Dr. Tara Allmen

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Tara Allmen

Very conscientious and personable. Makes doctor visit as pleasant as humanly possible.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2018

Dr. Tara Allmen is a great Dr. for any older woman. I am 75 years old and look 50== and I have excellent relationships====All due to Tara Allmen. She listens to what you need, and then she recommends the right course of action. Especially for an older woman who has gone through menopause.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2018

Dr. Allmen has provided me with excellent and compassionate care for many years. I completely trust her with my well-being and rely on her good counsel regarding my health issues. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2018

Dr. Allmen provided excellent medical care and is thorough and kind.

Submitted May 6, 2018

If you want a smart, compassioniate and funny doctor look no more! Dr. Allmen is your doctor. Her book will answer any question you could have on approaching menopause. I have never met a doctor like her. She truly cares for you on every level. I have never had the service from a doctor like I have received from Dr. Allmen. I am so grateful that she is my doctor to help me though a time of the unexpected. Thank you Dr. Allmen!

flag | Submitted April 11, 2018

People will not know what an amazing doctor is like until they have met Dr. Allmen. I'm always soo thankful that I came across her name and chose to take my Mom there. My mom is 49 years old and she has never had a gynecologist after she had children because she never felt comfortable going to a gynecologist but not anymore! Dr. Allmen has changed that completely and I was shocked that my Mom liked her so much because usually my Mom doesn't like doctors too quickly. Dr. Allmen truly saves you time and focuses on getting results. The way she maintains herself accessible to all her patients through phone and email is really unheard of anywhere else. She has an amazing personality and makes you feel at ease right away. I am really very fortunate to have found her because she gave my Mom her life back and my mom seems to be a whole new person.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2018

Dr Allmen is the best. She is very real, compassionate and knowledgeable about women's health and truly understands how to navigate the different phases women experience throughout life. I trust her and highly recommend her to anyone. I also suggest her book, Menopause Confidential.... she is amazing.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2018

Dr. Allmen is THE BEST! Involved, Caring, Warm and Helpful. She helped me with an issue and made sure to get a doctor that took my insurance when needed. She answered all of my emails and called me when I needed. And always with her adorable sense of humor and reassurance. Besides being a patient, I loved her book as well. Kept me laughing the whole way through. She is AMAZING!!

flag | Submitted December 6, 2017

Knowledgable, Accessible, Kind, Funny, Smart, Caring doctor. Highly recommend. She also wrote an amazing book, Menopause Confidential. It is so helpful as a complement to my appointments with her.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2017

Dr. Allmen is simply the best. I highly recommend her! Extremely knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2017

Dr. Tara Allmen's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Board Certified Gynecologist, NAMS Menopause Practitioner, Author of Menopause Confidential: A Doctor Reveals The Secrets To Thriving Through Midlife

• English

• Suny At Stony Brook Hlth Sci Ctr, Stony Brook Ny 11794 (Grad. 1990)
  • Johns Hopkins University (Grad. 1986)
  • University of California -San Francisco (Grad. 1990)

• Perimenopause