Ratings for Dr. Joel Liem

My son has seen Dr Liem. He has as asthma puffer and takes allergy medicine. Wish someone would have recommended Aerus, the healthy home experts on Tecumseh. 519 944 7800

flag | Submitted March 14, 2017

My beef with Dr. Liam is this. He told me I have a serious allergy to dust mites and that I need to get shots for this. I am very lucky in that I have dual coverage and most prescriptions cost me nothing but he would not accept my coverage and said that I have to pay the 250.00 for the shots upfront and then I can collect the money from my insurances. I explained to him that I cannot afford 250.00, that's why I have coverage and he said not to worry that they would take payments and once I had paid the 250.00 I could get the shots. I have a hard enough time paying my bills how the heck am I supposed to make payments? He also tried to sell me face cream and laundry soap and wanted me to take a penicillin allergy test to confirm that I'm allergic to it for another $100.00. Hmmm... money money money.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2017

I drive to London now because of my experience with Dr. Liem. He continued to prescribe my daughter an inhaler for a few years that was not working. He breathing levels never increased. He never sent her for actual test for her lungs, ie no PFT was done. Then, and this amazes me still, he compromised my daughter's health to prove a point to her father. I got a call from my ex husband who had taken our daughter to her appointment, that he had taken her of all her inhalers. I right away called the office and made an appointment the next day to speak to him. When I went in a and told him I was not comfortable with his decision, seeing as she JUST had 4 asthma episodes within a 3 days and asked him to please explain his rational behind hits decision. He then tells me that he was comfortable with it either, but did it to prove to her father that he needed to make sure she was taking her inhaler. Are you kidding me??? He was willing to let my daughter go without her inhalers and get even worse, just to prove a point instead of just doing some good old fashioned patient health teaching. Needless to say, we've never gone back and actually her pediatrian head done more for her in one visit then he ever did, including actual pulmonary function tests.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2017

My experience with Doctor Liem as my allergist was not good, when I started going to him cause the doctor I was going to was not available any more in this field so I tried Dr. Liem, he wanted to take me off my allergy y shoots when they are doing me some good, and most allergist would test you every season uausally not Liem he tested me once when I first started him them it got to the point he just ignored it so I said I found another one I was told about by a friend who she goes to and I tried him I like this better at lest he cares about you and answers all questions you have and doesn't beat around the bush either so i am glad I am with Dr. Zangahney at lest he is a human being and has respect for his patients some Doc's are in it for the Money.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2016

He is just the most wonderful doctor and so very good with kids. My son has seen him when he was younger and now he is a teenager. Dr. Joel still is great with relating to kids of this age. He is kind and compassionate along with being very knowledgable. Great to have him in our community.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2016

His office is very busy and he spends 5 mins before jumping to the next room. Hard to gauge if he is knowledgeable with so little time spent. He is also quite rude to staff in front of patients which is really disrespectful.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2016

He is just the very best doc for kids. He can really relate to kids. So much knowledge and a great bedside manner.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2015

wonderful with children, and is an amazingly knowledgeable man. the father/son duo is excellent!

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015

He has a great rapport with kids and is so kind. We are lucky to have this doctor in our city.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2015

Good experience .Would recommend to anyone !Very professional.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2014