing a dentist or looking to make a change in care.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2016

I haven't been to the dentist in years but finally got enough courage to schedule an appointment. Dr. Ames and his staff were amazing. They made me feel comfortable and came up with a treatment plan for me. I have been in several times since then and am on my way to getting all of my dental issues taken care of.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2016

Dr. Ames has been our family's dentist for approximately 10 years and we have always received the absolute best dental care. He and his well-trained staff are very knowledgeable and are always professional and friendly. Appointment times are convenient as well. For procedures that could be painful, our comfort is always their #1 concern. Recently, my child had a dental accident. Dr. Ames was easy to reach after hours. He asked that I text pictures of the chipped tooth so that he could immediately see it. Fortunately, it was not serious enough to warrant emergency dental care, and Dr. Ames scheduled my child to be seen first thing the following morning for repair of the tooth. It is so nice to know that he is reachable if you experience a dental emergency and that we do not have to see an unfamiliar dentist at an emergency dental care facility. My child's tooth was repaired and we are very satisfied with the quality of the work. I highly recommend Dr. Ames.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2015

I had a severe tooth infection and after going to the ER and receiving antibiotics and pain medicine, I knew I had a decision to make. After not going to dentist for years, for lack of good patient care, I knew that the time was coming that I was not going to be able to hold it off any longer. My brother-in-law told me about Dr. Jody Ames the day after I went to the ER and told me that I should give them a try. I was very hesitant but decided it wasn't a matter of prolonging it any longer. They got me in that day. I was not prepared to how pleasant his staff nor he would be. They were all very nice to say the least. Since I had an infection, he informed me to take the antibiotics, get the infection down or gone, and then make an appointment to get it extracted. I went back today, nervous but not that nervous, my husband went with me and I think he was more nervous then me! :) But Dr. Ames did an AWESOME job numbing and pulling the tooth. I thank God, I and my family now have a new dentist, and I must say he's BEST IN THE AREA!!! Thank you Dr. Ames and Staff you ROCK!

flag | Submitted January 27, 2015

DR AMES AND HIS STAFF AND ARE VERY CARING AND HELPFUL

flag | Submitted September 29, 2014

This was my first visit and I have a very bad tooth and was very nervous. they makde me feel very comfortable and were very friendly.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2014

Doctor mustard is a insulting prick.he should stick to treating teeth.and not giving medical opinions and opinions on ones weight.hope i didnt break their expensive chair.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2013

Dr. Ames and his amazing staff take their time, they consider your feelings, and want you to be comfortable. Today once we realized the gas wasn't really making a huge difference, he proceeded to get to work. Did the shot hurt? Yes, it stung a bit but only for a second, and the second one which they warned me would probably hurt more actually hurt less. I know I probably slowed Dr. Ames down with his schedule today but you would never know it. And they stopped both times i felt pressure while he was cleaning out my old filling, not pain, just pressure and it made me a bit scared. Man did they have tons of patience with an old coward like me. If I were a kid, this is the only dentist I would have wanted. I implore you, I beg you, go to Dr. Ames. If you don't live in Xenia, trust me, it will be worth the drive. This man and his entire staff set the standard for quality, exceptional, compassionate dental care, bar none!!!

flag | Submitted July 12, 2013