Ratings for Dr. Janice F. Dickerson

I moved to Wilmington in 2010 and choose Dickerson as my doctor. I really liked her in the beginning but I never cared for the staff. They never smiled and looked miserable. I changed doctors later on bc one she was difficult to get in with and 2 -i didn't feel like she was listening to my needs anymore and was always rushing me out the door. I decided to change back to her within the last year and saw her for the first time and she was very cold to me, very rude, not compassionate about what I have been through health wise. I have been having health issues, pelvic floor pain at this point and my obgyn put in a referral for a catscan with contrast and physical therapy that she REJECTED. Before that, she didn't want to see me when I asked for a catscan with contrast myself. She did not care to check on me and she was very cold. I hope I can find a doctor that can help me and listen and that is compassionate.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2017

Although extremely punctual, this MD has warm and cold attitude, lately more often cold.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Dickerson for 3 years. She is always professional, patient, compassionate and attentive to details. I have never had a problem with anything she's done at any time.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2017

Ready to write a script and get me out of the office.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2015

After a couple visits I moved on. Not friendly/cold ...not the person in my best interest. Office staff couldn't tell me for sure what my charges were ? The New Hanover Medical Group seems to be more a monopoly w/higher rates and timed appointments.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2015

I am a new patient of Dr. Dickerson. In my opinion, her bedside manner left a lot to be desired. My major complaint is that she seemed so rushed to get me out of her office, that I felt I couldn't tell her why I came to her office to begin with. Btw, there was only one person in the waiting room, so it seemed as if the office wasn't even busy. I left her office with more questions than answers, the main question being, should I switch to a different doctor? I think she is a very competent doctor, but I'm not sure she is the right fit for me. Also, I found her staff to be frustrating, as in needing to work on their listening and customer service skills.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2010

she is an excellent doctor in all fields I have been a patient she started her practice and she also took over my mothers care when she came to live with me at age 87 and in very poor health.....I have always that she is an excellent doctor....

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

Dr. Dickerson is very knowledgeable, helpful and easy to work with. The office staff can sometimes be challenging and there is room for improvement on the "friendly" scale.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2007

Dr. Janice F. Dickerson's Credentials

• Bowman Gray School Of Medicine Of Wake Forest University (Grad. 1995)