Ratings for Dr. Susan Ellard

I can't tell you how disappointed we were with the oncologist. My sister saw her for breast cancer and we believe wholeheartedly that her outcome would have been immensely better with a different oncologist. I won't go into detail about all the mistakes that were made with my sister. I urge you to consider seeing someone else. In fact in would urge you to get a referral to someone in Vancouver rather than Kelowna. I wonder how many people would still be alive if they'd been referred to a qualified dr in Vancouver. I guessing a lot.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2017

Dr Ellard's knowledge and caring saved my life. Nothing but positives for this competent and lovely lady.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2016

Dr. Ellard's often on vacation or is often unavailable. When she is out of the office, I feel nothing but helpless and have no one to call but the ER Department in general (even just for consultations or questions). I wish she has a better back up system with a fellow oncologist so they can know her patient's case history well and I don't need to worry about having to explain exactly the treatments I have received in the last year or two.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2016

Dr Ellard, & her staff were wonderful, we are very thankful to have such a caring competent Dr for our son..

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

Dr. Ellerd is amazing, she has been wonderful to our family. Making sure my parents understand what she is saying and being so understanding and kind. The staff is also wonderful and very patient. We are so lucky to have Dr. Ellerd and BCCA staff helping our family.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2014

Dr Ellard saved my life... I am very lucky that I was referred to her. I found her to be very patient with my numerous questions at each appt, she had great bedside manner and was very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2012

After being treated with Breast Cancer Dr. Ellard has been nothing but reassuring, knowedgeable. Always willing to spend time to answer and expalin any questions I had. Wonderful 'bedside' manner.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2012

caring and knowledgeable. Corrected a missdiagnosis by kamloops pathologist. Not always forthcoming with info unless asked then responds in detail. Nursing staff very positive about her.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2010

Knowledgable, caring and willing to take time to answer all my questions, even by email. Thorough. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2010

Dr. Ellard was the on-call, after hours oncologist in Kelowna when I phoned about my husband's fever and diarrhea, my husband being a cancer patient in Kamloops. She said she'd look up my husband's medical file on her computer and call me back. She called back within 10 minutes with helpful advice and calmed me down. She was still the on-call doctor the following weekend and, again, gave me very helpful advice, resulting in our driving into Emergency at the Kamloops hospital. When we got there, she had called them from Kelowna and spoken to them about my husband. I was very impressed with her helpfulness.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2009