Ratings for Dr. Taryn Taylor

Seems to only want to treat healthy people. Offered poor advice - Specialist I went to on my own was not impressed. There are better physicians in Ottawa.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2017

I have gone in for a sports injury and just by looking at me she found and braced another injury site that required surgical intervention. She is by far the most knowledgeable doctor I have met in the field of sports medicine. The staff there present well and get things done.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2017

Saw Dr. Taylor for a hip issue. She diagnosed the problem immediately and sent me for an MRI. She was fully correct and referred me to a surgeon. She's been very helpful and personable and I can't ask for better from a doctor!

flag | Submitted May 23, 2017

unreal support. my daughter has been her patient since November and in that time she's been able to communicate with her over email and I've been able to reach her by phone when she was away on a conference when my daughter was experiencing distress. can't say enough about the quality of care I've seen from Dr Taylor in the past 2 months.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2017

Amazing. Just a down to earth Dr. who listens and provides really decent feedback and protocols.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2016

I saw Dr. Taylor today to get an injection in my hip. She has a few young doctors shadowing her, and they were both just as wonderful as she. Dr. Taylor was engaging, supportive, understanding, and compassionate -- all things that one can hope for in a doctor of any sort. The injection went well, and I look forward to turning to her for future sports medicine needs... and so should you. To anyone who negatively reviews/reviewed, please know that all doctors are different, all have their own opinions, and procedures (even if they aren't what you want to hear). Her opinion is extremely professional, educated, and well thought-out. I am a little poorer in the wallet after my injection, but far richer in knowledge and soon, mobility, thanks to Dr Taryn Taylor.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2016

Amazing woman and doctor! I met her by fluke because a previous doctor overlooked a recurring injury that required intervention. Internal tissues had broken off and trapped in a joint, the 5 doctors I saw before her said nothing was wrong. She looked at my chart, touched 2 places, shared her hypothesis and got me in for an mri as fast as she could. Her quick diagnosis resulted in getting quick surgery, and she has been extremely helpful with paperwork. She went so far as to help me on a psychological level, and she really is passionate about health. If you care about your health, she will care with you. I don't understand how anyone can give this doctor or their staff any negative ratings. I travel far to see them, and I would give more stars if they were available.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Taylor's for sometime now. She's very punctual and professional in every visit. I've had a chronic challenge with my ankle for quite some time now. She is patient and supportive of trying new ideas. She does not impose medication as the only solution, chronic issues are always more challenging for all physicians. She has introduced me to various professionals to find a solution. I appreciate her professionalism and her commitment to work. Her staff is sometimes a hit and miss, However, once you make a little bit of an effort and get to know them they too will warm up to you.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2015

A friendly Dr.. Better than average. Willing to listen and shows patience. However, is presumptuous; makes assumptions that aren't true. This diminished the quality of care. Initially, willing to answer questions and help but became later became less forthcoming to the point that it became pointless to see her. Does not like follow-up visits. Need to find a different specialist now.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2015

I really can't understand why there are so many positive ratings for Dr. Taylor. She did not spend enough time or refer me for testing to properly diagnose my back problem. I followed her suggestion and had several physiotherapy sessions and also did the exercises at home twice daily. They weren't helping and I realized that no matter how long I did these exercises my back (and related neurological problems) were not going to be resolved! She tried to convince me to continue with the physio. - telling me that the success rate was 98%. I can't understand how she could recommend a specific (and almost success-guaranteed) physio program without an accurate diagnosis! I now see another M.D. who did a very thorough examination and referrd me for an MRI.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2014