Ratings for Dr. Walter R. Grote

I went to Groat once and I would not now go to him now if he were the last md on Earth. He was completely un caring about my pain and rude, must have gotten him on a bad day. He was seeing patients that came into his office after me, when I asked him about it he stated that it was because of my insurance.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2017

Very knowledgable and experienced. Although he often falls behind this is because unlike most doctors he spends time with his patients to learn all he can about them and their symptoms. If you're looking for a doctor who will pay attention to you, your past and help you in your future this is the doctor to see.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2016

Dr. Grote was covering for my normal doctor in Sparta. Went in with a routine UTI. I have a history of complicated UTI's including and leading to kidney infections since being diagnosed with reflux at age five. I informed Dr. Grote of this and also had is had a drug allergy and a poor reaction to the standard UTI treatment drugs. Since my kidney infection I have always been placed on Leviqion or cipro. These work best on my body. He told me he would not prescribe these drugs due to side effects. Three days in the amoxicillin he placed me on wasn't working. Pain was radiating to my back and my symptoms were getting worse. Signs of the infection moving to the kidneys. Instead of switching my medication he told me I would have to wait an undetermined amount of time for the culture to come back. (This is two days before Thanksgiving when I'm supposed to travel out of state.) Not impressed. Had to make an appointment to go back to my regular doctor. Find someone else to see!

flag | Submitted November 26, 2013

Dr. Grote is extremely thorough, caring and intelligent. If you present your symptoms to him correctly, you will get a positive result. He has treated me for back injury, ruptured appendicts, asthma, allergies, heart concerns, menengitis and generally just flat out sick. I have not one complain about this wonderful physician. However, I do agree, his office staff is downright awful!

flag | Submitted January 3, 2011

As an RN, I can assure you Dr. Grote is a caring,competent, very intelligent physician.How dare one of the reviewers mention his receptionists eyebrows! Worry about yourself. Dr. Grote is able to do several procedures in his office without the pt incurring "specialists " charges. He cares and listens to the pt.Dr. Grote is an excellent diagnostition. I would and have trusted him with my life. We moved out of state and the only service I miss, is his medical care. So, I would strongly advise you go to see this doc. You will not be disappointed and you will recieve impecable care, which will result in good/better health. God Bless you Grote

flag | Submitted August 31, 2010

Dr. Grote has been my doctor for almost 15 years and has treated me successfully for a number of different conditions including prolotherapy for a weight lifting injury. When he is not in the office, his other doctors have also done well by me in a pinch. And the nurses have also been quite helpful. I think it is an excellent practice.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2010

As a lifelong athlete, I needed a Dr. who understood the athlete's mind and drive remain active. I also needed someone who paid attention to what his patients were saying. I found both in Dr. Grote. I have lived with a chronically weak knee from an injury in my teens. Now in my 40's, Dr. Grote has stabilized my knee and helped me avoid ACL surgery.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2009

My experience with the doctor and his office was not a happy one. After 2 months of tests and supposed diagnoses, promises to give prescriptions and references, all I got was a pat on a shoulder and an advise to lose 10 lbs and come back then. Also doctor advised to eat less red meat and than said I have anemia and need iron supplement. No solution to my condition was offered, was no attention to my symptoms, test results were never shown to me, and I do not feel any better. The staff is very inefficient and slobby. There is this lady in the reception, I just wanted to give her a pair of tweezers so bad her eybrows looked. Not only she chose not to apply makeup but also not to wash her face after she got out of bed. Nor they are friendly or polite. I have been a patient for 7 years but when I needed real help I did not get any. Waste of time and money. Plus I have to start looking for a new physician.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2009

Very thorough. This Doctor does it all. Blood tests,ekg,pap test, prolotherapy, etc.. You name he does it. The only thing he doesn't do are Mammograms and Bone density tests. He's great and I trust him.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2008

flag | Submitted March 19, 2008

Dr. Walter R. Grote's Credentials

• University Of Health Sciences/Chicago Medical School (Grad. 1979)