Ratings for Dr. Ramzi Abunassar

I was referred to Dr. Abunassar on liver related issues and had a very positive, helpful experience in my appointment with him. The office was clean and efficient and the appointment was on time. Dr. Abunassar listened attentively to all information I was able to provide, including detailed test results from previous physicians, and he made me feel at ease in discussing my case in depth. He dealt with each issue thoroughly and did not rush the appointment. He was very informative and clear on his explanations and quickly focussed on key test results, their meaning, and providing me with useful, logical recommendations for follow up. I would recommend him highly as a professional, knowledgeable expert in his field.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2015

I've been in to see Dr.Abunassar and he was very helpful and knowledgeable. The new secretary is great, so much better than the last one. About the secretaries not answering the phones, they are unable to answer when they are busy with patients. I've seen that fir myself everytime i go in. As far as I know they always return my calls. Keep in mind there is only 1 secretary so give them a break if they can't answer. I don't believe they will never return call some ppl exaggerates too much. Be nice to your doctors and their helpers BC its not easy for them to deal with ppl like u

flag | Submitted August 27, 2015

Dr. Abunassar is good at explaining things, but a terrible listener with a bad habit of talking over you. By the end of my first appointment, he offered no real advice other than to say "you'll be fine". Unfortunately that's not the case.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2015

I was scared to have the endoscopy and he was reassuring and kind.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015

1- dr lost my file and my results 2- secretary rarely picks up phone 3- secretary never returns messages 4- dr does not care about checking patient, all what he cares is what the GP was referring to 5- dr prefers booking colonoscopy or endoscopy rather than listening to patient 6- dr did not even say good bye after he left me If only hippocrate sees what dr are doing today!

flag | Submitted February 26, 2015

I had my colonoscopy with Dr.A at the beginning of August, he diagnosed me with an IBD after the procedure was done he gave me no meds, no info, nothing just said well you have this. He looked in a hurry that day but I was the last patient he had. HIs secretary is awful, doesn't answer the phone, rude, not knowledgeable about anything im surprised he still has her. Just to add salt to the wound, my follow-up was schedule for a month after the colonoscopy to review the biopsy results, it has been 2 months and still no follow-up, which means he doesn't really care about his patients. Knowledgeable and very polite doctor yes, but he's lacking time efficiency!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted September 14, 2014

I agree with some of the written statements that his receptionist is not only rude and unprofessional but dictatorial. Dr. A. was very pleasant and gracious but he did not explain the endoscopic procedure and no follow-up was scheduled. The nurses did not give me instructions on what I needed to do with diet , medications etc. following the procedure and the outcome. Very disappointing given I am an RN and would have expected that.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2012

I had my 1st experience with Dr. Abunassar last week and it was the worst experience I have ever had. Based on previous comments, it could have been a base day or his secretary is rubbing off on him. I waited a total of 4 months to get in to see him only to have him ignore the information he already received from my GP and try to send me for test I already had. When I pointed this out to him then his focus was getting me booked IMMEDIATELY for an upper endoscopy which would cost me $60 through a private clinc. Everyone in his office that morning was being booked for a test through this clinic and the focus was on how they had to pay for this test 1st. I left there feeling like this was a dirty and sleezy organization and I do not feel that our Health Care should be lowered to that standard.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2012

The receptionist was not polite. The doctor talked about patient's situation with the receptionist in front of others who were siting in the waiting room.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2011

Doctor is great. He is thorough and spends time to listen to your concerns. Although I have not had the procedure as yet, I feel confident going for the procedure. The receptionist could have been more professional and less defensive.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2011