Ratings for Dr. J.C. Bouwer

I'm new to fort McMurray and my prescription was empty so I had to renew it but my general pract. In edmonton was on vacation so I couldn't get my prescription written and sent up here. I booked an appointment to see dr.bouwer to write my prescription as I need to take it everyday and I was out. I deal with severe anxiety and other mental illnesses and went in hopes of dealing with a professional who I could trust and instead left in tears feeling like there was something wrong with me. He came in didn't introduce himself or nothing. Fine. Then asked what's wrong with me. And why I'm dealing with what I am. To which I told him I have no control over my mind/chemicals in my brain. He then let out a deep breath wrote me a prescription and proceeded to tell me that he wouldn't be my practitioner because he doesn't like to share. He treated me as if I was some drug fiend just looking for a prescription. I told him he could pull up my medical history and I gave him my doctors office from edmontons phone number to answer any questions to which he completely dismissed. Not only did he make me feel like there was something wrong with me but he was moody, rude, abrupt and 10/10 would not record to even my worse enemy.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2017

Dr. Bouwer has been my doctor for 14 years now and I wouldn't pick any other doctor to go to! He is straight and to the point which is what I like, I am never long waiting to get an appointment. He's helped me in many ways! I am forever thankful for what he's done for me and my family. He's always greeted me with a smile and has a good sense of humour. His ladies at the desk are always helpful as well.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2017

Worst doctor ever absolute idiot should go back to South Africa hes very unprofessional

flag | Submitted September 7, 2017

Sadly the only doctor I don't feel comfortable talking to

flag | Submitted September 5, 2017

Always on time and respects patients time. Answers all my questions and is direct with his responses. The reception staff is friendly and always answer the phone.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2017

No bedside manners what so ever. If you want to see someone as quickly as possible for a prescription, I guess he would be your guy. I've experienced more care, concern and good natured conversation from a hurried walk in clinic doctor. If you want someone to talk to you and treat you like a person, not an illness or issue, I strongly encourage you to seek out someone else.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2017

The staff is dummy , how many times you need to spell your name & lastname. Lack of knowlegde. Been waiting a long time. The worst one they cant even share the washroon to the patients. All the family doctors have thier own washroom, but them Is only for the staff! Unreal 😡 The doctor always in a rush he cant even talk to you, he left you in the room & going to another patient. Now i do understand why there is lots of negative comments. It shows how they treat people.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2017

I agree strongly this physician has no bed-side manners. He gives very little, to no eye contact, as he is to busy looking at his computer screen. He is very moody and makes you feel uneasy as though he's in a rush. No time time for small talk, get to the point and only have one point per visit. This is very frustrating, especialy if you have kids. As a female I do not feel comfortable sharing my concers with this Doctor. No smiles no compasion. Should be in a different job field.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

Does not take any time to diagnose. Gets irritated when you describe the symptoms. Does not ask any follow-up questions. Rely solely on lab diagnosis or specialist feedback for diagnosis. Moody and you always leave you with a feeling that you are wasting his time. In short terrible people and diagnostic skills. Should not be allowed to practice medicine.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2017

One of the most abrupt and rudest persons I have ever met, and to have him as a Canadian Health Care Professional is a joke. Does not value patients time, thoughts or history of family. To be told not to come back because of his long wait times is crazy to hear. To top it off he starts to tell me about other patients' issues. Do not waste your time going to see Dr Google.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2017