Ratings for Dr. Shirley Cheong

I moved here from another city, and I can tell you, the reviews here are as real as it gets. After the second visit I was already recommending her to my friends that are thinking of moving here too, and I plan on continuing to do so. Never before have I been treated with such kindness and warmth in a dental office. In my previous experiences involving dentists, you come in, sit down, and somebody does whatever they're going to do with your teeth (and then you pay and leave). Sometimes, there is pain or discomfort, and for a lot of people (myself included) very frequently there is some level of anxiety. Not at this office. Here, there's an incredible level of genuine care for you as a person first and foremost; you begin with a thorough and personalized getting-to-know-you session, and every procedure that follows comes with a sit-down talk to explain both the situation and your options on how to handle it, along with printed information sheets (about everything!) to take home if any further knowledge is helpful to have. Your input during the visit is absolutely welcome, and asking questions is actively encouraged. Even the clinic itself doesn't leave you feeling like you're in a traditional dental office - it is a beautiful, clean, welcoming space with a genuinely homey feel and comfortable vibe. The staff are helpful and friendly, and the punctuality of everyone there is impeccable; I have never had to wait more than a minute or two after showing up to end up in a dental chair. And once I'm in that chair, I am treated with unparalleled courtesy and respect. At first, all I went in for was a routine cleaning and a check-up regarding a small spot I saw on one of my back teeth. Dr. Shirley explained to me what it was, and remedied the situation with speed and professionalism. She was so gentle that I experienced no discomfort during the procedure whatsoever, and my previously bothersome dental anxiety vanished in the face of her compassionate and patient demeanour. Since that first visit, I've been receiving help managing --and thus far actually just completely eliminating, which is incredible-- the migraine headaches that have been robbing me of my ability to function as I have always wanted to. As someone who has lived with debilitating chronic illness for the majority of my life, I would have never believed a pain-free day was possible. Thanks to this clinic and the supportive device they have custom-made me for my jaw, I have been able to remove one more hurdle from my daily life and learned just how wonderful it is to feel a little bit more of what everybody else gets to feel day to day. It is an absolute joy to have Dr. Shirley Cheong as my dentist, and I am so thankful there is someone looking out for my health with this much empathy and care.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2016

Dr. Shirley Cheong is a very knowledgeable and thorough professional who takes pride in providing excellent care for her patients. She listens carefully to any concerns regarding procedures and answers all questions in detail. The dental office staff are friendly and efficient.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2016

We had been with Dr. Shirley Cheong for a long time. It was the high level of caring about detail that kept me going. I would not trust nyonr else for my teeth other than Dr. Shirley. Her gentle hands skills in tretment amazes me everytime. She puts you at ease during treatment. I highly recommend her to anyone. A really good dentist is hard to find.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016

I had problem with my front teeth for a long time and did not have to courage to fix the black marks between them. When I met the doctor and she pointed out ways to help me, I was thrilled to have the front teeth fixed with crowns in the same day. The transformation was magical and I can smile again with confidence They have this machine that can solve my biggest problem in my life instantly. She fixed the front teeth like a piece of art! I gained my smile back without any pain at all.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2015

Difficult communications... For us unilingual people of English... chose another clinic. Also very insurance driven so I wonder if I did not have insurance what would be my recommendations. Not a good gut feeling

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

My implants were in for 19 years by Dr. Shirley. Not only can I smile everyday with confidence, I can enjoy my food without hesitation. She has always been looking after my teeth from then onward and I thank her for the professionalism and personal care.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015

Dr Shirley Cheong and her dedicated team are TRULY WONDERFUL. She treats a prospective patient with dignity and kindness . She provides a detailed description of every procedure and works with expertise , enthusiasm, patience and care. I believe that, at her clinic, it is not possible to obtain better dental care in the Toronto area. Her specially chosen reception desk people are very charming, knowledgeable and extremely helpful.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2014

From Norman Macleod-----Professor of Engineering and Applied Mathematics. (Scotland and Canada,) To Dr Ken and Dr Shirley

flag | Submitted November 24, 2014

At the urging of my friends, I left my dentist of 15+ years to see Dr. Shirley. Had I known just how much she cares about each individual patient, her integrity and passion for dentistry, I probably would have gone to see her way sooner. We're doing Invisalign braces together and part way through, I noticed something that I didn't like and worried that my smile would turn out badly. I asked Dr. Shirley about it and she agreed: we needed to do something about it. She not only reassured me that this was fixable, but also gave me multiple options on how to fix it. We ended up ordering extra trays (at no extra cost) and this is just one way she has cared for me and my family. I whole-heartedly recommend Dr. Shirley, her husband - Dr. Kenny and their amazing staff to everyone. Truly the best dentists ever.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2014

Our family has been seeing Dr. Shirley for many years. Not only did she fix my long term gum disease, my smile has been restored and I no longer need to cover my mouth to smile. This is a very unique dentist that I felt comfortable to talk to because she listens and attends to my needs.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2014

Dr. Shirley Cheong's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Cantonese