Ratings for Dr. Geoffrey Dervin

Dr Dervin's skills in fixing my shattered kneecap were only surpassed by his excellent "bedside" manner. Patient, never hurried, empathetic and a good listener, his manner before and after my surgery was just as important to my healing process as his surgical skills. His assistant Connie and his residents shared his approach. I really was very lucky to have had had this doctor for my surgery.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2016

Dr Dervin is a fantastic surgeon. Although I have had some complications he has been their trying to make sure I was getting the best possible outcome. Between him, Connie and the rest of his team they have been nothing but compassionate and caring. All of my concerns were answered. He actually took the time and thought out different scenarios and I believe so far he has made the right decisions. Connie to the point is the best, you ask a question she will get back to you asap with an answer. This has been a long recovery for me, Dr. Dervin and his team have been there supporting and encouraging me. Thus far pain management has been great. He is taking the steps to ensure yes that I am properly medicated but at the same time I am gradually being encouraged to work through the pain which is slowly getting better. I highly recommend Dr Dervin, I feel very lucky that he is my surgeon.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2016

Dr. Dervin is a very special doctor. He is considerate, knowledgable, competent and excellent in his field. He re-did my 3rd right knee replacement that had been done twice by another doctor on his staff. When I finally got to see him after 1.5 years of bothering the hospital about the two first operations he finally gave me an appointment that I had my son and daughter accompany me. With them as my witnesses, he said that he could not explain why the other doctor had messed up the first two operations but he did apologize and you could tell he really felt bad about it. But the fact was I had to get both knees redone and the new operation on the right knee was drastic. When I tried to pursue the issue he said he could not help me that he was willing to talk to me about the operation but not the fact that the other doctor did not know what to do to recti fy the situation after 2 operations. The insert went from 9mm to 13mm and finally to 16 mm in the last operation. Not to mention that the inserts that go into the bones went from 2 inches to 6 incbes. 4 knee replacements and he already appologized to us for his colleage but would not follow through and help the patient. Obviously the hospital comes first. Believe me I was not looking for thousands of dollars compensation just a little bit to know they aknowleged me and what happened to me. Dr Dervin is a fantastic doctor but when it comes to speaking against another college, he will protect the doctors reputation rathen then helping the patient resolve a wrongdoing.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2016

Good surgeon, successful surgery, scar looks good, sometimes late or rushed but it is a very busy clinic, but very knowledgable, empathetic and positive. Good except when I was in awful pain after surgery, not enough painkillers or whatever so it was a nightmare and he didn't help. That part disappointed me. I'm no wuss and I was previously okay with lots of tylenol and advil, this was bad and I just had to suffer, this is not okay. Now I'm afraid to get my other knee done.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2016

I recently had ACL reconstruction(friday Dec 4th) and could not of asked for a better doctor! Very personable, Knowledgable and compassionate. If I ever need any other Orthopedic surgery I will definitely request Dr.Dervin. His secretary Connie is amazing and has always been more than helpful! Also the staff at Kemptville hospital where a great group of people! Cant thank them enough.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2015

Nothing but good things to say. Have had both knees replaced with excellent outcomes. Dr. Dervin is friendly and sympathetic but also business-like and efficient. Reflects confidence in himself and inspires same in patients.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2015

had tota knee replacement 8am june 29, 2015 ,hospital staff everyone, all were superbly helpful

flag | Submitted October 7, 2015

I will always sing the praises of Dr D. After having 5 scopes, 1 ACL reconstruction, and being unable to stand for 10 mins at a time (and 43 yrs old) he agreed to give me partial Oxfords. I am now playing hockey again 3-4 times per week. I haven't felt this amazing in years. I suffered a complete hamstring avulsion recently and Dr. D. Was on it immediately. Connie is also fantastic. She has always been friendly and very helpful. I know he knows how I feel but I wanted to share my feelings with others. There are always bad and good stories about every surgeon/doctor. I have nothing but amazing things to say. DB

flag | Submitted May 27, 2015

Can't say enough about how grateful I am to have finally been heard. Dr. Dervin did a partial knee replacement in February 2015, I was back to work part time 3 weeks later. Now I'm almost 4 months post surgery, living pain free for the first time in 8 years and have people constantly commenting on my lack of limp. Feeling incredibly lucky to have been his patient!

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

Overall Dr.Dervin is knowledgeable and I have complete trust in his abilities as a surgeon however when I had my knee replaced I had one complaint. Following the surgery I had extreme pain that did not respond to the painkillers they were gave me. Dr.Dervin did not really seem to care when I asked for something to control the pain. I didn't take any narcotics painkillers prior to the surgery so don't know why what they gave me didn't work but they didn't. I had to suffer like heck and no one at the hospital including Dr.Dervin, seemed to care. Although my knee is working fine a year later, it was a traumatizing experience and I will be forever afraid of any future surgeries. Dr.Dervin's lack of response to my pain was callous considering that prior to the surgery I was reassured several times that they would control my pain. I met several patients who had brought pain killers from home with them, now I know why!

flag | Submitted May 25, 2015