Ratings for Dr. S. DANIEL Samadi

flag | Submitted April 20, 2016

I wish I had followed what most people said and wrote here before we went to Dr Samadi. I know now why my pediatrician NO LONGER recommends him as an ENT specialist to children. His wait times vary each visit, from 10 minutes to an hour. Then he gets annoyed when the kids are not willing to sit nicely when he enters the room. Also his new assistant, not sure if she is seeing her own patients now, but was so aggressive that she made my son cry while she examined his ears. In all my sons visits to varying doctors, this had never happened. I agree with the many other reviews, find another doctor and office personnel to deal with, you will be much happier for it.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2016

Dr. S. DANIEL Samadi's response
We are sorry that you feel this way. Children do often cry during exams with new providers as they have not yet developed a trusting relationship with the healthcare professional. That said, not every patient and provider relationship is a good fit. We wish you and your child the best for the future.

Submitted April 25, 2016

Dr. Samadi is and his staff are Amazing!!! I was told by the schools child study team my 3 year old son would need "special" help beacause he did not talk however also changed my son's pediatrician twice due to multiple ear infections that could never be resolved in 10 months. I was not referred to Dr. Samadi. I was desperate to see a specialist and found him. Dr. Samadi recomended my son get the tubes in his ear and immediately after surgery my son could hear rain drops. amazing! The whole time my son couldnt hear well which was the reason for the speech delay. Its been over a year and a half and my son is in the top of his class and has not had an ear infection since. Since then, I am also a patient of his and has helped relieve my sinus infection and control my allergies... Thank you Dr. Samadi!

flag | Submitted January 1, 2016

To all my NJ friends who have children. I never post anything like this but I'm so angry that I want to get the word out. If your child ever needs an ENT DO NOT use Dr. Samadi in Paramus. The office staff is terrible and they will nickel and dime you for everything. They will also not follow proper protocol post operatively to keep the money your insurance company pays them for the first post op appointment. So when you go to the first post op appointment that THEY schedule, they will charge you and expect a copay bc its out of the post op window. I told them why I'm not paying the $25 and their extremely rude office manager Rachel response was "we will just send you to collections" and they hung up on me! I'm not done with them yet. Calls will be placed to the insurance company for fraudulent activity, BBB, office of professional discipline, and the Hackensack medical board since he has privileges there. And on top of all that Not only that, I had to give them $350 prior to my daughter's surgery and they claimed I never gave it to them! I had to give them credit card statements to prove to them that I gave them the money with the transaction #. Then they were like "ok we found the money" Stay away stay far away. I actually feel guilty as a parent that I took my child to this horrible place and then had to be subjected to abuse by the staff.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2015

Everyone was very patient with my daughter and made her very comfortable

flag | Submitted December 2, 2015

please do yourself a favor and go somewhere else. there are TONs of good trustworthy ENT all over NJ. unfortunately DR SAMADI is not one of them. his office manager is a manipulator and a liar. I have dealt with her on more than one occasion. she does not speak in a professional manner and dr samadi is an extremely unkosher doctor that really should be jailed!!!

flag | Submitted October 28, 2015

Best doctor I have ever met. I went to Dr. Samadi for sudden hearing loss. He was very knowledgeable and kind. Now my hearing is back after taking medicine as he prescribed. Thank Dr. Samadi !!

flag | Submitted October 12, 2015

Dr. S. DANIEL Samadi's response
Thank you so much for your kind words! We are always here to take care of you, and we appreciate your loyalty!

Submitted October 14, 2015

Now this is long, but informative of an experience. Take time to read it, I hope it provides a better light on what to expect! I had been researching for an ENT specialist for a long time and it took me about one year to build the courage to actually go ahead and get surgery. My first visit to Samadi's office was pretty good. I was greeted in good time, waited a bit, and was seen in good time. After understanding that I needed surgery Dr. S., wrote a prescription for a Med. Clearance and blood work, etc., I figured that everything was running smoothly since this is the first time I ever have had surgery. During this visit, Doctor Samadi's explanation of my issue was very superficial, and I already had known what he said due to WebMD... Two days before my surgery I received a phone call. Before I was able to even share a conversation with her, I already knew she was a tough cookie and an unpleasant one too. Nonetheless I proceeded with the phone call, "will you pay or not?" She rudely asked, and I responded if she would be kind enough to identify herself since she is asking for my CC information over the phone. Without excusing herself, she transferred me over to the supervisor in which also, answered in a very nasty and domineering way "yea I'm the supervisor, and my name is Rachel Baum(or something like so). "You said you needed a name and (I think she said) Nicole works under me. You said you needed a name so there you go. Now I'm going to pass you over to "Nicole" again so that you can give your payment." A vivid memory of what the phone call sounded like. These two ladies were pretty terrible and unhelpful. Now I am not saying these people are like, but they definitely carry themselves like so. About two weeks after the surgery, I had to return to the office because I had severe nose-bleeding. I was very close to going to the ER since I had lost a lot of blood, and thought I had to get my nose cauterized to minimize the bleeding... Now once I entered, I hypothesized that the staff are able to write notes in their system since there was an awkward vibe and very present one too. I was already annoyed and frustrated since I was clearly had an uncomfortable and had lost so much blood the night before-in which I should just gone to the ER. Service means everything and paying my ER copayment would've resulted in a better experience. Any-who, When seen, the Physician Assistant entered with an overbearing persona. I already knew I had waisted my time and should had again, JUST gone to the ER. Due to professionalism, respect, and the incorrect setting I decided to not express how rude and useless her conversation was to my boyfriend and I. She clearly said, "If you would have read the paper work, you would've known that your need to spray saline up your nose, almost any chance you can get." Pretty funny that I was reading my clinicals book as she entered the room, right? Now one thing I must say. I clearly was not capable to work or function properly at the time of the surgery and I was with people. Perhaps those people mistakenly, took the paperwork that the office provided. It would've been helpful if this were said to me after waking up from the anesthesia at the procedure site. In which Dr. Samadi's wasn't the person who spoke to my family, but the anesthesiologist. To be honest, Who knows if it was even Dr. Samadi's who operated me since He never spoke to me the day of the procedure. However, back to my update visit with the PA. I shot a direct look at my boyfriend and he knew exactly the self-control it took for me to simmer my response and reaction toward her inadequate and arrogant response. Now, I will say this: If you're not a people-person, DON'T have a people-person job. It's really simple. If you hate your life, get help and get it together. It's sad how miserable the staff is here. I'm truly hoping and praying to God I recover quickly so that I don't have to deal with these people any longer. When one assumes.... Well, you can finish that. I truly hope everyone has a better experience. Now as for I, I will never return to this site.

Submitted September 8, 2015

flag | Submitted August 31, 2015

We took our two month old to Dr. Samadi and had a pretty terrible experience. The front desk staff were all unpleasant and since those are the first people you see we were already not happy. They assured me the wait wouldn't be long. We waited for 20 min in the waiting room and were then brought back to an exam room. We waited 10 minutes for the PA, who was nice enough. She said Samadi would be right in. Thirty minutes later he came in. All that wait for a rude doctor. He was knowledgable enough, but we could not get over how abrupt he was considering he sees primarily children. Also, knowing how kids are you would think he wouldn't schedule appointments every 15 minutes. That would eliminate excessive wait time for patients. Clearly he tries to see as many people as possible to make more money. After we left we got a call from the office saying we missed our appointment. You would think with that many people behind the desk they'd have their act together.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2015

Dr. S. DANIEL Samadi's response
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry that you had this experience. We try to care for each patient as soon as possible, but sometimes a patient with a prior appointment may require extra time, which can extend the wait. We apologize if you felt the doctor or staff was rude, as most patients report quite the opposite. Again, there may have been an issue with an earlier appointment that contributed to the distraction. Dr. Samadi cares very much for each of his patients, and we hope that you give us a second chance.

Submitted August 19, 2015

Dr. S. DANIEL Samadi's Credentials

Lumenos
Medicaid / Medi-Cal
Oxford

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "It was such an amazing experience. I lived the staff and I I'll continue coming here. "

April 20, 2016
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "I wish I had followed what most people said and wrote here before we went to Dr Samadi. I know now why my pediatrician NO LONGER recommends him as an ENT speci..."

April 12, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Samadi is and his staff are Amazing!!! I was told by the schools child study team my 3 year old son would need "special" help beacause he did not talk how..."

January 1, 2016
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "To all my NJ friends who have children. I never post anything like this but I'm so angry that I want to get the word out. If your child ever needs an ENT DO N..."

December 30, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Everyone was very patient with my daughter and made her very comfortable "

December 2, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "please do yourself a favor and go somewhere else. there are TONs of good trustworthy ENT all over NJ. unfortunately DR SAMADI is not one of them. his office ma..."

October 28, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Best doctor I have ever met. I went to Dr. Samadi for sudden hearing loss. He was very knowledgeable and kind. Now my hearing is back after taking medicine as h..."

October 12, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Now this is long, but informative of an experience. Take time to read it, I hope it provides a better light on what to expect! I had been researching for an..."

September 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "dr not the liveliest personality but very kind and straight to the point. The girls in the office are kind "

August 31, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "We took our two month old to Dr. Samadi and had a pretty terrible experience. The front desk staff were all unpleasant and since those are the first people you ..."

August 5, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "This doctor is a egonasty dishonest human being. Take it from someone who knows him well. He only cares about money. Please go elsewhere my daughter had ER surg..."

July 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Best service ! Great management, no wait time! Thank you for getting me in same day . "

July 19, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr samadi's billing manager, Rachel, was extremely inept, rude, and disgusting. Because of that, I am taking my daughter to a new doctor."

July 17, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "The worst doctor I have ever met!! Horrible!!!! Run as far away from these people!!!!"

July 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Samadi and his ENTIRE staff are some of the nicest and caring people i have ever dealt with! They are so professional and just all around great! I received ..."

June 22, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Samadi might be a great doctor, but his office staff is horrible and makes you feel afraid to even call to ask questions. My family treated well BEFORE surg..."

June 22, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "My first appointments and the surgery went well overall. But do not fall late on a financial bill because they will not see your sick child if you do. They are ..."

June 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I came to see Dr Samadi with 4 of my children who were constantly getting colds. Dr. Samadi was very patient and knowledgable. One of my children he suggested t..."

June 10, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "I seen Dr. Samadi with my baby girl for ear infaction. Dr. Samadi was gentle an caring and most of all informative, we ended up placing tubes in my baby's ear, ..."

May 31, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "My children have had surgery with Dr. Samadi last month, yes it wasn't easey , but today both kids are sleeping comfortable and can take a deep breath thanks t..."

May 31, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "One of the worst doctors I've ever come across. I am not a mother that has ever taken to writing a review about a doctor but this man is absolutely horrible. No..."

May 28, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "the best md ever , he is not here to have a drink with you, he is here to take care of my child! thank you , you are the best "

May 27, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Awful. Awful. Awful. The worst bedside manners I've ever seen in my life! This guy doesn't listen and I can for see that there will be inaccurate charges filed ..."

May 26, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "I find that his office staff is extremely rude and unprofessional. They are very unhelpful, when your concerned about your child having to have surgery. Dr Sama..."

May 6, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I really do wish I had listened to all the bad reviews here because they were so true. I thought I would be ok if we asked for the first appointment. His office..."

May 6, 2015
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "He told me to hold my infants head still for an ear cleaning, which I did easily because she's not a fussy baby. He then pushed her head against my chest so har..."

April 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After reading a few bad reviews I was hesitant to choose Dr. Samadi. From what I read he was surgery happy and not friendly with children. I disagree. He ha..."

April 9, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Daniel is knowledgeable and personable. Relates to the children, conforting and befriending them all the while informing and reassuring parents . Hands dow..."

March 31, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "DO NOT GO THIS DOCTOR! They don't care about the patient and are only interested in your money. They told me that they would not see my child until I paid my bi..."

March 30, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "my experience was awful can you say money orientated over patient care. I wish I could have my health insurance monies refunded back to them.. Rachel and her ru..."

March 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Samadi is a fantastic doctor. He has really helped my son. I brought my son to many doctors before hearing about Dr. Samadi and we were not pleased. Dr. ..."

March 6, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "He is a Snake (Dr. Samadi) and then there is an elephant (who is the office manager), its a serious joke the office is run like a circus. The office manager ha..."

December 21, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great staff , great Dr. Racheal the office manger, gave me same day appointment . Can't ask for better Dr to take care of my kids. Thank you Dr. Samadi for al..."

December 16, 2014
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Office staff was unproffesional. Wait time was long. I specifically booked the 1st appointment time so I wouldn't have to wait, but they OVER booked so I h..."

December 15, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I brought my son and daughter recently to this office. I do not recommend this doctor. I overheard the doctor and his office manager having an extremely inappro..."

December 10, 2014
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "You people have no clue and are so ignorant when it comes to PAs and what they do. Amy was awesome to my kids. Not that fond of Samadi but Amy made everything..."

December 2, 2014
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "We had been happy with Dr. Samadi's care for the past year and a half. However, our most recent appointment with his PA Amy Lange was horrifying. If Dr. Samad..."

November 29, 2014
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "horrible staff, rude experience, and unsuccessful surgery with threatening phone calls about payment... wouldn't recommend"

November 24, 2014
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "I never write reviews because at the end of the day, it your choice. But, I must say what motivated me to actually go on here and write is PURE DISAPPOINTMENT...."

October 31, 2014
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Only thing about him is his knowledge. You can't take that away from him.. Other than that his staff is horrible and lets not even talk about that thing that ca..."

October 15, 2014
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "very skilled surgeon, he knows how to properly interact with both parents, makes eye contact, appears genuine."

October 14, 2014
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "He is not a good doctor. I do not recommend anyone to go to him. He did not specify the cause of anxiety in my throat, my son and appointed immediately antibiot..."

September 25, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Both of my children have come to this doctor. He has performed successful surgeries in both kids. And I have never being treated rude at this office. The Doctor..."

September 25, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "i have no complaints about this doctor or his staff, i guess you can't please everyone."

September 23, 2014
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "highly recommend avoiding this doctor at all costs. all he cares about is financial gain."

September 17, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "First off the positive reviews here have obviously written by the doctors staff. They all sound the same in one way or another talking about Dr. Samadi being ..."

September 17, 2014
  • First Name changed from "Daniel" to "Daniel D."

October 20, 2013
  • City changed from "Hackensack" to "Paramus"

March 11, 2013