Ratings for Dr. John M. Buday

My wife was admitted to the hospital (for shoulder pain, of an unknown origin) where he is the attending neurologist. He looked over her MRI films, performed a 15 minute EMG (these usually take 40 minutes) and told her it was all in her head and placed a call to the psych ward for a psychiatrist to assess her. He then washed his hands of her. In the process, recommended she receive NO pain management. Turns out, she has adhesive Capsulitis (frozen shoulder) and a labrum tear. Dr Buday is an arrogant, LAZY Doctor. When he comes down the hallway, the noise he makes could be mistaken for a flock of ducks.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2016

A quack!!! His staff scheduled six appointments for the 1 PM time slot, we were all Plan B patients. He spent 3 minutes with me. Rude, Arrogant, would not answer any questions for me.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2015

I saw him for lower back pain and he did a nerve test on me and said that I have no nerve damage at this time. he was friendly and on time but disputed what the previous doctor I have seen for back issues.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2011

I would say Dr. Buday did not take our concerns seriously. My mil saw Dr. Buday for about 10 months? In 2010. We kept saying we were worried about her walking gait and her forgetfulness. Dr. Buday put her on 10mg Aricept and insisted that she had memory loss but not Alzheimer’s. We kept thinking she needed further testing and all he kept doing was the “mini-mental” test. We went to another neurologist in early 2011 and he ordered tests! Turns out mil had peripheral neuropathy in her feet, Bruin’s ataxia, 50% clogged carotid stenosis, and progressive dementia. We were glad to finally get the correct diagnosis.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2011

I saw this doctor 12 years ago. I was diagnosed with MS. He had me coming in every 6 months. He would ask, "Kidneys function ok? bowels ok? vision ok?. "Ok, that will be $65 see you in six months." When I asked if there was any medication I could be put on, he said "Oh you aren't bad enough yet to be on medicine." He was rude, and unwilling to help me. I would not recommend at all.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2009

QUICK, SEEMED IN A HURRY EACH OF THE FOUR TIMES WE SAW HIM...KNOWS DRUGS, BUT DOESN'T EXPLAIN HARDLY ANYTHING..FELT LIKE WE WERE WASTING ...HIS...TIME.STAFF RATHER COOL AND DISTANT..LEFT HIM FOR ANOTHER DR. WHO EXPLAINED ETC ABOUT DEMENTIA

flag | Submitted March 8, 2009

I found this doctor unfriendly and against alternative healthcare options--even those covered by my insurance, FDA approved and backed through years of studies. He did not seem very hopeful with my condition and left me very depressed, like my situation is hopeless. I would not recommend.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2007

Dr. John M. Buday's Credentials

• Wayne State Univ Sch Of Med, Detroit Mi 48201 (Grad. 1983)