Ratings for Dr. Geoffrey Dervin

Very pleasant, rushed the last time I saw him though. I now have to undergo another surgery as I just dislocated my artificial paletta. Hope I will have another quick great experience. Will be back to rate again.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2018

He is a fantastic, hard working Dr. with very good bedside manners. I have recommended him to several of my friends. His whole team Lafargue friendly and helpful. Thank you for the amazing job you/he did on both of my knees! I can now walk pain free for the first time in at least two decades!! Thank you once again for everything that you did for me! Kim Lozo

flag | Submitted November 20, 2017

Dr. Dervin replaced both knees. The right knee in Nov/2010 and the left May/ 2011. Prior to both surgeries I had severe pain.Given the damage to both knees, I was told by two other orthopaedic surgeons that Dr. Dervin would be the best surgeon. They were 100% correct. Both surgeries were successful . I was walking within hours and home in 24hrs. I followed Dr. Dervin’s instructions to the letter and all has been excellent. The pain I endured prior to both surgeries disappeared and no pain killer was required, although I did have prescriptions in the event It was required. I am thankful to the doctors who referred me to Dr. Dervin and I have also written to the Ottawa Hospital and the Ontario Minister iOS Health, suggesting that Dr. Dervin and his colleagues be permitted to share their approach which I would consider the “ Gold Standard” for knee replacement surgery. When it was confirmed I required hip surgeries, Dr. Dervin referred me to his colleague Dr. Robert Faibel. It is my sincere wish that Dr. Dervin’s approach be adopted along with the pre-op preparation as it applies to the patient’s attitude concerning outcome and recovery. I continue to respond to the post-op surveys as they will help Dr. Dervin and his colleagues provide joint replacement on the basis of Day surgery. Thank you Dr. Dervin.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2017

Excellent surgeon! Dr. Dervin operated my knee. I had a torn ACL, problems with meniscus, and arthritis. He performed an excellent surgery! The recovery time was very good. Dr. Dervin does care about his patients, he answers all your questions and is at all times willing to help. One of the best knee surgeons in Canada!

flag | Submitted October 18, 2017

I have seen Dr. Dervin since i was 16 years old when I needed my ACL and Meniscus repaired. I have had my ACL repaired twice now and just had my 3rd surgery on March 3, 2017 (at age 29) to have my Meniscus repaired again. He is such a kind hearted person and i would only trust him with my knee repairs. He listens to you when your explaining your knee issues and not once has he judged me or told me to stop playing sports because i have had ACL and Meniscus repairs done. Also on the day of surgery he gives you a sense or calmness because he is confident in what he does. I would only recommend Dr. Dervin and feel blessed im under his care.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

1 hour wait time. Absolutely disguisting punctuality.

Submitted January 4, 2017

I had total knee replacement November 29, 2016 by Dr Dervin. As soon as I met Dr. Dervin I knew he was a good Dr. He was friendly and concerned with my knee problems. He explained what he would like to do to help me. After surgery, he saw me in my room and was very concerned about my condition and how I was feeling. He was also concerned on how my stay in the hospital was so far and was there anything that I needed. I need to get my other knee repaired as well and I will be getting Dr. Dervin to do it.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2016

I had my left knee replaced two years ago and the surgery and recovery went entirely according to plan. Dr Dervin laid out each step and now I walk and climb without discomfort. He answered all of my questions.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2016

Dr Dervin's skills in fixing my shattered kneecap were only surpassed by his excellent "bedside" manner. Patient, never hurried, empathetic and a good listener, his manner before and after my surgery was just as important to my healing process as his surgical skills. His assistant Connie and his residents shared his approach. I really was very lucky to have had had this doctor for my surgery.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2016

Dr Dervin is a fantastic surgeon. Although I have had some complications he has been their trying to make sure I was getting the best possible outcome. Between him, Connie and the rest of his team they have been nothing but compassionate and caring. All of my concerns were answered. He actually took the time and thought out different scenarios and I believe so far he has made the right decisions. Connie to the point is the best, you ask a question she will get back to you asap with an answer. This has been a long recovery for me, Dr. Dervin and his team have been there supporting and encouraging me. Thus far pain management has been great. He is taking the steps to ensure yes that I am properly medicated but at the same time I am gradually being encouraged to work through the pain which is slowly getting better. I highly recommend Dr Dervin, I feel very lucky that he is my surgeon.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2016