Dr. Tara Allmen

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Tara Allmen

Dr. Allmen is THE BEST! Involved, Caring, Warm and Helpful. She helped me with an issue and made sure to get a doctor that took my insurance when needed. She answered all of my emails and called me when I needed. And always with her adorable sense of humor and reassurance. Besides being a patient, I loved her book as well. Kept me laughing the whole way through. She is AMAZING!!

flag | Submitted December 6, 2017

Knowledgable, Accessible, Kind, Funny, Smart, Caring doctor. Highly recommend. She also wrote an amazing book, Menopause Confidential. It is so helpful as a complement to my appointments with her.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2017

Dr. Allmen is simply the best. I highly recommend her! Extremely knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2017

If you live in NYC, Dr. Allmen should be your doctor. She is smart, professional and approachable. She has a terrific sense of humor and puts even in the most apprehensive at ease. Dr. Allmen takes the time to listen, she provides comprehensive and through advice. She is extremely accessible. In addition, she gives you practical suggestions to improve your overall health. Oh, and don't forget her book -- Menopause Confidential. It takes the mystery out of menopause and is a must read if you or a woman you love is journeying towards menopause.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2017

I was a gyn patient of Dr. Allmen many years ago and loved her. Alas, she moved on to other things (i.e., taking care of perimenopausal and menopausal women). How fortunate was I a few years ago to be reading an article about perimenopause when I came across her name. She has been a guiding light through a challenging time and I would, and have, recommend her to anyone who is on this journey. In fact, I keep a copy of her book, "Menopause Confidential," on my nightstand for reference!

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

I feel so fortunate to have found Dr. Allmen. I was suffering from a laundry list of perimenopausal symptoms, and neither my regular physician nor my gynecologist seemed to know anything about it. Finally I found my way to Dr. Allmen’s office, and she knew just what to do. Not only is she super-knowledgeable, she also has a great sense of humor. All my stress and confusion is gone, and I feel great! Now I am confident that I can successfully navigate this phase of my life and beyond.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2017

I consider myself one of the lucky ones, I relocated to NYC last year and my biggest fear was to find a GYN who could help me through menopause as I had in Baltimore, MD. I was referred to Dr. Allmen. From my very first encounter, a phone call to meeting her in her office and then buying her book has been the best thing that has happened to me. When I left her office, I was in tears; so happy and relieved she knew exactly what I was going through. I followed her verbal orders in the office, but bought the book to get the rest of the goodies to get me through my menopause process. I have recommended to my family and friends, it is a MUST read for all women. there were times while reading the book, I was laughing out loud. I have been following Dr. Allmen's advice for almost 1 year, I feel great, I am losing weight, mentally clearer. I am so, so thankful for being able to meet Dr. Allman and now have my bible to get me through menopause. Thank you Dr. Allmen!!!

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

Dr Allmen is not your typical doctor. She is funny, full of energy, caring, explains everything in plain talk, no nonsense. She spends as much time as needed with you. I went to her 6 months after I got early menopause following surgery at age 35 and I finally got out of brain fog, insomnia and night sweats.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2017

I met Dr.Allmen when my life was in a whirl wind . I was diagnosed with Brca 2 gene mutation and carrying a black cloud on my shoulders . I needed someone to talk to and she has been my guardian angel ever since . She connected me with surgeons to speak to even just to give me reassurance and knowledge for all my decision making . She has always gotten back to me during every situation. She's personable , professional , witty and up beat . No matter how exceptionally busy she is creating books (Menopause Confidential is a Bible in woman's health ) she finds the time to returns emails and phone calls . She takes the anxiety off because you know you are in great hands and she has a positive approach, and she educates all of her patients . I'm grateful for her and feel for anyone that doesn't have a Dr. Allmen! ~LBell

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017

Dr. Allmen is like a breath of fresh air. Generally I dread going to doctors and the experience is usually equally dreadful. Not so with Dr. Allmen. She is knowledgeable caring and has helped me with my issues. My previous gyno was not helpful at all and certainly not as knowledable about menopause issues. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2017

Dr. Tara Allmen's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Board Certified Gynecologist, NAMS Menopause Practitioner, Author of Menopause Confidential: A Doctor Reveals The Secrets To Thriving Through Midlife

• English

• Suny At Stony Brook Hlth Sci Ctr, Stony Brook Ny 11794 (Grad. 1990)
  • Johns Hopkins University (Grad. 1986)
  • University of California -San Francisco (Grad. 1990)

• Perimenopause