Dr. Andrew R. Mcintosh

Outstanding Staff BadgeWorld Class Punctuality BadgeExceptionally Helpful BadgeHighly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Andrew R. Mcintosh

my daughter is CP she is three and bites her lower lip so bad. she has been doing this for two yrs. due to financial constraints we been relying on public hospitals but not even the highly recommended professors at Wits could help us. we almost lost hope and l am now suicidal because l am tired of seeing my one and only child cry in pain looking at me for help and all l can afford to do is cry with her and say am sorry asking so man questions.. l need help for my daughter before its too late she is epileptic too. I

flag | Submitted December 26, 2016

Outstanding pediatric neurologist! I have had way too much experience with pediatric neurologists. Not many of those experiences have been positive ones. This is the first time we have been to a neurologist who gets down on my son's level, talks to him and not through him, listens to my son and what he has to say and makes my son feel special, important and normal instead of a kid who has some different neurological issues. His office is warm, friendly, fun for kids and relaxing for parents. This is the first time I have not dreaded our neurologist visits. I highly recommend Dr. McIntosh to anyone needing a pediatric neurologist.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2016

I can't say enough positive things about our experience while visiting Dr. McIntosh's office. We came in as worried parents with lots of questions and concerns. Dr. McIntosh took his time to to view our daughter scans and discuss with us what he was seeing. He was able to explain things in a manner which we were able to understand easily. It's refreshing to have a doctor that will listen to your concerns and encourage questions. Besides being very warm and friendly, the staff was knowledgeable and efficient with setting up test and appointments. The added bonus was the child friendly office waiting room. I would definitely recommend Dr McIntosh.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2016

My son has been seeing Dr. McIntosh for over 3 years for seizures. From our very first appointment with him, I was totally comfortable. He has always taken time to talk to me about things and never rushed me. He is very knowledgable and I always left our appointments knowing exactly what the plan was. Although my son has outgrown his seizures and we are hopefully on our last leg of this journey, I am thankful for the care he has received under Dr. McIntosh these past 3 years and I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2016

Dr. Andrew McIntosh came highly recommended to us. I was impressed with the efficiency of the office staff and the thoroughness in which Dr. McIntosh evaluated my son. After evaluating him, he had a plan and set it in motion and he was great at listening. I was also grateful for the receptionist who quickly scheduled my son after hearing about the symptoms he was having. Instead of us having to wait two months, she fit us in the next week.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2016

I really loved this Doctor. I feel a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. We came to visit Dr. Mcintosh for child migraines and ADHD and I feel confident in our plan for the future. He gave a thurol evaluation and good future plan.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2016

So amazing to find a neurologist that is kind, caters to your needs and is extremely kind. Dr McIntosh and his entire staff are friendly & helpful and go above and beyond to help you with whatever you need. He was fantastic with my son and explained everything very clearly that made it easy to understand. I wouldn't go anywhere else & I thank him and his staff for a fantastic experience

flag | Submitted April 1, 2016

I wish I could give more than 5 stars! My daughter had her first appointment with Dr McIntosh yesterday! Two of her current doctors recommend him, so we made the hour and half drive. I didn't have high hopes...we typically leave a Dr appointment with no answers, no plan and lots of tears. Yesterday was the first time any Dr had given us any hope! Dr McIntosh, was thorough, kind and most importantly had a plan to start helping our daughter! He was not rushed and spent as much time as we needed to answer any questions. No, he does not take PPO insurance, but I don't care! You will pay any amount of money if someone can actually help your children! I will continue to pay out of pocket and drive the hour and a half, because it is beyond worth it!! If your on the fence about taking your child to see him....just do it! You will not be disappointed

flag | Submitted February 10, 2016

It is my pleasure and honor to express my deepest and most heartfelt appreciation for the kindness, professionalism and excellent care that Dr. Andrew McIntosh provides my son and our family. Dr. McIntosh achieves this exceptional recommendation based on his patient care by going above and beyond by providing the best care for our son. The sensitivity and support of Dr. McIntosh and his fine staff help us through all of the medical details while remaining focused on providing the highest and best quality of care. We have had the pleasure of being patients of Dr. McIntosh for nearly 7 years and it has been our privilege to be recipients of his excellence care. And it is without hesitation that I provide Dr. McIntosh with the highest, most valuable, excellent recommendation for every aspect of him, his staff and his entire practice. Thank you Dr. McIntosh!

flag | Submitted February 3, 2016

What a blessing to have found Dr. McIntosh so close to home. Even If we lived hours away I would still be driving to see him for my six year old son. Our first visit today was wonderful from start to finish. The ladies in the office are kind, helpful and very friendly, not just on the phone but in person also. They make you feel so welcome in the office! Dr. McIntosh is just so amazing. He has a gentle, kind and loving manner. He was amazing with our son and with us (the parents) as well. He has an incredible understanding of children and it shows in everything he does from evaluation to diagnosis and explaining in clear terms the steps that need to be taken next. I can't stress enough how wonderful Dr. McIntosh and his office staff have been. What could have been a very anxious time for all of us turned out to be a beneficial and wonderful experience.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2015