Ratings for Dr. Andrew R. Mcintosh

It is my pleasure and honor to express my deepest and most heartfelt appreciation for the kindness, professionalism and excellent care that Dr. Andrew McIntosh provides my son and our family. Dr. McIntosh achieves this exceptional recommendation based on his patient care by going above and beyond by providing the best care for our son. The sensitivity and support of Dr. McIntosh and his fine staff help us through all of the medical details while remaining focused on providing the highest and best quality of care. We have had the pleasure of being patients of Dr. McIntosh for nearly 7 years and it has been our privilege to be recipients of his excellence care. And it is without hesitation that I provide Dr. McIntosh with the highest, most valuable, excellent recommendation for every aspect of him, his staff and his entire practice. Thank you Dr. McIntosh!

flag | Submitted February 3, 2016

What a blessing to have found Dr. McIntosh so close to home. Even If we lived hours away I would still be driving to see him for my six year old son. Our first visit today was wonderful from start to finish. The ladies in the office are kind, helpful and very friendly, not just on the phone but in person also. They make you feel so welcome in the office! Dr. McIntosh is just so amazing. He has a gentle, kind and loving manner. He was amazing with our son and with us (the parents) as well. He has an incredible understanding of children and it shows in everything he does from evaluation to diagnosis and explaining in clear terms the steps that need to be taken next. I can't stress enough how wonderful Dr. McIntosh and his office staff have been. What could have been a very anxious time for all of us turned out to be a beneficial and wonderful experience.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2015

Dr. McIntosh is the best there is!! We started noticing some issues with our daughter and after looking at hours of scary reviews I came across Dr. McIntosh. The reviews calmed my anxiety but those only go until it meets reality. And the reality turned out that the reviews were all true. The office staff was everything you would want from an office staff. They were efficient, friendly with not only myself but with my daughter and my son. So I called to see how it would be to make an appt. I told one of the office staff what was going on and where I lived. It was a little distance away. She asked me some questions which showed she was on top of things. Then she asked if she could check with the doctor. She came back and she said he wanted an EEG done right away. They had their tech come in special for my daughter the next day. The EEG was done with ease and the tech was visibly skilled at what she did. When I had first gotten there with my kids the doctor came over and asked if this was Emma sweetly with a smile towards her and then introduced himself by his first name only! I was totally blown away. The next day we came in to see him and he was already fully versed in the results of the EEG. He sweetly told my son and daughter that he was going to take mom and dad into the other room to talk to them but everything is good. It's no big deal. He sat down and discussed in detail how the brain works as far as the results of the EEG and what our results were. We asked questions and he talked with us like he was sitting in our house with no other appointments in his day. It so allowed me to hear what he was saying and to think of what questions to ask. We weren't rushed at all. He answered many of my many questions before I even asked. He then asked if there was any other questions. He then brought Emma into the room and spoke with her. My daughter is shy with strangers but he was so sweet with her talking directly to her. I could not believe this type of doctor still exists. When it's a doctor for your kids, you can't think of having anyone that is not top of the line. Well Dr McIntosh is the best of any doctor I have ever met and I have seen many doctors with myself and my parents. He and his staff should get awards for how they treated us. So I will be posting this review anywhere I can find a spot!

flag | Submitted October 17, 2015

We recently had the pleasure of bringing our Son to see Dr. Mcintosh and we could not have been more impressed. He was welcoming, easy to talk with and was fantastic with our Son. He would make funny voices and noises in order to get his attention. He was patient and truly knew how to work with children. Dr. Mcintosh and his staff far exceeded our expectations and would recommend them to anyone seeking pediatric Neurology services.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2015

Like many parents, I was hesitant to take my son to a neurologist and have him formally diagnosed. I thought it was something he'd grow out of. "He's all boy", "he's got a lot of energy", or "he's just emotionally immature" were the common comments. When I look back and compare him to my other younger children, there was/is definitely something noticeably different about him. It started as an infant. When you find yourself exhausted from your child or constantly embarrassed by their behavior, maybe constantly saying, "no, stop, calm down, and relax" then you need to seek outside help. When you've tried everything under the sun from diet change, organic, supplements, oils, gluten free, oxygen treatments, allergy testing, and prayer and nothing is helping, you need to seek outside help. When school and homework is a challenge (ends up in tears and tantrums) or their peer relationships are affected, you need to seek outside help. That's what we did by second grade. Luckily the 2nd grade teacher did have special needs children of her own. She knew I pushed against the idea of medication. When the teacher is in tears and offers to pay for the evolution by a neurologist, then it's a big deal! Fast forward to the first eval. Dr. McIntosh has an awesome "bedside manner". He's patient with the kiddos and really guides the parents to a conservative start on medication, should you choose that route. Our diagnosis is ADHD and Anxiety. After a school year of trying a few different medications and dosages, my son's reading level jumped 400 Lexile points (two grade levels), he soared in sports because he was able to focus, and I received nothing but great behavior reports from the school, coaches, and other parents. We still adjust the medication here and there, but have found a routine that's working for us now. A medium dosage in the morning and small dosage 30 minutes before homework or sports. There's also 3mg of melatonin at night and a non-processed/low sugar diet. There are still outbursts and school issues here and there, but nothing that's not manageable. We have also finally earned honor roll at school. Yeah!!! I hope this review helps someone. You owe it to your child to do what you can to help them succeed. Ignore the negative talk from your own parents and neighbors regarding medication. You'll come across the naysayers, but you're the one raising the child. You're paying for their education and raising them up to be a respectable person. You're the one dealing with the tantrums, hitting themselves, and school issues. You have the final say and wanting what's best for them is always a win-win!

flag | Submitted March 30, 2015

Dr. McIntosh is a wonderful doctor, and very good with our 14 year old son, diagnosed with Aspergers and ADHD. He takes the time to listen to my concerns, and is so knowledgable in his ability to describe different meds and help choose the best ones for our son. I am thankful to have him as our sons neurologist.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2015

Submitted January 3, 2015

Great doctor. I trust him with healing me of my epilepsy. I haven't had a seizure in 4 years thanks to him

flag | Submitted May 20, 2014

I thought my experience with Dr McIntosh was very thorough and professional. We left with an excellent treatment plan for my 15 year old with headaches. I am happy to recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2014

Dr. Macintosh is so wonderful! His front desk staff are so kind upon entering. It was me and my daughters first time going to the office and usually you meet the doctor after being admitted into the room but he came out introduced himself to the both of us. He reassured my daughter that this was a painless appointment. It really comforted her because she was a bit nervous. He put everything at ease for me and answered every question I had wonderful doctor!!

flag | Submitted May 12, 2014

Dr. Andrew R. Mcintosh's Credentials

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "It is my pleasure and honor to express my deepest and most heartfelt appreciation for the kindness, professionalism and excellent care that Dr. Andrew McIntosh ..."

February 3, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "What a blessing to have found Dr. McIntosh so close to home. Even If we lived hours away I would still be driving to see him for my six year old son. Our firs..."

October 21, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. McIntosh is the best there is!! We started noticing some issues with our daughter and after looking at hours of scary reviews I came across Dr. McIntosh...."

October 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "We recently had the pleasure of bringing our Son to see Dr. Mcintosh and we could not have been more impressed. He was welcoming, easy to talk with and was fant..."

October 12, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Like many parents, I was hesitant to take my son to a neurologist and have him formally diagnosed. I thought it was something he'd grow out of. "He's all boy", ..."

March 30, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. McIntosh is a wonderful doctor, and very good with our 14 year old son, diagnosed with Aspergers and ADHD. He takes the time to listen to my concerns, and ..."

January 25, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dissatisfied... Need I say more. Did not like his diagnosis of my child. He acted annoyed with my opinions. Did not feel I was listen to"

January 3, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Not a great doctor...if he's interested in your case you might have 75% of his attention, but if he's not don't expect much more than 10%, if that."

October 16, 2014
  • City changed from "ORANGE" to "Laguna Niguel"

December 10, 2012