You may also like

Rate Dr. V. Bharadwaj

Dr. V. Bharadwaj's Ratings

I agree with the impression described by the low raters here regarding his demeanor and superiority complex. I think he is knowledgeable but unfortunately his ego stands in the way of treating the patients properly. Said there is nothing that can be done after laser turbinectomy failed to do provide the expected results in one of the nostrils (but worked fine in the other). He pretty invited me out of his office when I insisted that I still have a problem.
I know for a fact that a repeat laser procedure in the still blocked nostril will benefit because I went for a second opinion and the other doctor told me so. But Dr. Bharadwaj insists nothing is wrong despite me not being able to breath properly on that side. He simply ignores what I am telling him.
On top of everything, the thing he sticks in your nose to look around appeared to me to be dirty. He keeps it in a tube with a liquid (I assume some sort of sterilizer) and he wipes it on a piece of paper towel before sticking it up your nose. I could swear I saw reddish/brown stuff on said paper towel after wiping it, once. Disgusting, but given the health system situation I didn't say anything as I didn't want to wait another 6 months for another appointment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2873256].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

Referred to this ENT after son's ear infection persisted for weeks with high fever and multiple rounds of topical antibiotics. He diagnosed a fungal infection. Treated him in the office and sent us off with a prescription. He isn't always forthcoming with information, but will provide it if you ask. Reassured us it would get better, and did not recommend tubes for son's recurrent ear infections like other ENT in K-W, said he'd grow out of it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2854750].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 2, 2015

Avoid Surgery if possible. Seek 2nd opinion. I went in for a consultation for a deviated septum and was wondering why I was only breathing through one side of the nose at a time. He spoke really fast and only spoke for 5 minutes and he recommended I go for surgery, but I DID NOT need to go through it.

Read this: http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2010/03/about-85-of-people-only-breathe-out-of-one-nostril-at-a-time/

I ended up having the surgery and only found this out afterwards. My breathing is worse than what it was now since one of the nasal passage got narrowed after the surgery and I have been living with this problem ever since. Went I went and complained, he suggested I seek another doctor and he couldn't do anything about it.

Biggest mistake of my life.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2759678].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 27, 2015

Dr. Bharadwaj is a soft spoken, friendly doctor. He really takes the time to answer questions if you ask any (accompanied with some diagrams that he draws out to show you exactly what he means). I had laser cryptolysis performed by Dr.B, which saved me the trouble of having to undergo a traditional tonsillectomy in hospital. He's one of the only few in Canada to perform this procedure. Even though I had to wait about 40 min before entering exam room, he and his nurse apologized. Overall, I had a great experience both with Dr.B and his team. Would recommend.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2631229].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 24, 2014

First visit, he was polite, hands on (did a cautery in the office) suggested some practical follow-up nasal care. After continuing serious nose bleeds though, and a subsequent visit he suggested there is nothing else that can be done. He said that my nose bleeds are a 'pressure release'. Thanks a lot. That's like saying that a short circuit is a 'voltage release' in electrical terms. I have had an emergency hospital stay for a nose bleed that wouldn't quite since then. I have been referred to Dr. Cameron (who doesn't seem to get good reviews, either). That's the nature of health care in Ontario, I guess... :(

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2513229].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 25, 2014

Rude, impatient, unprofessional and condescending. I do not recommend this doctor. His time was not worth the $2 I spent on parking. He did not do a thorough exam, nor a detailed medical history, but was able to dismiss me in less than 1 minute. When questioned on his diagnosis, he became defensive and derisive. Definite superiority complex. Must be a very important man though - made time to answer his cell phone in the middle of the consult. Will not be returning to this doctor - ever.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1069160].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 16, 2013

I can't believe the ratings on here! This Dr. has been a wonderful and pleasant surprise on my journey. He has been punctual, informative and kind straight through my biopsy to my cancer diagnosis. The girls have made 3 unscheduled appointments for me to answer my questions and help ease my anxieties. He shows up for surgery with a smile on his face and you know he's a supporter going in and he's on your team! Things don't always go as planned, each persons recovery is different with its own challenges. I think sometimes people just need to be angry at someone for the situations they are dealing with. Please don't be discouraged by the ratings, I read them and was worried before I saw him - So I was looking for something bad and still couldn't find it, he's truly wonderful to deal with!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1069159].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 7, 2013

Dr Bharadwaj is great, very knowledgeable and has helped me in many ways!. He took my daughters tonsils and adenoids out and repaired my deviated septum also did Laser surgery on my sinuses. I have had issues with my sinuses for over 15 yrs, he is the only one that actually did something about it. For that I am very grateful!! He is very smart and comforting! I felt totally safe and fearless in his hands. Highly recommend!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1069158].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 22, 2013

I got an ear problem with constant noises and losing hearing a few weeks ago. First, booked an appointment with this doctor but didn't show up, didn't inform me his unavailability. Didn't respect patient's time (I have spent lots of efforts arrange my time so I could go for the appointment). After finally got a hold of him, he was saying he could not find anything and sent me home. I had to discuss with my family doctor to find another doctor to re-assess my situation. He is rude and impatient, feels like only his time is valuable and patient's pain and problems are not important to him. DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS DOCTOR!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1069157].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 15, 2013

This was probably the worst experience I've ever had at the Doctor. He missed my diagnosis of an ear infection, then suggested I was overdramatizing the pain because he couldn't see anything. He was such a bully. It wasn't until I started crying and begged him to help me because of the pain that he got gentle and was actually able to take a good look and see that my ear was severely infected, so much so that it had swollen shut, and that was why the infection was not immediately perceivable. His staff were as bad, apart from one very kind nurse. Please be careful if you go to this man to make sure you ask for the respect you should. In the end, he did cure my infection, and became much nicer, but he definitely wasn't when I was in the most pain.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1069156].votes_count ]]