Ratings for Dr. Gordon Gubitz

Dr. Gubitz has been extremely caring and helpful while being completely honest during my time under his care. I trust him and any medical direction whole heartedly.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2016

Dr. Gubitz has agreed with other Neurologists I have been seeing here in Halifax and Dartmouth that I have been somatising my symptoms and that they is no expalanation for neurological events occurring.I am currently finding out that this is not the case and working towards a diagnosis that will prove him and the other doctors wrong.The stress and impairment these doctors have caused by misdiagnosing me is immeasurable.Please consider your options for outside opinions when you feel you are being misdiagnosed.It could save your life

flag | Submitted November 18, 2015

Amazing bedside manner. Kind and helpful. QE is lucky to have him.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2014

Dr Gubitz saw my father when he suffered his TIA and his brain stem dissection. He was very knowledgeable, kind, and was the type of doctor who my father clicked with.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2014

DR. Gubitz is a great doctor. I was only 50 years old when I had mild stroke .I am now on the pill.it looks like the pill I am taking s good working . Thank you DOCTOR !

flag | Submitted June 19, 2014

Dr. Gubitz saw my husband who had suffered a severe stroke. He was sincere, knowledgeable, helpful and got things done. The facility (Halifax Infirmary) is fantastic! In a world which was foreign to us, we felt well guided thanks to Dr. Gubitz and a most amazing stroke team!

flag | Submitted May 3, 2013

I met Dr. Gubitz for the first time today and came away feeling joyful. I have had the good fortune to be treated by a number of excellent physicians but Gord Gubitz is head and shoulders above everyone else. He is very knowledgeable without a trace of arrogance or condescension; patient, kind, generous with his time, so personable I felt that he was a caring friend. He is respectful to both his staff and his patients, has a wonderful sense of humour, is very thorough, and inspires complete confidence.Anyone referred to him is a very lucky person.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2013

Met with Dr. Gubitz yesterday for the first time. Absolutely fantastic meeting. Great doctor, extremely knowledgeable and caring, great sense of humor, and a very helpful guy. I came away from that meeting feeling great, that I had learned a great deal and that I had someone in my corner willing to help. 10 out of 10 in my books.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2013

Dr Gubitz saw my father in law after he had a stroke. I was the main caregiver and he showed a considerable amount of both compassion and expertise. I was particularly pleased with the way he treated my father in law. Despite the fact that the stroke left him severely incapacitated without the ability to be understood, he treated him with respect and caring, never speaking down to him as many were in the habit of doing. He also took the time (and patience) to explain everything to me, including what I could expect going forward. If I should have a stroke take me straight to Dr. Gubitz.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2011

He is fine if you suit him, but did nothing for my mother but leave her spirit broken. Didn't even try to help her.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2011