Ratings for Dr. Luna B. Beck

Had wellness appointment morning of nov. 6, 2014. Expressed concern about my blood pressure. Dr. Beck ignored me. That afternoon I was in ambulance. Had hemoragic stroke. Now paralysed and struggling to get feeling and movement in right side of body. If only she had listened. :(

flag | Submitted May 4, 2015

Found this Dr. to be very unprofessional and very expensive. Ordered unnecessary tests; some not covered by insurance. Sold supplements (not covered by insurance) with same side effects as prescription drugs (covered by insurance). Couldn't tell me how much tests/services would cost upfront. Ended up with shockingly high bills. The next step would have been more tests that would not covered by insurance. No thanks! I've had enough of this dr.!

flag | Submitted July 3, 2013

I have used her for three years and I'm very picky. She listens, responds, tells the truth, and is willing to work with me. I have unusual difficulties and she and I have researched and experimented and found real solutions, not just drugs. She is not aggressive but she won't be manipulated either. She'll prescribe drugs or try alternatives, whatever you can tolerate. Don't be put off by the signs for herbs etc on door. She's capable of handling the rough stuff too. I like her dogs (tail-wagging therapy), and she has had a recent redo of staff; fewer communication problems.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2011

I believe Dr. Beck only practices for the money. She is not a people person, and doesn't seem concerned about her patients at all. She is very rude; when I asked her a question regarding her treatment, she proceeded to tell me she was the doctor not I. I can do what she says or go find another doctor to go to. With pleasure!

flag | Submitted February 2, 2011

Dr. Beck is too busy selling over priced vitamins. Perhaps, she should spend more time treating patients. I was told, by the Dr. herself, that I should question anything I did not understand. When I did she repremanded me, saying she was the doctor and I should not question her. The problem was a Medicare payment for a procedure that she NEVER preformed. After that I contacted Medicare and told them they were billed,(in error?) for a procedure I never had. The staff is the unprofessional and rude. It took 4 phone calls, and one letter to obtain copies of tests that I needed for a specialist. (not the one the Dr. recommended) I received a letter from the Dr. office, my name was not on it. It was addressed to MA"AM. saying that they were sending back the payment to Medicare. They made it seem like they caught it and not me or Medicare. If they do this to every patient they have made a lot of money illegally.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2011

Rude!!! Has dogs in her office and can you imagine how awful that is for those of us who have allergies. She does not have people skills; cannot understand why she practices medicine. Why do patients continue to patronize her practice? She is always changing personnel; perhaps they have good reason to leave! Is it legal in the state of Florida to have dogs in a clinic?

flag | Submitted July 19, 2009

Dr. Beck is an egotist with emotional problems. After diagnosing that my aunt had kidney cancer which was inoperable, Dr. Beck told me to take her home and she would have Hospice contact us. No other options were offered. I sought a second opinion from an oncologist and learned of a less invasive procedure to burn off the tumor, which my aunt agreed to. At our next appointment with Dr. Beck, she was furious. As I tried to explain that there was good news, Dr. Beck rose out of her chair, pointed her finger at me and hissed, "YOU SHUT UP!" And then she lied... she said "You chose not to pursue any treatment for the tumor." My aunt and I were both stunned at her unprofessional behavior and her lie. She had not given us any other option than Hospice. She then said, "I take good care of my patients and YOU CAN JUST GET OUT OF MY OFFICE!" Believe me, we were happy to leave and get another primary doctor.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2009

Neglected to follow-up in an emergency situation which resulted in near death medical condition. Then did not even BOTHER to call or check up on the condition of her patient. She suggested we simply call 911! and not bother her.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2008