Ratings for Dr. Marc E. Colmer

Dr. Colmer misdiagnosed me and I nearly died as a result. His arrogance is sickening. Dr. Colmer is well past his prime and it is time for him to exit the profession.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2014

I was a patient of Dr Colmer's and I also worked with him at JSUMC when I was a nurse. In 2009 a home health aide wrote a review of Dr Colmer on this site and said that her "friend" who was ninety something years old had been going to Dr Colmer for 50 years. That would take us back to 1949, which is right around the year Dr Colmer was born. I would not take anything she had to say about him as truth. Dr Colmer has always been a perfectionist, a great trait for a physician to have. When I worked at the hospital, he was never rude or demeaning to me and I was an average nurse. He is incredibly bright and a wonderful teacher. I moved on to see a different physician because of the amt of time I would have to wait in his office. Other then that he is a kind and caring and bright physician

flag | Submitted December 2, 2014

Dr. Colmer is the most knowledgeable and competent doctor of any I see. Yes, he is blunt and sometimes irritated by patients who choose not to follow his instructions, but I find that my complete confidence in his total capability to handle any cardiac problems far outweighs any other feelings I might have. Staff is helpful and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2012

While I am not a patient of Dr. Colmer, and therefore make no judgements about his competency as a physician, I care for an elderly women who goes to him and I bring her every two months for a checkup. She waits usually 1.5 hours to see the Dr. which I hear is common for all patients. Since my friend is 92 and has been going to Dr. Colmer for 50 years, I called him to ask him if he may recommend a Life Alert necklace or some other monitoring device for her as she lives alone and barely mobile. He did not have the decency to return my call. After my friend fell and broke her hip in three places, I called again to thank him for not having the common decency to call me back - of course I left this with the office. An office worker called me back and said Dr. Colmer could not talk to me as I was not family and it violates HIIPA. He claims he did not get my original call. Which is it Dr. Colmer, did you not get my original call or does it violate HIIPA or do you just not care?

flag | Submitted June 2, 2009

Dr. Colmer is very knowlegable but expects a patient to comply with his treatment otherwise you are wasting his time and your money. He can be very demeanding of his staff and those who work in the hospital but that's exactly what you want in a physican - not one who lets important things slide by. When someone doesn't do their job, he holds them accountable. He is thorough and will give you as much time as you need but he does appreciate educated patients who ask questions and is very forthcoming with answers. He is blunt, truthful and an excellent diagnostication. His office staff are well trained and receptive to patient needs including an emergency seeing that you are seen right away and relaying messages to him. He will return his own messages.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2007

I know Dr. Colmer for twenty years and can say that his treatment is excellent, forthright, follows up, and is dedicated to your care.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2007

Dr. Marc E. Colmer's Credentials

• Boston University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1968)

GHI