Ratings for Dr. Joshua D. Beck

I had the c5 and c6 removed and replaced 5 years ago. I am 56 years old and compete regularly in powerlifting meets. I currently have set several state records in the last year. I highly recommend Dr. Beck .

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

He did a rescue back surgery on me after a first micro-discectomy surgery by another doctor failed (my fault). I was in severe pain. He did a micro-discectomy and left a small piece of disc in place. At my 6 wk follow up I told him I was having pain. He said it wasn't his problem he was done with me. Had to go to Salt Lake for another surgery with an other to follow. Can't say I recommend Beck. I recommend a neurosurgeon for back surgery, NOT an orthopedic doctor.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2014

Over the years I've needed a good orthopedic surgeon on several occasions. I don't need a doctor to hold my hand or tell me about their family or fishing trip! I want a doctor that is knowledgeable and has the expertise and experience to help me. I found Dr. Beck and his staff met these needs. The surgery went as expected and the follow-up has been excellent. For me, Dr. Beck was the right person to operate on my back. I hope I never need his services again, BUT if I did, I would not hesitate to call him.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2014

Very arrogant approach. I reach out to him while on vacation after seeing him for my sever back pain. No response. Left many messages, talked to his assistant, no help. They left me in excruciating pain for the whole week of my vacation. Then on my way back I contacted him again. One more time I left messages about my severe pain and need for relieve. NO RESPONSE AT ALL, HOW IGNORANT IS THIS? Very unprofessional.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2012

I was very satisfied with Dr. Beck, who performed my L4-L5 back surgery.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2011

Dr. Beck recommended surgery that I found out too late was explicitly contraindicated by the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons. He told me that I would be able to travel 5 days after the surgery with no problems. I was in terrible pain and left messages on his home phone and with his office staff at two locations, trying to find out from him what I should do. There was no response from him. When I returned and was able to see him, he told me, "I don't do pain."

Submitted December 26, 2010

I WOKE UP FROM NECK SURGERY IN WORSE SHAPE THAN BEFORE THE SURGERY, WAS TREATED COLDLY, WITH ARROGANCE AND DENIAL OF ANY PROBLEM.

Submitted December 23, 2010

Felt well cared for and listened to...and his recommended treatment worked!

flag | Submitted July 16, 2008

Very professional and kind. Has an East Coast manner of brusque efficiency, but is compassionate as well. Shares his sense of humor. Is well-trained and exhibits great skill in and out of the operating room.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2007

I broke my femur skiing in January, Joshua Beck was my Orthopaedic Surgeon for the rodding of my femur. After waking from anesthesia I questioned why the foot of my rodded femur pointed severely inward. Repeated questioning of this issue was met with a reply of "It may be slightly internally rotated but nothing to worry about". When I started to walk it became a significant issue, and after a follow up with Dr. Neal & Dr. Forbes, both estimating a 30 degree malrotation, I followed up with Dr. Beck, who estimated the malrotation to be 15 degrees, and when asked to fix it at his cost, he stated "Josh, there is no excuse for stupidity, you're the one who hit the tree". A CT rotational comparison was obtained, showing a 44.1 degree internal rotation of the rodded femur which was derotated by Dr. Neal and Dr. Forbes. I also had an avulsion of my fibular head which Dr. Beck ignored for 6 weeks, at which time an attempted repair by Dr. Peter Rork was performed and subsequently failed.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2007

Dr. Joshua D. Beck's Credentials

• Umdnj-New Jersey Medical School (Grad. 2000)

HIP