Ratings for Dr. Michael Bushuk

Had total knee replacement in 2012- all is good. Saw him again recently for a hip problem

flag | Submitted October 10, 2017

I recently had a total knee replacement by Dr. Bushuk. He did not push the surgical option but it was obvious that I needed the knee surgery. The outcome could not be better. Not only is my knee very stable and pain free, but my foot no longer swells and the back pain I suffered for decades is now gone. I can walk unassisted again for the first time in a few years and enjoy doing things I have been unable to do for a long time. Dr. Bushuk is very knowledgable and caring. He gives excellent advice both before and after surgery and those who listen and follow his advice will have excellent results, as I did. Dr. Bushuk is very pleasant and down to earth. He tells it like it is which I very much appreciate. Thank you Dr. Bushuk.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2017

Fantastic surgeon. So lucky to have been refered to him

flag | Submitted September 19, 2017

I saw him twice, last time over a year ago. Gave me an injection that really helped with my knee and suggested Durolane injections in both knees. I said I would think about it because I was very put off by his rudely telling me I was fat. Did not show any compassion or civil bedside manners.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2017

Dr. Michael Bushuk is an amazing surgeon. He is direct, professional, honest and caring. I have had both hips replaced since July 2016 and have had no problems. I walk normally and friends and family cannot believe how quickly I recovered. He follows up with regular appointments to make sure everything is alright. During those appointments I have talked to many people who had had replacements done by other surgeons and were still having problems. All of them wishing they had met Dr. Bushuk sooner. It i s wonderful to be pain free and know that your surgeon cares. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to Queen Elizabeth.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2017

Doctor Bushuk has given me a new lease on life!! In the midst of recovering from total hip replacement surgery (by another doctor), my knee has given out - not surprising; it's been arthritic for over 20 years. The MRI would signal a knee replacement but, due to my age (64) and other factors, he'd like to hold off. So the treatment was cortisone - behind the knee and in the epicentre of the hip pain from bursitis. I'm doing really well! I can walk without my cane (although I use it for long distance), and I'm more or less pain free!!! I had a six-week checkup with him today and all is well. I know the cortisone is temporary but it's definitely working for me. As a surgeon, he could have simply said "let's go" with the surgery, but he wants to wait - because he believes that's in my best interests. AND he has a good sense of humour as well! I'm extremely pleased. So happy my GP referred me to Dr. Bushuk.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2017

I am so grateful to Dr. Bushuk, He has given me the gift of being able to walk again. I am a retired nurse and worked on an orthopedic floor for about ten years during my career. I first saw Dr. Bushuk April 2016 for knee replacement surgery. He was friendly, professional and very informative. He booked my surgeries for Sept. 2016 and Jan. 2017. All went well with both surgeries. I went to The Scarborough Hospital for physiotherapy as he recommended. The staff and the program was wonderful. It is now 1 year since I first met Dr. Bushuk and he continues to see me in his clinic.I am walking without any pain and have full range of motion in both knees. I have already recommended Dr. Bushuk to a friend who has knee replacement surgery in her future.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2017

I saw Dr. Bushuk for a torn meniscus. The office welcomed me and Dr. Bushuk could not have been nicer. he took great care in examining my knee and drew diagrams to make sure that I clearly understood my injury. he treated me with a cortisone shot and I will see him again in 6 weeks to determine next steps. I am very impressed with this doctor and would not hesitate to recommend him to others.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2017

I was referred to Dr. Bushuk by my family doctor. After suffering for approximately three years with knee pain and the inability to walk it was recommended that I have a double knee replacement. As I had become knocked kneed it was also necessary to have my ligaments released. I had my first surgery in September of 2015 and the second knee replaced in December of the same year. Dr. Bushuk is an incredible surgeon. I am now pain fee and have 100% flexibility in both knees. The staff in the Physio Department at the Scarborough Hospital were excellent. I would highly recommend Dr. Bushuk.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2017

Dr. Bushuk tells it like it is. I wish I was not so stubborn and listened to him. I suffered in pain until I had total hip replacement surgery. The surgery and the recovery were amazing I had no pain!! Dr. Bushuk is amazing really knows his stuff the follow up appointments he gives great advice. Thank you Dr. Bushuk you changed my life. I am pain free. Yes, I would totally recommend Dr. Bushuk to anyone, do not wait like I did.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2017