Ratings for Dr. J.T. Kelsall

Dr Kelsall is very very helpful in specific and personal to my needs... help when I need it....gave me supporting suggestions appropriate to my challenge. His staff were very helpful I live on the Sunshine Coast and the travel down (which is challenging for me) was more than well worth it!!!

flag | Submitted September 11, 2017

Dr Kelsall helped fix a painful nodule in my finger. He is literally one of the most charming doctors I have ever encountered and we are blessed to have him in Vancouver. He also surrounds himself with staff who are just as pleasant as he is. Smart man!

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

He is kind and respect and explains all to me now find a treatment that will suit me need good arthritis go to him

flag | Submitted August 28, 2017

I had really high hopes for Dr Kelsall. I was sorely disappointed as I left my second appointment in tears, feeling totally disrespected. My first appointment went great - we did the schirmers test and the saliva test, both showed dryness but not severe enough for a Sjögren's diagnosis. The dr and his assistant were kind and friendly. Dr kelsall asked if I had celiac, to which I replied no doctor tested me while I was eating gluten. He asked if I could eat it for a month, to which i replied that it makes me so sick, I wouldn't be able to function for an entire month. He countered, asking if I could eat it for 3 days. I agreed. Got all the blood testing done and went back for my second appointment. His assistant asked if I had any additional symptoms, but she didn't even let me finish explaining everything. I had to cut her off to list off more. Finally dr kelsall comes in and says I don't have Sjögren's, he doesn't mention any other possibilities like lupus, and dismissed a positive test result as being normal on a bell curve. He says I don't have celiac. I find out later that telling a patient to eat it for just 3 days will not show anything on a test. It was pointless torture he put me through for what reason, I don't know. Then he tells me I'm just depressed and I need more exercise. The last time a doctor said I was "just depressed", I was in hospital 2 weeks later diagnosed with ulcerative colitis. I ask about my seizures and he says that's not his specialty, and was really dismissive. I begin to cry, and he says "oh I hate making women cry", then says he has to go, but I'm welcome to come back if more symptoms develop. I felt utterly dismissed and disrespected. Even if I don't have an illness that he handles, some empathy and compassion would have gone a long way. I'm thankful I was recommended to see a general internist for a holistic approach from someone else. It would have made a huge difference if Dr Kelsall didn't just dismiss me as being depressed, when I have far reaching symptoms that are clearly more serious than depression.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2017

Dr. Kelsall is an excellent dr he has cured my problem with breast lumps which breast specialists couldn't do! I suffered from multiple lumps in my breast and had lumpectomy but the breast specialist said she couldn't do anything more for me so my family doctor referred me to dr. Kelsall and he made my problem go away. Best doctor ever!!!

flag | Submitted April 24, 2017

Seems very knowledgeable and helpful when dealing with perplexing problems.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2016

Amazing doctor!! Wish every doctor is like Dr. Kelsall. He is knowledgeable, kind, caring, respectful, and takes time to explain and address any concerns. We are lucky and thankful to have a doctor like him!

flag | Submitted June 8, 2016

After years without answers, my body and spirit were so battered that when I ended up in hospital in isolation for 10 days I was only glad of the rest. My confusing and severely painful symptoms left me beyond desperate. I had almost given up all hope. Dr. Kelsall was the first Dr to provide a diagnosis for my rare disease. He quite literally saved my life and started treatment that gave me hope and my mobility back. I was only 37 years old. Dr Kelsall spent time with me and did much investigation and research - he worked very hard to help me. He is very professional yet his compassion shines through! He is a superior doctor - the very best!

flag | Submitted May 11, 2016

This doc knows how to communicate with people. He was on time, gave me plenty of time and gave me useful information that really helped me out!!

flag | Submitted March 1, 2016

Dr. Kelsall has improved the quality of my life dramatically in the last few years. More importantly, he has listened well to me and responded promptly to all of my questions and concerns. He has displayed genuine concern for my health and well-being. I am grateful to be in his care.

flag | Submitted February 29, 2016