Ratings for Dr. Lester Scott Stoney

I feel very cheated by visiting this doctor over a 6 year period. He kept giving me injections of "pink stuff", telling me he was adjusting contents of it as months went by. Had to release him from all responsibity by signing a very scary release form. When his office was closed, and I went to another well-known pain Doctor, I was told I was taking so many drugs I probably should be dead. Over 50 mg of Fentanyl, Dilaudid, Zanaflex, Ambien-all at the same time. It scares me to think what could have happened. Avoid this guy totally. Also, he's a very strange fellow in all respects.

Submitted September 11, 2016

told me to find another Dr. when I told him I no longer wanted injections in my neck as they did not work. He would open a drawer in his exam room, take out a small vile, inject in my neck. I later saw he was billing medicare for Botox injections for me. Botox is refrigerated prior to injections, HE NEVER GAVE ME BOTOX! He billed Medicare for Botox! and he billed Medicare for visited me 7 times while in Hoag hospital, across from his office, and he came ONE TIME> Ego, pictures all over his reception of him with movie stars, Gorbachov, etc.

Submitted May 12, 2016

Doctor is unethical. Should lose his license. People who love him are addicted to drugs. He is a legalized drug dealer nothing more.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2015

I agree! This guy was cold as ice. I have never been treated so poorly as I have by Dr. Scott Stoney. He refused to explain the procedure or why he was treating me with shots to my spine. I was skeptical when he didn't even go over my xrays. He just told me to lye down on my stomach did the shots and walked out of the room without a word. I'm here to bash the treatment After my 3rd appointment the pain was gone but if you want empathy or a doctor with bed side manors go somewhere else.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2013

It is hard to believe that this doctor is rated a 5. My experience with him was a nightmare.This doctor is irresponsible, uncaring and narcissistic.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2012

Dr. Stoney is compassionate and really listens to your problems. He also does an excellent job of helping mitigate the pain - I am now able to work a 40 hour aweek job where 3 years ago there was no way I could have handled it.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2012

He was more interested in pushing drugs than fixing my pain issues. After he berated me in his office, I have returned.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2012

This doctor is wonderful. He was able to control the pain that my son had after a fall. Surgeons wanted to operate but Dr. Stoney was able to get my son back to work after a rotator cuff injury and back disc hernation. Dr. Stoney really has a gift. My son avoided surgery and he is back to work.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2011

I'm a throat cancer patient that has had numerous tongue resections and a radical neck dissection. Needless to say, pain has been a constant for the last 5 yrs. Dr Stoney has worked with me for years to keep my pain in check while minimizing my concerns of physical addiction. He's truly an artist when it comes to pain management!!

flag | Submitted November 14, 2011

This Physician is wonderful. I had gone to many therapist and doctors. I had even tried acupuncture but the pain was so severe I thought about surgery. I had a surgery date scheduled even but then I had an appointment with Dr. Stoney. I was so glad I did because by the time my surgery time came around I was pain free. I did not have to go to surgery. It was a miracle. I was free of pain. I can not thank Dr. Stoney enough from the bottom of my heart. I am healed and I have been pain free since working with Dr. Stoney as my physician. After being with so many therapists and doctors of course I was skeptical but that fear was allayed by Dr. Stoney's confidence in his ability to treat me. It was apparent after only one visit with Dr. Stoney my pain dropped immediately. I am so grateful. Now i can return to a life without pain, no longer feeling the stabbing and sharp shooting pains that kept me awake at night, no longer crying from the pain. Thank you again Dr. Stoney

flag | Submitted November 12, 2011

Dr. Lester Scott Stoney's Credentials

• Umdnj-Robt W Johnson Med Sch, New Brunswick Nj 08901 (Grad. 1987)

Assurant