Ratings for Dr. Andrew R. Mcintosh

Dr. McIntosh by todays standards is a rare find!..He doesn't rush, he carefully listens to your concerns/questions, he absolutely cares about you!! He has given our family hope. We have seen positive changes in our child's behavior. Joanne & Judy are prompt, courteous, and so kind...my concerns and questions get answered immediately. That office has some really fantastic communication with the Dr. & the patients...Nothing but a positive experience all the way around!!

flag | Submitted July 28, 2017

My family feels so blessed to have found Dr. McIntosh. My daughter (now 12) was diagnosed with absence seizures when she was 4. At the time we were out of state and had doctors that put her on medicine that was, in our opinion, much more dangerous than her seizures. Luckily we moved to CA when she was 5 and found Dr. McIntosh. He was the first doctor that worked with us to find a medication and plan that helped our daughter without the terrible life and mood altering side effects. We enjoy coming to his office each visit. The office staff is wonderful and we are always seen on time. Dr. M is always so calming and reassuring. We really can't say enough good things. If your child is needing a pediatric neurologist, don't hesitate to bring him or her to Dr. McIntosh. He is truly the best!!

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

We met with Dr. McIntosh for an initial consultation for my child to review the issues that he has been having in regards to lack of attention and behavior issues. He was engaging and I did not feel rushed. He took the time to provide a comprehensive evaluation. He provided an initial evaluation in a professional manner and connected very well with my child.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

We were referred by Hoag Urgent Care for my daughter's ongoing headaches. Our entire experience, from booking to office visit, was nothing short of amazing. The time and care shown to us was leaps and bounds above most other doctors. Tremendous time was spent with us with a pleasant and comforting demeanor. The front desk staff was helpful and worked very hard to get us in. We felt like we had a great plan of attack after leaving thanks to the thorough step-by-step plans drawn up by DR. McIntosh. His bedside manner is refreshing, caring and perfect for handling kids.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2017

My daughter's psychiatrist referred us to Dr. McIntosh for help with her tics. After reviewing her paperwork and talking to us, he knew exactly what to do and made us as parents feel so much better! He called my daughter in to join us and made her feel so comfortable by using humor. He totally connected with her and explained what was going on, how it would be treated, and reassured her that she was not a weird kid. He even gave her hints on how to handle kids asking her about her tics. Then they role-played so he made sure she knew what to do, whether nice kids or mean kids were asking her questions! We all left the office feeling so relieved that there was an answer to her struggle with tics. Thank you Dr. McIntosh!

flag | Submitted February 20, 2017

Excellent doctor! I was referred to Dr. McIntosh many years ago for my son's seizure disorder. He was the only doctor that actually diagnosed the type of seizures he was having. He explained everything in detail so that I was able to understand why he was having the seizures. He is a very kind and caring doctor and his staff is very friendly. The wait time in the waiting room is always less than five minutes which is very appreciated. I would highly recommend Dr. McIntosh to friends.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2017

my daughter is CP she is three and bites her lower lip so bad. she has been doing this for two yrs. due to financial constraints we been relying on public hospitals but not even the highly recommended professors at Wits could help us. we almost lost hope and l am now suicidal because l am tired of seeing my one and only child cry in pain looking at me for help and all l can afford to do is cry with her and say am sorry asking so man questions.. l need help for my daughter before its too late she is epileptic too. I

flag | Submitted December 26, 2016

Outstanding pediatric neurologist! I have had way too much experience with pediatric neurologists. Not many of those experiences have been positive ones. This is the first time we have been to a neurologist who gets down on my son's level, talks to him and not through him, listens to my son and what he has to say and makes my son feel special, important and normal instead of a kid who has some different neurological issues. His office is warm, friendly, fun for kids and relaxing for parents. This is the first time I have not dreaded our neurologist visits. I highly recommend Dr. McIntosh to anyone needing a pediatric neurologist.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2016

I can't say enough positive things about our experience while visiting Dr. McIntosh's office. We came in as worried parents with lots of questions and concerns. Dr. McIntosh took his time to to view our daughter scans and discuss with us what he was seeing. He was able to explain things in a manner which we were able to understand easily. It's refreshing to have a doctor that will listen to your concerns and encourage questions. Besides being very warm and friendly, the staff was knowledgeable and efficient with setting up test and appointments. The added bonus was the child friendly office waiting room. I would definitely recommend Dr McIntosh.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2016

My son has been seeing Dr. McIntosh for over 3 years for seizures. From our very first appointment with him, I was totally comfortable. He has always taken time to talk to me about things and never rushed me. He is very knowledgable and I always left our appointments knowing exactly what the plan was. Although my son has outgrown his seizures and we are hopefully on our last leg of this journey, I am thankful for the care he has received under Dr. McIntosh these past 3 years and I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2016