You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Geoffrey Dervin

I recently had ACL reconstruction(friday Dec 4th) and could not of asked for a better doctor! Very personable, Knowledgable and compassionate. If I ever need any other Orthopedic surgery I will definitely request Dr.Dervin. His secretary Connie is amazing and has always been more than helpful! Also the staff at Kemptville hospital where a great group of people! Cant thank them enough.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2015

Nothing but good things to say. Have had both knees replaced with excellent outcomes. Dr. Dervin is friendly and sympathetic but also business-like and efficient. Reflects confidence in himself and inspires same in patients.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2015

flag | Submitted October 7, 2015

I will always sing the praises of Dr D. After having 5 scopes, 1 ACL reconstruction, and being unable to stand for 10 mins at a time (and 43 yrs old) he agreed to give me partial Oxfords. I am now playing hockey again 3-4 times per week. I haven't felt this amazing in years. I suffered a complete hamstring avulsion recently and Dr. D. Was on it immediately. Connie is also fantastic. She has always been friendly and very helpful. I know he knows how I feel but I wanted to share my feelings with others. There are always bad and good stories about every surgeon/doctor. I have nothing but amazing things to say. DB

flag | Submitted May 27, 2015

Can't say enough about how grateful I am to have finally been heard. Dr. Dervin did a partial knee replacement in February 2015, I was back to work part time 3 weeks later. Now I'm almost 4 months post surgery, living pain free for the first time in 8 years and have people constantly commenting on my lack of limp. Feeling incredibly lucky to have been his patient!

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

Overall Dr.Dervin is knowledgeable and I have complete trust in his abilities as a surgeon however when I had my knee replaced I had one complaint. Following the surgery I had extreme pain that did not respond to the painkillers they were gave me. Dr.Dervin did not really seem to care when I asked for something to control the pain. I didn't take any narcotics painkillers prior to the surgery so don't know why what they gave me didn't work but they didn't. I had to suffer like heck and no one at the hospital including Dr.Dervin, seemed to care. Although my knee is working fine a year later, it was a traumatizing experience and I will be forever afraid of any future surgeries. Dr.Dervin's lack of response to my pain was callous considering that prior to the surgery I was reassured several times that they would control my pain. I met several patients who had brought pain killers from home with them, now I know why!

flag | Submitted May 25, 2015

I have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Dervin and his team - he has great beside manner, is very knowledgeable, pragmatic and did a great job on my full right knee replacement. Three years later - downhill skiing (blue's only), snowshoeing, and a single digit handicap - all pain free. What is not to like?

flag | Submitted March 30, 2015

Polite, considerate, great bedside manner. Fantastic and helpful secretary. From initial consult to post-surgery was all a great experience. Wonderful doctor, a gentleman and excellent surgeon. Thank you!

flag | Submitted December 18, 2014

Operated on my knee in Jan 2013, yet I saw him 4 times after the surgery and I was still complaining of the same symptoms that I had before, the answer was always ( everything is perfect, all was the work was done accordingly). Yet I still suffer and the pain is increasing, finally another MRI was done in Sept 2014 that shows my knee is very bad and I most likely need a knee replacement. I wish I was told this ahead of time and had to do one surgery once and for all. He also did a knee replacement for a friend of mine (who referred me to Dr Dervin after his first surgery and before his problems) ,a surgery which didn't go well at all because some of the parts which were replaced did not sit properly and another surgery had to be done on the same knee after almost a year, do you think he is doing any better now?. Believe me he's not, because damage s already done. This is my experience and I leave the rest to you.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2014

Dr. Dervin evaluated and suggested a surgery for a meniscus tear in my right knee. I was in a difficult position, training for Boston Marathon on April 21st, Surgery date was March 7th. Surgery was bit more complicated due to extra tear behind. After drilling four holes in my knee and fixing what had to be fixed, I had fast recovery and was able to finish the grueling 42.2 km of Boston marathon. Dr. Dervin made this miracle happened, and I will be grateful for ever.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2014

Dr. Geoffrey Dervin's Credentials

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I recently had ACL reconstruction(friday Dec 4th) and could not of asked for a better doctor! Very personable, Knowledgable and compassionate. If I ever need an..."

December 7, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Nothing but good things to say. Have had both knees replaced with excellent outcomes. Dr. Dervin is friendly and sympathetic but also business-like and efficien..."

November 25, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "had tota knee replacement 8am june 29, 2015 ,hospital staff everyone, all were superbly helpful "

October 7, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I will always sing the praises of Dr D. After having 5 scopes, 1 ACL reconstruction, and being unable to stand for 10 mins at a time (and 43 yrs old) he agree..."

May 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Can't say enough about how grateful I am to have finally been heard. Dr. Dervin did a partial knee replacement in February 2015, I was back to work part time 3 ..."

May 26, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Overall Dr.Dervin is knowledgeable and I have complete trust in his abilities as a surgeon however when I had my knee replaced I had one complaint. Following th..."

May 25, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Dervin and his team - he has great beside manner, is very knowledgeable, pragmatic and did a great job on my ful..."

March 30, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Polite, considerate, great bedside manner. Fantastic and helpful secretary. From initial consult to post-surgery was all a great experience. Wonderful doctor..."

December 18, 2014
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "Operated on my knee in Jan 2013, yet I saw him 4 times after the surgery and I was still complaining of the same symptoms that I had before, the answer was al..."

September 28, 2014