Ratings for Dr. Margaret Reda

after 7.5 hours in emergency, they sent me to this dr. she disagreed with an inplace treatment plan which was proving helpful. she inferred 95% of shoulder injury and cervical spine injurys did not need medication. i disagreed with her treatment plan on several levels, but after 8 hours in hospital was given the option of "restarting triage process and wait" or take it. I asked if it was covered under provincial drug schedule for eia and was told it was... shoppers thought it was a discontinued ointment, then found it, but its not covered. long story short, this dr will have caused me unecessary pain and another visit to the E.R.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2015

An excellent person and doctor. I went to see her for a chronic back injury which had flared up causing me acute pain. She took a holistic approach to my treatment. She told me to take two days of bed rest, followed by one to two weeks of taking it easy, going to work but returning home and then straight to bed. Then, returning to normal activities and an exercise and stretching routine. She told me to use pain medication sparingly because pain was the body's way of telling me not to do whatever I was doing, or to be careful. She inquired about stress in my life, and whether I was getting enough sleep. I had never heard before that stress and lack of sleep can contribute to chronic pain injuries. I followed her advice, and I am very glad I did. I haven't had back trouble in YEARS!

flag | Submitted March 6, 2014

flag | Submitted June 2, 2012

I was taken to the emergency room a few weeks ago with the worst back pain I had ever experienced in my life. This excuse for a Dr. felt no need for any x-rays and suspected a simple nerve problem. It was anything but. I have been to concordia hospital a few times for other family members, and it has got to be the WORST hospital I have ever been in. Very slow in processing, and we are talking about noone being in the emergency room. I will travel across the city before ever going to this hospital or deal with this Dr. again.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2012