Ratings for Dr. Joel Holtz

Very poor bedside manner, and like the other review says, I had to endure a very long, uncomfortable pap and rectal exam. This came back inconclusive because he didn't "get enough" of a sample. My OBGYN did it in 2 minutes and I got my results. DO NOT GET A PAP WITH THIS DOCTOR. He is very cold and I felt almost mocked about my concerns. He dismissed most of my symptoms. Whenever there the waiting room seems full of seniors only, my husband and I are in our 20's and feel very out of place. When in the exam room Dr. Holtz barely looks up from his computer, and last time rushed us as he had other appointments. He also stated that he could only discuss "really important" issues. We PAYED for this appointment we expect service! Needless to say, we are switching doctors. I think he needs to retire, he acts like he hates his job.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2009

Dr. Holtz has been my physician for over ten years. He is the most thorough and caring doctor I have found. He takes time to explain, which is why your appointments may be a bit delayed but his level of service and care is the best. He is a doctor that will listen to you. Several years ago I switched jobs and insurance carrier,as a result, I had to change my doctor. After not seeing me for several months - he called me to see if everything was OK. How many doctors would do that? I switched jobs again and was estatic that I could go back to seeing him.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2009

My husband and I feel so fortunate to have found a caring, knowledgeable doctor like Dr. Holtz. He listens carefully, and we never feel rushed. Because he is so thorough and caring, he sometimes gets slightly behind in the schedule, but I don't resent the wait,because I know he will give me the time I need when it is my turn to be examined. I have recommended Dr. Holtz to friends, and they have all thanked me for doing so. They're very pleased with him.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2008

Decent doctor, but not very caring compared to other's we've had. He is always in a rush and never seems to take time to listen and answer questions. Can have a sharp/harsh attitude and doesn't seem very personal. In fact we were rushed through our scheduled appointment today because he said he was too busy and only had time to answer/look at things if they were "really important". My wife and I left dissapointed and somewhat offended. After performing a physical on my wife (including an uncomfortable PAP and rectal exam) he claimed the results were inconclusive because he didn't get a "good enough" sample. Gee, wasted our money there. We're looking for a new family doctor.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2008

I've been visiting Dr. Holtz for 20 years. He's sometimes rushed in this very busy practice, but takes care to listen and answer any questions. He is concerned and very knowledgeable, always trying to point you in the right direction to improve your general overall health. Over the years he's addressed several health issues and I have no complaints whatsoever. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2008

Dr. Joel Holtz's Credentials

• Chinese

• University Of California, Irvine, California College Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)

• BCBS Texas