Ratings for Dr. Lester Scott Stoney

Doctor cannot be trusted alone without supervision!!!!! I would be careful about the amount of prescribed medications!!

flag | Submitted August 6, 2011

THE BEST doctor there is! He is very caring and brilliant and has given me back my life by treating my pain. Dr Stoney is so compassionate,does not like to see patients suffer and is years ahead of other docs with his treatments.The first time I went to him,he read my medical reports andsaid to me"You poor girl,you have really suffered" I started crying because finally...a doctor who believes me and knows what kind of pain my disorder causes.The elation I felt leaving there as I said to myself "Im not going to be in pain anymore"..ranks up there in the top remembrances of my life.I had suffered 7 years with bladder pain before meeting Dr.Stoney without suffiecient pain control.My love and gratitude for him as a dr and a human being cannot be expressed Thank You, Debbie Makrdichian

flag | Submitted September 26, 2010

My 70-year old mother suffers from a number of ailments so we chose Dr. Stoney to help her severe arthritis pain. After easily scheduling an appointment, we were asked to pay $300 upfront (her insurance carrier does not cover pain management); we were both shocked by the fact that this payment was demanded in CASH only – very suspicious. He quickly asked about her medical history & spent 20 minutes on this first consultation. He wrote a prescription for some creams and said, “See you in a month.” When I tried to inquire about his assessment for long-term treatment, he said something like, well the clock is ticking & time is money. For a patient who suffers incredibly, his manner was far from compassionate. Not only is he arrogant, he simply did not listen to this patient. It seems he prefers hearing himself speak. I wanted to find some competent, real help for my dear mother, but instead, walked out of Dr. Stoney’s office feeling robbed, cheated & most of all, treated inhumanely.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2010

I just started here, but Dr. Stoney took me under his care in the worst conditions, and despite no medical records, he treated my pain generator at the 1st visit, something that took Dr. Mikhael 5 years to get around to. I am very happy here so far. My appointments are on time, and the staff is very nice. He ordered new scans right away also, something the above doctor refused to in 7 years!! Appointments are very easy and flexible, and he is very caring. He also treated me postop after my fusion.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2010

Dr. Stoney is the GREATEST doctor I have been to since my slip & fall accident in 2005. Other doctors threw prescriptions at me until I was on 9 different medications for pain. I gained over 30lbs with Steroid injections and could not tolerate the side effects. Once meeting Dr. Stoney and his staff, they immediately calmed me. Dr Stoney explained the yo-yo effect of all the pain meds I was on and throughly explained his recommended treatment for my condition, (only 1 pain medication) and the pain shots he would administer (NO Steroids). I have now been blessed with over 1 year of relief as I continue my treatments for unbearable neck and back pain. Thank you so much Dr. Stoney! I would recommend you to anyone who has chronic pain!!! You have intuitive healing hands...no wonder many patients travel from great distance to be treated by you! You provide a great gift for those who suffer from pain...a Pain Free Life!

flag | Submitted September 23, 2009

A true hero ! I had three epidural injections with Dr. Stoney and now my pain has subsided. This doctor has a gifted hand! I wanted just to have surgery but now it looks like I dont need an operation. I am now back to work, and I really need to work in this economy. I have to do heavy lifting in my job. I would recommend Dr. Stoney to anyone who needs a really really good doctor.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2009

Dr. Stoney is an excellent doctor who was the only doctor I've been to who is willing to work with me to manage my back pain. Other doctors just toss a prescription to me and send me on my way, but Dr. Stoney has taken the time to actually look into my condition and more than that, help TREAT it instead of masking it with medication. He can be late some of the time, but that's usually if you have an appointment late in the day. The staff is pretty good, but can be somewhat cold over the phone. Don't let that deter you, however, he is an excellent doctor.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

Just amazing. I didn't think I could find relief. Finally my friend referred me to Dr. Stoney. He is the most wonderful physician I have ever known.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2009

After a series of 3 epidural steroid injections for back pain, I grew facial hair, gained 30 lbs & developed a classic "moon face". Upon discussion with Dr. Stoney about these issues, he dismissed my complaints & denied injecting steroids, only B12 vitamins. Hello?!?!? So, either he admitted to insurance fraud by billing for steroids, falsified medical records by stating he injected steroids, or is an incompetent MD as well as an arrogant creep.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2008

I have been a paitient of Dr. Stoney for more than ten years. As a person with chronic pain, back and knee, and other, Dr. Stoney has given me a life I am able to fuction in. He is not only knowledgeable, but extremly caring, he listen. He get my highest recommondation.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2007

Dr. Lester Scott Stoney's Credentials

• Umdnj-Robt W Johnson Med Sch, New Brunswick Nj 08901 (Grad. 1987)

Kaiser-Permanente
Unicare

Updates

• A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Doctor is unethical. Should lose his license. People who love him are addicted to drugs. He is a legalized drug dealer nothing more."

January 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Stoney's care of me gave me mobility and fluid movement back as a mechanic and welder its nice to be able to move under in and around equipment without pain..."

October 17, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' rating (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=110392'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 4.5

February 6, 2014