Ratings for Dr. Geoffrey Dervin

I have seen Dr. Dervin since i was 16 years old when I needed my ACL and Meniscus repaired. I have had my ACL repaired twice now and just had my 3rd surgery on March 3, 2017 (at age 29) to have my Meniscus repaired again. He is such a kind hearted person and i would only trust him with my knee repairs. He listens to you when your explaining your knee issues and not once has he judged me or told me to stop playing sports because i have had ACL and Meniscus repairs done. Also on the day of surgery he gives you a sense or calmness because he is confident in what he does. I would only recommend Dr. Dervin and feel blessed im under his care.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

1 hour wait time. Absolutely disguisting punctuality.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

I had total knee replacement November 29, 2016 by Dr Dervin. As soon as I met Dr. Dervin I knew he was a good Dr. He was friendly and concerned with my knee problems. He explained what he would like to do to help me. After surgery, he saw me in my room and was very concerned about my condition and how I was feeling. He was also concerned on how my stay in the hospital was so far and was there anything that I needed. I need to get my other knee repaired as well and I will be getting Dr. Dervin to do it.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2016

I had my left knee replaced two years ago and the surgery and recovery went entirely according to plan. Dr Dervin laid out each step and now I walk and climb without discomfort. He answered all of my questions.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2016

Dr Dervin's skills in fixing my shattered kneecap were only surpassed by his excellent "bedside" manner. Patient, never hurried, empathetic and a good listener, his manner before and after my surgery was just as important to my healing process as his surgical skills. His assistant Connie and his residents shared his approach. I really was very lucky to have had had this doctor for my surgery.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2016

Dr Dervin is a fantastic surgeon. Although I have had some complications he has been their trying to make sure I was getting the best possible outcome. Between him, Connie and the rest of his team they have been nothing but compassionate and caring. All of my concerns were answered. He actually took the time and thought out different scenarios and I believe so far he has made the right decisions. Connie to the point is the best, you ask a question she will get back to you asap with an answer. This has been a long recovery for me, Dr. Dervin and his team have been there supporting and encouraging me. Thus far pain management has been great. He is taking the steps to ensure yes that I am properly medicated but at the same time I am gradually being encouraged to work through the pain which is slowly getting better. I highly recommend Dr Dervin, I feel very lucky that he is my surgeon.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2016

Dr. Dervin is a very special doctor. He is considerate, knowledgable, competent and excellent in his field. He re-did my 3rd right knee replacement that had been done twice by another doctor on his staff. When I finally got to see him after 1.5 years of bothering the hospital about the two first operations he finally gave me an appointment that I had my son and daughter accompany me. With them as my witnesses, he said that he could not explain why the other doctor had messed up the first two operations but he did apologize and you could tell he really felt bad about it. But the fact was I had to get both knees redone and the new operation on the right knee was drastic. When I tried to pursue the issue he said he could not help me that he was willing to talk to me about the operation but not the fact that the other doctor did not know what to do to recti fy the situation after 2 operations. The insert went from 9mm to 13mm and finally to 16 mm in the last operation. Not to mention that the inserts that go into the bones went from 2 inches to 6 incbes. 4 knee replacements and he already appologized to us for his colleage but would not follow through and help the patient. Obviously the hospital comes first. Believe me I was not looking for thousands of dollars compensation just a little bit to know they aknowleged me and what happened to me. Dr Dervin is a fantastic doctor but when it comes to speaking against another college, he will protect the doctors reputation rathen then helping the patient resolve a wrongdoing.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2016

Good surgeon, successful surgery, scar looks good, sometimes late or rushed but it is a very busy clinic, but very knowledgable, empathetic and positive. Good except when I was in awful pain after surgery, not enough painkillers or whatever so it was a nightmare and he didn't help. That part disappointed me. I'm no wuss and I was previously okay with lots of tylenol and advil, this was bad and I just had to suffer, this is not okay. Now I'm afraid to get my other knee done.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2016

I recently had ACL reconstruction(friday Dec 4th) and could not of asked for a better doctor! Very personable, Knowledgable and compassionate. If I ever need any other Orthopedic surgery I will definitely request Dr.Dervin. His secretary Connie is amazing and has always been more than helpful! Also the staff at Kemptville hospital where a great group of people! Cant thank them enough.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2015

Nothing but good things to say. Have had both knees replaced with excellent outcomes. Dr. Dervin is friendly and sympathetic but also business-like and efficient. Reflects confidence in himself and inspires same in patients.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2015