Ratings for Dr. Vahid Sahiholnasab

I am so very fortunate that Dr. Sahiholnasab was called into consult with me when I ended up at Richmond General in hypertensive crisis. Having never been sick like that and being pretty terrified, his kind and gentle manner made a world of difference to me. It is obvious he cares and he spends the time to talk with you. I greatly appreciated that he didn't scare me and yet was informative and ordered a series of tests to try and find the cause. The most amazing thing is that his care for me didn't just stop after I was discharged and on my way home. Some tests were done as an outpatient and were to be sent to my GP, who just happened to work at a clinic. After a couple of weeks past and I was still feeling sick I became worried so I called the doctors office to check on my tests. I was told my doctor was no longer with the clinic and that they didn't have any tests for me. The reception was not helpful at all and just told me to try again next week. I didn't know what to do, and although Dr S was not actually my doctor I sent him an email. I knew he was an extremely busy doctor as I had seen him in action at Richmond hospital so I was thinking there was a good chance he would be too busy to get to my email for a while, which wold hAve been completely understandable. I was so pleasantly suprised when he literally replied almost immediately, remembered me and told me not to worry. He promised to check on my tests when he was back at the hospital the next day. He did just that, but even more... All of the results were quickly gathered and he then took the time to go through them with me over the phone. Which was something the regular doctor's office was supposed to do but I couldn't get beyond the receptionists. He followed up with me and then also adjusted my medication, phoning a prescription into the pharmacy. As the tests did indeed come back with abnormalities I was going to need some referrals to different specialists. He literally did up the letters right away, faxed them to the different offices and sent me copies. Then he asked me about my GP and I told him he was no longer at the clinic (the clinic is very uptight about accepting patients into their family practice) He told me that with so many doctors appointments needed I really needed a family doctor and offered to call them. I am speechless that such a busy doctor would make the time to go out of his way like this. Within minutes I had a new doctor. Dr. S is an amazing doctor! There are not enough stars available to rate him! He makes it clear that he is there for you and he truly means it.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2016

All of my experiences with Dr. Vahid have been very exceptional. Every time I visit with this doctor I feel as if I'm in good hands and very comfortable Very impressed with his knowledge, A+ doctor

flag | Submitted March 2, 2016

Dr. Vahid is an excellent doctor. I've had a condition for over 8 years. I was seeing Dr. Sahih for an unrelated reason. In conversation, I asked him for his opinion on my condition which I had seen other doctors and even specialists about. I explained my history . Dr.Sahih took the time to listen and suggested a medication to try. I am now totally symptom free. I've endured discomfort because of this condition for years. He is open minded, and Attentive. He is an excellent doctor. He takes his time and really listens. He is very kind. Dr.Sahih made himself extremely accessible to me. I am fortunate that I had the opportunity to see him. He is a first class doctor

flag | Submitted March 2, 2016

Dr. S. was called in to consult on my very ill elderly mother. He was there shortly after my mom's GP Informed me he had consulted with Dr. S. My mom's nurse spoke very highly of him. When he arrived, he introduced himself, he was professional, kind and courteous and not in a hurry to go anywhere. He sat with me to obtain my mom's social history, he examined her and reviewed her chart, X-rays and lab results. Then he showed me X-rays and shared his findings explaining the diagnosis and prognosis. He was so gentle, honest, kind and compassionate as he told me he felt my mom's days were numbered. He was empathetic and allowed me to participate in choices for her end of life care. It was so comforting to myself and the family to know that there was nothing hidden from us in my mom's care. Sadly she slipped away peacefully a couple of hours later. I have had several negative hospital experiences with my elderly parents in the last few years but this was truly a positive one, thank you Dr. S.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

My husband and I were in Canada on vacation and had an emergency medical event. Dr. S. was provided excellent care, expert knowledge and was patient, caring and understanding. He worked with us tirelessly. We felt that my husband was in very good hands. We would recommend him highly to anyone that asked. We are very grateful that he was the doctor that dealt with us.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2014

I went to Richmond ER, with heart attack symptoms. I was treated as if I were, the blood work came back negative and the x-rays came back okay. Dr. S said he would like further tests done as these do not show everything. I ended up staying 4 nights as more tests were ordered. Dr. S discovered I had Pericarditis and he suspected Costrochondritis as well. Being very sensitive to medications, he was very careful in what was administered and listened to my concerns in regards to the medications. Dr. Sahiholnasab is very kind and caring, and makes sure that the patient gets the answers they need. I have to say an extra thank-you for taking my auto-immune disease into consideration as the cause of my illness and for referring me to a specialist. I look forward to our next visit whether it be by phone, e-mail or person. Thank-you Dr. S

flag | Submitted August 26, 2013

My father flew out to BC from Ontario, and had both a seizure and a heart attack on the plane. He was admitted into the Richmond hospital for a week and was under the care of Dr. S. from his emergency room arrival through to his discharge. It was a very scary and trying time for us, and Dr. S. was incredibly empathetic and caring through all the stages of dad's recovery. I have had many experiences throughout most hospitals on the mainland, though I must say no other Doctor has made such an impact on me like he has. He called me every morning to give me dad's update before I arrived at the hospital which put my mind at ease and prepared me for what I would witness when I walked through the hospital door each day. Thankfully Dr. S. is still in contact with me as I prepare for dad to return home from BC. I thank you for caring for not only dad through this traumatic experience, though through mine as well.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2013

I went into ER in the midst of a heart attack, and absolutely lucked out by having Dr. S as my internist. While surrounded by competent staff, Dr. S stickhandled my situation and got me through this event. Here is what is most important (aside from my survival, I suppose!) I know that the ER can be a very busy place and doctors are often stretched to the max. Despite this, however, whenever Dr. S met with me he made me feel as though I was the only patient in the building. His compassion, articulate explanations, and genuine care and concern cannot be overstated. He always left me with a feeling of security and peace. He was realistic when explaining procedures and risks, for sure, but never left me feeling uneasy. Although I realize I was in a tight spot, I always felt I was in good hands. Hopefully you will not find yourself in a similar situation as I found myself in, but if you do, Dr. S is the guy you want looking after you. Thank you Vahid. I will be forever grateful.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2013

Dr. Vahid is a life saver ! My mother in-law was visiting us few weeks back and she was admitted to the peace arch hospital emergency room on the 29th September. Dr. Vahid not only understood her conditions completely but he was very thoughtful about the overall situation. He was so caring and considerate about the financial situation as well. He even made it a point to come and visit the patient on his off day just to make sure things are in order. Also even after my mother in-law got discharged from the hospital a week ago, Dr. Vahid is still in touch with me (through phone calls and emails)regularly checking her condition and providing recommendations. These are just few things that he did to help us out and I just wanted to say Dr. Vahid is the best doctor I have ever met in my life ! Thank you So much !

flag | Submitted October 11, 2012

Really helped my mother when several others could not be bothered to listen to her.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2010

Dr. Vahid Sahiholnasab's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am so very fortunate that Dr. Sahiholnasab was called into consult with me when I ended up at Richmond General in hypertensive crisis. Having never been sick ..."

May 13, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "All of my experiences with Dr. Vahid have been very exceptional. Every time I visit with this doctor I feel as if I'm in good hands and very comfortable Very ..."

March 2, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Vahid is an excellent doctor. I've had a condition for over 8 years. I was seeing Dr. Sahih for an unrelated reason. In conversation, I asked him for his..."

March 2, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. S. was called in to consult on my very ill elderly mother. He was there shortly after my mom's GP Informed me he had consulted with Dr. S. My mom's nurse ..."

November 18, 2014
  • Specialty changed from "Geriatrician" to "Internist", City changed from "Medicine Hat" to "Vancouver", State changed from "AB" to "BC"

February 7, 2012