Ratings for Dr. Bob J. Adams

The office made me feel like I was back in the 70's. X-ray machine was located in a storage room, and I was asked to hold the cassette. I wanted to offer to buy him a new knee display. The one he had was falling apart as he was showing me the 4 stages of the knee wearing down. Not one staff member was concerned with how much pain I was in and never volunteered to assist me. In fact they all kept asking me to move my leg in positions my knee was not capable of doing due to my injury. When his assistant finally returned my call the next day, she never asked how my knee was doing. At that point I decided it was best to keep looking for who would perform the necessary surgery on my two knees. I realize that sometimes the patient and Doctor may not be a good fit, but my knees are very important for my quality of life and I need to believe the physician and staff know this also. It was not happening here! He did aspirate a lot of blood from my knee joint (not sure enough time was given after the painful anesthetic was given) and a cortisone injection was given. For that I am very thankful as I am almost pain free and sleeping at night which I would have liked to tell his assistant on the phone, but she never asked how I was doing.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2017

Hasty manner, rough handling when testing. Yanked my head back, forcing, causing pain. Reminded me of a used car salesman. Condescending.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2015

This doc has a nasty habit of rushing through, as if you are just another number. He twists and turns you this way and that with no sensitivity. My last visit with him he actually was so unprofessional as to give me instructions for care as he was on the other side of the door and walking out! What kind of dr gives you instructions as he is walking out? I don't care how knowledgeable this dr is, that is no excuse to not give a patient eye contact especially at the end of the appointment. I've had 4 visits with him and only once did he seem friendly.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2012

Very skilled doctor. He is quick because of his large knowledge base. I couldn't be happier with him

flag | Submitted September 19, 2011

He knows what he's doing and will make time when I bring up additional concerns. What other's have been describing here as being hurried is most likely the fact that they present with a pretty straight forward situation, so Dr. Adams gives a straight forward answer. If you take ownership for your own health, and voice any concerns you may not have had answered, Dr. Adams will make time. My guess is that, when he doesn't spend a lot of time with me, it's b/c he needs to make up for the guy he spent extra time with, and if I don't need a lot of chit chat or converastion around the obvious, he's not going to dwell. That works for me, but maybe not for everyone. BTW, he's always been right so far.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2011

I didn't like Dr. Bob. He's always talking too fast and I feel rushed. I went because of a knee twist, done an x-ray and he just asked me to start physical therapy and he can't see anything wrong from the x-ray. 2 months later, and I'm still exactly the same. I though he should have diagnosed my case more to know exactly what I'm suffering from rather than wasting 2 months and who knows what going on now.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2010

Excellent doc... short and to the point and old school, but there is nothing wrong with that much better at diagnosing than the prev 2 docs I saw

flag | Submitted December 16, 2009

I was thorougly impressed with how attentive and helpful Dr. Adams was. He spent 45 min with his initial examination. He even spent the time to take 2 pages of history notes!!! He actually listened to my concerns and didn't just write a prescription for pain meds and usher me out (which previous doctors have done.) I'm confident that he will do everything in his power to track down an accurate diagnosis.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2009

I was referred to Dr. Adams and agree with another rating as far as he did not listen, nor spend time with you. He is very quick to just get you out. I felt as though he really did not want me as a patient and passed me off after only 3 visits. Charged me for writing a prescription!!!!Would not recommend nor will I be returning. Very little understanding when it comes to pain.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2009

GREAT doctor. Very smart and thorough. I'd recommend him to anyone with sports injuries, really his forte. EXCELLENT doctor.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2009

Dr. Bob J. Adams's Credentials

• Ok State Univ, Coll Of Osteo Med, Tulsa, Ok 74107 (Grad. 1977)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Kirkland, WA