Dr. Tara Allmen

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Tara Allmen

Dr. Allmen is an excellent doctor. She listens, she knows what she's doing and she'll make you laugh and feel hopeful while she helps you with the challenges of being a woman entering midlife. Her book MENOPAUSE CONFIDENTIAL is also a super helpful gem that I've suggested to any number of my friends. Read her and get her as your doctor. You won't be sorry.

Dr. Allmen Love her !!! Highly recommend her... Make appointment to see HER

flag | Submitted May 22, 2019

You will not find a better gynecologist anywhere. She is top notch and a lovely person to boot.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2019

I am so grateful that found Dr. Allmen 3 years ago, after frantically looking for a doctor who could help me with the menopausal issues I was experiencing. I am delighted to say that thanks to Dr. Allmen, my issues have resolved. She is truly an expert (even writing an extremely helpful book). She is always accessible by email or phone to address any questions or adjust medication levels. She does an excellent job of pacing visits so I have never waited long (and she actually saw me early on my last visit!) and I don't feel rushed. I would recommend Dr. Allmen to any woman dealing with menopause or perimenopause.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2019

Dr. Allmen is the best doctor I've ever encountered, both for her knowledge and for her dedication to her patients. As I prepared for perimenopause, I read her book Menopause Confidential, which taught me so many things I had never even heard about, and made me wonder why my past OBGYNs never explained some critical facets of preventative care that I could - and should - take to avoid osteoporosis, and protect my heart (and other parts of my anatomy) through middle age and beyond. So I made the switch to Dr. Allmen and she has been absolutely incredible. She truly cares and has gone above and beyond to help make sure I'm as healthy as possible. She devotes an incredible amount of her time to answer questions and discuss options so you can feel confident that your decisions are well thought-out and right for you. Each patient gets a whopping 45 minutes for appointments, which is unheard of in medical practices today - most doctors just rush you out as fast as possible. Dr. Allmen takes the time to understand your full medical history, your genetic risks, your current and future concerns and your medical conditions in order to craft a treatment strategy that's right for you. That's what doctors SHOULD do, but she's pretty much the only one I've ever run into who is this thorough and diligent. Even more impressive - when I've emailed her some follow-up questions, she responds quickly! She even responded on a weekend. That's how dedicated she is to her patients and their health. Patients truly come first for Dr. Allmen and her care, concern, expertise and knowledge shine through every piece of advice she shares with her patients. She's absolutely wonderful.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2019

It is impossible to overstate what Dr. Allmen, with her experience, knowledge, brilliance (and humor), has done for me since I began menopause. Before you see her, you have to read her incredible book- Menopause Confidential; and she is even better in person! Everything Dr. Allmen advised me to do worked as she predicted. And, she is always on call to answer questions by email or phone. It is so sad that there are not other doctors like her, but there probably couldn't be. She is that good.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2019

Dr. Allmen is one of those doctors that still starts every consultation with a conversation about you, and what is going on with your body. Three years after moving to Florida I still travel to New York to see Dr. Allmen, she truly is irreplaceable for me.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2019

Dr. Allmen is my absolute favorite doctor! She is responsive, professional, extremely informative, and her"can-do" approach to any issue is refreshing and beyond helpful!!! She looks at the whole patient and understands that all parts of the body need to be cared for in order to be healthy!!

flag | Submitted March 5, 2019

I started seeing Dr. Allmen for menopause-related complaints several years ago. It was a breath of fresh air to have a doctor take my symptoms seriously, and help me find the right course of hormone replacement therapy to alleviate mood swings and low libido. Moreover, Dr. Allmen is easy to talk to, witty, and makes the OB/GYN visit actually a fun experience!

flag | Submitted March 4, 2019

Dr. Alleman is a very personable helpful caring doc. Even though I live many states away from her. She had given me her time and knowledge on helping me with this awful menopausal journey I have started. She has been my saving grace on anxiety filled days and answered my questions without hesitation. New York you are truly blessed to have Dr. Alleman

flag | Submitted January 30, 2019

Dr. Tara Allmen's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Board Certified Gynecologist, NAMS Menopause Practitioner, Author of Menopause Confidential: A Doctor Reveals The Secrets To Thriving Through Midlife

• English

• Suny At Stony Brook Hlth Sci Ctr, Stony Brook Ny 11794 (Grad. 1990)
  • Johns Hopkins University (Grad. 1986)
  • University of California -San Francisco (Grad. 1990)

• Perimenopause