Dr. Andrew R. Mcintosh

Outstanding Staff BadgeWorld Class Punctuality BadgeExceptionally Helpful BadgeHighly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Andrew R. Mcintosh

My daughter's psychiatrist referred us to Dr. McIntosh for help with her tics. After reviewing her paperwork and talking to us, he knew exactly what to do and made us as parents feel so much better! He called my daughter in to join us and made her feel so comfortable by using humor. He totally connected with her and explained what was going on, how it would be treated, and reassured her that she was not a weird kid. He even gave her hints on how to handle kids asking her about her tics. Then they role-played so he made sure she knew what to do, whether nice kids or mean kids were asking her questions! We all left the office feeling so relieved that there was an answer to her struggle with tics. Thank you Dr. McIntosh!

flag | Submitted February 20, 2017

Excellent doctor! I was referred to Dr. McIntosh many years ago for my son's seizure disorder. He was the only doctor that actually diagnosed the type of seizures he was having. He explained everything in detail so that I was able to understand why he was having the seizures. He is a very kind and caring doctor and his staff is very friendly. The wait time in the waiting room is always less than five minutes which is very appreciated. I would highly recommend Dr. McIntosh to friends.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2017

my daughter is CP she is three and bites her lower lip so bad. she has been doing this for two yrs. due to financial constraints we been relying on public hospitals but not even the highly recommended professors at Wits could help us. we almost lost hope and l am now suicidal because l am tired of seeing my one and only child cry in pain looking at me for help and all l can afford to do is cry with her and say am sorry asking so man questions.. l need help for my daughter before its too late she is epileptic too. I

flag | Submitted December 26, 2016

Outstanding pediatric neurologist! I have had way too much experience with pediatric neurologists. Not many of those experiences have been positive ones. This is the first time we have been to a neurologist who gets down on my son's level, talks to him and not through him, listens to my son and what he has to say and makes my son feel special, important and normal instead of a kid who has some different neurological issues. His office is warm, friendly, fun for kids and relaxing for parents. This is the first time I have not dreaded our neurologist visits. I highly recommend Dr. McIntosh to anyone needing a pediatric neurologist.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2016

I can't say enough positive things about our experience while visiting Dr. McIntosh's office. We came in as worried parents with lots of questions and concerns. Dr. McIntosh took his time to to view our daughter scans and discuss with us what he was seeing. He was able to explain things in a manner which we were able to understand easily. It's refreshing to have a doctor that will listen to your concerns and encourage questions. Besides being very warm and friendly, the staff was knowledgeable and efficient with setting up test and appointments. The added bonus was the child friendly office waiting room. I would definitely recommend Dr McIntosh.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2016

My son has been seeing Dr. McIntosh for over 3 years for seizures. From our very first appointment with him, I was totally comfortable. He has always taken time to talk to me about things and never rushed me. He is very knowledgable and I always left our appointments knowing exactly what the plan was. Although my son has outgrown his seizures and we are hopefully on our last leg of this journey, I am thankful for the care he has received under Dr. McIntosh these past 3 years and I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2016

Dr. Andrew McIntosh came highly recommended to us. I was impressed with the efficiency of the office staff and the thoroughness in which Dr. McIntosh evaluated my son. After evaluating him, he had a plan and set it in motion and he was great at listening. I was also grateful for the receptionist who quickly scheduled my son after hearing about the symptoms he was having. Instead of us having to wait two months, she fit us in the next week.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2016

I really loved this Doctor. I feel a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. We came to visit Dr. Mcintosh for child migraines and ADHD and I feel confident in our plan for the future. He gave a thurol evaluation and good future plan.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2016

So amazing to find a neurologist that is kind, caters to your needs and is extremely kind. Dr McIntosh and his entire staff are friendly & helpful and go above and beyond to help you with whatever you need. He was fantastic with my son and explained everything very clearly that made it easy to understand. I wouldn't go anywhere else & I thank him and his staff for a fantastic experience

flag | Submitted April 1, 2016

I wish I could give more than 5 stars! My daughter had her first appointment with Dr McIntosh yesterday! Two of her current doctors recommend him, so we made the hour and half drive. I didn't have high hopes...we typically leave a Dr appointment with no answers, no plan and lots of tears. Yesterday was the first time any Dr had given us any hope! Dr McIntosh, was thorough, kind and most importantly had a plan to start helping our daughter! He was not rushed and spent as much time as we needed to answer any questions. No, he does not take PPO insurance, but I don't care! You will pay any amount of money if someone can actually help your children! I will continue to pay out of pocket and drive the hour and a half, because it is beyond worth it!! If your on the fence about taking your child to see him....just do it! You will not be disappointed

flag | Submitted February 10, 2016