Ratings for Dr. Graeme Brazenor

This man changed, maybe saved, my life. I suffered a workplace accident that caused damage to my spine. I was recommended for surgery by the hospital and Mr Brazenor wouldn't do it. Said it was unlikely to be successful and could be dangerous. Rest, exercise when I was ready. Regular review. There was some concern that I might not be able to run again. It's 20 years later and I'm back playing cricket and keeping fit. I owe this man a great deal and many thanks.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2018

I SAW HIM THREE TIMES NOTHING CHANGED IN MY BACK STILL IN PAIN DON'T RECOMMEND HIM FOR ANYONE....

flag | Submitted December 12, 2017

To all those people saying that Mr.Brazenor openly despises anyone on workcover is a load of nonsense!!!! I was reluctant to see any doctor about my injury as i thought is was related to an injury much earlier in my life. When i initially saw Mr.Brazenor, i too got the conservative approach.He did however inform Workcover that my injury was NOT related to previous injury in my youth. Did my best to follow instruction, but after some time had to go back and see him. After the usual Workcover process ( read long, drawn out process ) my surgery was approved. Obviously the man that some of you people have seen was not the man that treated me. He was exactly what i hoped a neurosurgeon would be. Professional, caring and bloody good at what he does. Some might consider his methods somewhat antiquated, but in this age of operate and ask questions later, Mr Brazenor is exactly the right man to see. Some people have said that they find him arrogant, rude and totally against them. Well to them i say, you get what you give. I am of the opinion that he doesn't tolerate those trying to take advantage, no matter what form that takes. I understand that everyone has a different experience, and, that i can only speak of my own. To that end, my opinion of Mr. Brazenor could not be any higher.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2017

Absolutely delighted with consult. Graeme was extremely pleasant, knowledgeable and gave me excellent advice in regard to necessary changes to my lifestyle which will hopefully reduce pain. I am comfortable to be in his hands for future management of my spinal issues.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2017

Have nothing but respect and admiration for Mr. Brazenor. Commitment is a two way street. If you commit to do the best for yourself, then he will be with you 100%. Never found him to be anything other than professional, courteous and helpful. i have had a triple level fusion, so i can talk from experience. Ever noticed how people treat you? You get what you give. If you want soft and cuddly, look elsewhere. Me, i want a surgeon who tells it like it is. If i had my time over, i would still, without hesitation, put my faith ( and spine ) in Mr. Brazenor. by A.MacDonald

flag | Submitted September 11, 2017

Not sure what to say really? Just that I'm so, so disappointed. When you come to someone for help as a somewhat last resort, due to trying everything else possible to help with my really bad sciatica pain, and to be treated and looked down upon is very disheartening. Reading these reviews I guess makes me feel better, as I now know I had a valid reason to why i had cancelled my next appointment. One appointment was enough for me!

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

I gave to dr Brazenor (2 years ago) for testing the exercise with two long sticks.Exercise is in standing position.Who from his patients did it?Answer please.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2017

There is no inspection on doctors in Australia, or if there is it's very weak. It would be the best if you could avoid him, because he works against patient. I do not know about hes knowledge but he just uses walk, it's nothing, take tablets and he lies a lot. He wanted to send me for another opinion to hes friend Gavin Davis and adviced me that he will call him and tell him to write down that there is nothing in there, he even make me app with this Dr and I refused it. He said "When I put my signature on it, it will be nothing in there"!!! He was right. He sends letter to my G.P. and i saw that, states "If we don't see it, no one will". My G.P. said that if he does something about it Dr Brazenor will found the way to shut down his office. What ever was to be seen, at the court was not relevant.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017

I had Spinal surgery by this doctor , which went ok , had problems later on and he virtually just kicked me out of his office , completley disowned me like i was never his patient , he breached the privacy act by sharing information with my employer and he cost me my job , yes it me graeme Paul Kendrick and i aint finished with you yet

flag | Submitted December 28, 2016

5 years later, my back is the least of my worries! I woke up from my complex surgery asking what heavy drugs I must have been on for the pain was GONE. It was vitamins and some Panadol. Graeme was amazing!! I credit my pain free life from him. His arrogance is apparent, but I love that about him. How dare you ask him the worst case scenario, he only deals with actuals. He backs himself and he has strong rules. He tests you out on the initial appointment to see if you will actually follow his reccomendations. The rehab from the fusion is intense and needs commitment, so weight loss and walking is important. I am angered reading the other comments here. This guy is god to me. Thanks Graeme - Julie McManamny

flag | Submitted November 23, 2016