Dr. Tara Allmen

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Tara Allmen

Excellent care and experience for many years - guided me through menopause and beyond. Always good ideas and research and kind, and added bonus of being fun.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2018

Dr Allmen is highly informed,clear,practical,positive,and kind

flag | Submitted October 31, 2018

Dr. Allmen went above and beyond to help me. I was a new patient, had not even met her yet, but she heard the urgency in my email and came in to meet me the next day on a holiday . She knew right away how to help me. She is AMAZING!!

flag | Submitted October 12, 2018

After a long search for a smart gynecologist specializing in menopause issues, I'm grateful to have found Dr. Allmen. She is extremely knowledgable, always up to date, takes the time to explain pros and cons, and was willing to make a call to my hematologist and present 'my case' at a conference before we decided on a treatment plan. She takes the time to prep so she knows who you are before you walk into her office for an appointment, will speak with you in depth...plus, she's fun and charming.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2018

I’ve been seeing Dr. Allmen for 3 years now. She is extremely knowledgeable and has helped me tremendously. She really cares about her patients and takes the time to get to know you. Her advice is genuine concern for your overall health, not only GYN care. As an added bonus she has an amazing sense of humor and makes you feel super comfortable.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2018

Very conscientious and personable. Makes doctor visit as pleasant as humanly possible.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2018

Dr. Tara Allmen is a great Dr. for any older woman. I am 75 years old and look 50== and I have excellent relationships====All due to Tara Allmen. She listens to what you need, and then she recommends the right course of action. Especially for an older woman who has gone through menopause.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2018

Dr. Allmen has provided me with excellent and compassionate care for many years. I completely trust her with my well-being and rely on her good counsel regarding my health issues. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2018

Dr. Allmen provided excellent medical care and is thorough and kind.

Submitted May 6, 2018

If you want a smart, compassioniate and funny doctor look no more! Dr. Allmen is your doctor. Her book will answer any question you could have on approaching menopause. I have never met a doctor like her. She truly cares for you on every level. I have never had the service from a doctor like I have received from Dr. Allmen. I am so grateful that she is my doctor to help me though a time of the unexpected. Thank you Dr. Allmen!

flag | Submitted April 11, 2018

Dr. Tara Allmen's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Board Certified Gynecologist, NAMS Menopause Practitioner, Author of Menopause Confidential: A Doctor Reveals The Secrets To Thriving Through Midlife

• English

• Suny At Stony Brook Hlth Sci Ctr, Stony Brook Ny 11794 (Grad. 1990)
  • Johns Hopkins University (Grad. 1986)
  • University of California -San Francisco (Grad. 1990)

• Perimenopause