Dr. Kenneth A. Martin

Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Kenneth A. Martin

Dr Martin is great. He did a partial on my right knee when every other surgeon in little rock said they wouldn't touch me. They rather me suffer in pain and not have a life with my children. His staff was always upfront with me. When it is time for my full knee replacement I will use Dr. MARTIN

flag | Submitted March 26, 2017

Oh WOW, I am reading some of these comments and I am Shocked, To me it just didn't seem like they were talking about Dr. Martin or his staff. I guess staff has changed since I been there and headed back for another Total Knee replacement, Dr. Martin, staff and ASH was great. I highly recommend his services . In fact several people I have referred to him were pleased. I appreciate his caring, spiritual attitude and especially the attitude of the people that work with and around him both at his office and ASH. I Also was given info and explained what was to be done, before and after.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2016

Provided no information on a surgery procedure that was done without my knowledge. Then staff got mad when I researched myself. Staff was totally unhelpful. Brace was provided by someone who sells braces for a medical supply company and did not know his product or how it should fit. Told me the MRI said 1 thing only to find out that the MRI did not say that when I got a copy. Staff totally uncaring. Had to request therapy protocol after PT's calls went unanswered. Would not send prescription for therapy without my phone call, then wouldn't send without my providing fax number. Provided fax number and a week later still hadn't sent it. Waited an 1 1/2 hours for an appointment. Think twice before going here.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2016

Ark. Surgical Hospital is -- pardon the pun -- a cut above. EVERY staffer, on EVERY shift, EVERY day seemed happy to be there, and to help the patient. The whole system is designed to serve the patient. I can't say enough good about Dr. Martin or ASH.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

Dr. Martin is a good surgeon, but he doesn't do anything different than several other physicians in the state can do with their training. I used Dr. Kelly in Russellville for my left knee replacement. My right was done in Little Rock by Dr. Martin. Same good result, no difference in care, and LESS expensive surgical fee. ASH is a very nice place, but the care I received in Russellville was very good.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2014

I have been a nurse for 25 years. In 2007 I had a total knee replacement by Dr Ken Martin. Everything went great until I had a hematoma in my surgical site a week later. Dr Martin was very attentive and readmitted me to ASH in the late evening staying with me until my pain was under control. I have a fully functioning knee now with minimal scarring. He did a fantastic job. I could not have asked for better care. Can say the thought of anyone else doing any future knee surgery scares me.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2011

I don't have a problem with Dr. Martin himself. My problem is that you have to go through a guy named Graeme whenever you need something. Trying to get a simple "Back to Work" release on Dr. Martins' letter head is very difficult. Dr. Martin needs to take a look at his staff and take a more active role in his patients care after surgery.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2011

Office staff rude, waiting room small and cramps, waiting time 3-5 hours before you see the Dr. Martin. You don't get to see Dr. Martin you get to see a nurse, a practitioner, or a family practice doctor before he swoops in for a minute. Oh, and did I mention the graft failed. Disliked Dr. Martin before it failed, now yes I dislike him! And he is a money hound, squeezing every penny that insurance doesn't pay. Not bitter, things fail, just why is he so inattentive

flag | Submitted September 18, 2009

An outstanding orthopedic surgeon. He did an ACL reconstruction on my left knee. He is the ONLY doctor EVER to call me the afternoon of my surgery from his cell phone, just to check on me. Absolutely wonderful man and physician. I highly recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2009

I am a physician who saw Dr. Martin many years ago for a rare condition involving the knee. He gave me topnotch care and was very up to date on new rehabilitation techniques. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2008

Dr. Kenneth A. Martin's Credentials

• University Of Arkansas College Of Medicine (Grad. 1978)

GHI