Ratings for Dr. Jennifer Doan

I was not very impressed with her bed-side manner, and I often felt like I came out of there pushed into a lot of products I didn't really need. It should also be noted that most of products she prescribed were from her own line and charged to me right after a session without even giving time to decide, so often I wouldn't even have a chance to research or look into the products or perhaps where I could get a cheaper brand. Not a whole lot of communication happening there and not a lot of patient consideration either if you ask me. I'd say go do your own research online and find something better suited to you.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Doan for about 6 months and I really appreciate her approach. She is calm, caring, and I know that she's really listening. My two main concerns when I first came to her were my difficult adult acne, and pain and soreness in my muscles. We've gotten to the root of the problem and I'm feeling so much more confident in my skin and body! I'm so grateful!!

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

Wouldn't bother going again. I wanted to try a more natural-based healing plan, figuring Naturopathic doctor would be more open and more invested in long term healing process and helping me diagnosis my symptoms. Instead I was thrown into hundreds of dollars worth of products and tests that were so general that it didn't end up helping anything or getting me closer to figuring things out. I didn't end up feeling like this was a very different approach from the way Western doctors work. I would suggest finding a doctor who is more interested in a feasible plan and who is more interested in treating your specific problems instead of just pushing symptoms at bay.

Submitted June 15, 2017

Excellent Doctor. I have been seeing Dr. Doan for the past few years and am familiar with her and her practice. I have seen her for a variety of issues including chronic sinus infections (which I do not suffer from anymore) and allergies. She is warm, compassionate, is dedicated to her patients, and learning. She is a real pro, rock star practitioner. I recommend her highly to anyone who wants to get better.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2017

Let's get some balance here, she is definitely not a 5/5 star Dr. Buyer beware and if you think she says and does stuff that is odd or makes you uncomfortable, listen to that inner voice when you try her out. I hate naturopaths that have turned their backs on medical practitioner's and think they can solve all your problems. Which is what happened in my case, I should have been referred to a therapist or psychiatrist. And all the laundry list of problems I apparently had....... I hadn't taken any antibiotics in 5 years, she automatically grouped me in with all women need extra probiotics. I asked why and she said we take too many antibiotics but didn't even ask the last time i took any (a few day for tooth prob) I could go on and on and on with story's. Like I asked if acupuncture could help with weight loss. Of course. she says. Then when nothing happened after two months, she accused me of magical thinking and it was because of my other problems. It's just way to expensive,hundreds of dollars weekly ending up to two grand and no end in sight. Her own brand of multi vitamins are so expensive. I felt I had very little input and chastise when I asked her for reasons, she actually said one time "I'm the doctor". Everyone has to decide what is right for them. I felt weird around her. Good luck with your search to the best health.

Submitted April 13, 2017

My experience with Dr Doan was very positive. She was clear as to what the costs and plan was for my health to improve in which it did. I trust her knowledge and advice.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2016

Dr. Doan has been my doctor for the past 10 years now. I find her to be kind, compassionate, listens to my complaints and has a nice sense of humor. She is wonderfully skilled as a Homeopath and Naturopathic physician. I have had various complaints over these years and she has worked with me. The main issue I went to see her years ago was hypertension, which with an amazing set of lab tests, found I had an infection which was cleared up and my blood pressure returned to normal. If I have any health concerns, she is the person I turn to.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016

Wow, someone was allowed to post 3 times in a row? why doesn't this website flag that sort of nonsense? and if someone purchases a lab kit and waits so long it expires to use it, why purchase in the first place? how long does it take to have a kit expire? 2 years? Many of the below comments are not factual correct and I feel bad that a Doctor who puts many years of training into her work, has to deal with unsatisfied bullying patients who attempt to destroy someones reputation rather than take responsibility for their actions. I have seen Dr. Doan, I have no complaints. She helped me with my complaint of arthritis. I have seen other NDs, who charge upwards of $500 per prescription, so I don't see the complaint here. Seems like someone has gone off the rails. I feel bad for the Dr.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2016

BAD EXPERIENCE ! ! Dr. Doan initiated treatment I did not give consent for. Seemed like she formulated a treatment plan of what she thought was of benefit or help to me without talking to me about it, not taking in to consideration my financial resources, timeframes, not giving reasons, options, choices, or other recommendations. The last visit left me confused and trust had definitely been broken. I did not feel safe with her. I found her not to be forthcoming with explanations. I felt she did not let me participate or respect my timeline or journey to health and healing. Also, I asked her for information and safety about a herbal supplement she was having me take and she basically said don't believe what you read online, I'm the doctor and I know what I'm doing.

Submitted January 24, 2016

I was not impressed with Dr. Doan. She was distracted and came in and out during our whole session like my time or conditions weren't even important. Paid for an hour and half required initial session for a $90 fee (pretty high in my opinion) and she maybe actually sat down and listened for maybe 15 minutes. By the end of it I was charged for several general prescriptions at over $200 dollars worth, and no explanation or information of why I needed them or what conclusion she had. She was also very rude and condescending when I simply inquired about the medications and what they were for. I left the office feeling very frustrated and unhappy, especially since I expected more from the ratings on this website. Would not recommend going. Also a side note I looked up the prescriptions I was given, and they were charged double the price they normally would be at a simple health food store. In my opinion save yourself the time and money and find another practitioner.

Submitted January 14, 2016