Ratings for Dr. Tara Allmen

Dr. Allmen is an exceptional doctor. She is current on all research about women's health and I feel confident in her recommendations. She spends as much time with me as I need, listens to what I'm saying and quickly responds to my emails when I have concerns or questions. Dr. Allmen has a wonderful bedside manner. She is the best GYN I've ever had and I'm very thankful that I'm in her care.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2019

Dr. Allmen is the finest doctor I have ever visited.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2019

I am so thankful for the moment I made my initial call to Dr. Allmen. I had been suffering with every negative symptom of menopause & was in search of a new GYN. Dr. Allmen personally spent over 30 minutes speaking with me. She answered every concern & then some! I knew I found my doctor. I scheduled an appointment, no lengthly wait for an appointment. Her office is lovely. Never a waiting room full of people. She takes as much time as needed, discussing all aspects of your health & well being. She answers all questions & concerns. Her physical exam is thorough & painless. She is on the very top of her game. She always is available through email and/or phone, responding almost immediately. Dr. Allmen is definitly the very best. Read her book "Menopause Confidential", it is full of valuable info & will give you an idea of Dr. Allmen's knowledge, personality & humor. Thank you Dr. Allmen, so thankful for you.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2019

Dr. Allmen is fantastic!! She is smart, approachable, caring, and funny. She is up to date on the latest medical information and she’s at the top of her game. She spends time with you and she really listens. She makes you feel comfortable enough to talk about any issue. She inspires confidence and trust. Between visits, she is extremely accessible. Oh and one more thing, that for me was super important, when she does your internal exam –- it doesn’t hurt – really. This was such a huge change from any of the other doctors who had examined me. I didn’t even know it was possible. Dr. Allmen is a true gem! I’m so grateful to have found such a wonderful doctor.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2019

I started seeing Dr. Allmen several years ago when I began going through menopause and the symptoms began to affect my quality of life. From the get go I found her to be very knowledgeable, caring and thorough. Within a few weeks my symptoms were under control and I was feeling like my old “younger” self. I’ve been seeing her ever since and consistently find her to be a compassionate doctor who really listens and treats me according to my individual needs. She makes herself available to communicate via email or phone if I have questions or concerns. I highly recommend her, you can’t go wrong in choosing Dr. Allmen as your GYN.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2019

I first contacted Dr. Allmen when I couldn't take the hot flashes anymore. She spent ages on the phone with me even though I hadn't yet signed on as her patient. I made an appointment and listened to her terrific book, Menopause Confidential (a great listen…she narrates the audiobook herself, and she’s just as warm and funny in person). That was 3 years ago, and I cannot recommend her highly enough. She performs an old-fashioned office consultation at every annual exam, really taking the time to get to know all about your life, not just your symptoms. She is empathetic but no-nonsense, and gives you all the information you need to make decisions about your medical care and general wellness. Dr. Allmen always responds to emails quickly and seems happy to help with big and small questions that crop up between annual visits. Call her…you’ll be so glad you did!

flag | Submitted July 13, 2019

Coming to Dr. Allmen was a real hallelujah moment for me. After struggling for years with peri-menopausal symptoms, I discovered there are actually doctors who specialize in treating women in midlife. Who knew?! And I can't imagine a better doctor. It has been such a relief to be under her care. She is smart, thorough, and personable. I am confident she is doing everything she can to help me feel my best. Call Dr. Allmen. You'll be glad you did.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2019

Dr. Allmen is a caring, responsive, realistic practitioner. She explains her suggested treatment plan well, and is careful to keep up-to-date on my medical changes. She rescued me from menopausal symptoms when other doctors told me to just deal with it.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2019

Dr. Tara Allmen is the best. She is update and knowledgeable about the current medical literature and best proctices. She knows what she is doing, but she doesn't operate in a vacuum. If necessary, she will talk to colleagues to be sure she is giving you the right advice for your situation. She will go to bat for you against insurance companies and bureaucrats. When you contact her she reesponds fast, and when you need her she is there for you. On top of all this, she is a fantastic, fun, upbeat, can-do person.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2019

Dr. Allmen is an excellent doctor. She listens, she knows what she's doing and she'll make you laugh and feel hopeful while she helps you with the challenges of being a woman entering midlife. Her book MENOPAUSE CONFIDENTIAL is also a super helpful gem that I've suggested to any number of my friends. Read her and get her as your doctor. You won't be sorry.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2019

Dr. Tara Allmen's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Board Certified Gynecologist, NAMS Menopause Practitioner, Author of Menopause Confidential: A Doctor Reveals The Secrets To Thriving Through Midlife

• English

• Suny At Stony Brook Hlth Sci Ctr, Stony Brook Ny 11794 (Grad. 1990)
  • Johns Hopkins University (Grad. 1986)
  • University of California -San Francisco (Grad. 1990)

• Perimenopause