Ratings for Dr. Joel Rifkind

A great dentist and staff. I highly recommend them.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2017

Horrible experience. Before becoming a patient they first required an initial visit to take a look at my teeth, take measurements,and x-rays. This visit took 1 1/2 hrs and caused me to be late to work. Dental Hygienist smelled like cigarettes and was in my face. I then came back a few weeks later because they said I had 3 cavities that needed filled (I regularly visit the dentist every 6 months previous dentist was not concerned at all by these teeth) I decided to go ahead and take care of the cavities due to the extremely low cost $100 for all 3. Dr. Rifkind was late 15 mins (I was first appt of day) Extremely rough sanding/drilling of teeth-felt like they were sanding off all of teeth in that area. After visit I was in pain for weeks. I went back and had them fix alignment of fillings, but still continued to have pain. 6 months later and my teeth still are not right. Can no longer eat on that side of my mouth even using sensitive toothpaste for months. Never going back.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2016

I like Dr. Rifkind and his staff except the older, red haired lady at front desk named Lora. She is very, very RUDE and professional. She is also very bossy and mean to the other employees there. I observed this from the lobby when I was waiting to be seen. She obtained some bad information from my insurance company and I had to pay ALOT of extra out of pocket money for my treatment. I am not sure if I will return to the office.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2012

I read the other reviews. godisgood appears to be disingenuous at best as his/her reviews are all over the country and word for word identical to postings under other screen names. Dr. Rifkind is the best dentist I know! I drive 35 miles to go to him. He and his staff are friendly and professional. I have been going to them for 9 or 10 years and refer all my family and friends. Whenever I hear someone complaining about their dentist - I send them to Dr. Rifkind. They always thank me after their visit. Over the years, I have sent him at least a dozen clients and will continue to do so. His staff is terrific.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2011

Every staff member was kind and helpful to myself and my family. Our family has been patients of Dr. Rifkinds for years and have been very happy with our dental work. I have complete confidence in Dr. Rifkind and his staff to take care of our dental needs. I would recommend this office to anyone who needs a good dentist.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2011

All three of my children complained about the pain. One of his dental assistants talked very rudely to my son. When we left to go to another dentist they called and questioned why. Our new dentist wanted to know why my daughters teeth were shaved down. Told him previous dentist did it, and we didn't know he did until now. Horrible horrible horrible

flag | Submitted June 21, 2011

absolute worst experience I have ever had. Not only is there staff rude but they have an arrogance about them when performing work. I don't think I have felt so much pain in my mouth since after a simple cleaning. I literally could not eat for 4 days!! Are you kidding me?? How do these guys stay in business!!

flag | Submitted February 22, 2011

This dentist contact my insurance company and told me that I would owe $142 out of pocket; but they failed to tell the insurance company that they would be using a premium filling, not the standard filling. I paid the $142 at the time of service, then received a bill for an additional $200 because of the type of filling used. I requested that they meet me half way with the bill because they misrepresented to me what I would owe, but they refused to take any responsibility for the error.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2007