Ratings for Dr. Garrison H. Ayars

Dr. Ayars has always been very friendly and helpful. He really knows his stuff. He has helped me and some of my family members with our severe allergies and ezcema. He really takes the time to get to know you and your symptoms and makes a personalized treatment plan. He has improved my quality of life. I would recommend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted June 6, 2011

I have seen Dr. Ayars a couple of times in about 12 years. I work in medicine and was pleased with is great knowledge about allergies and asthma. He is not a give pills and not discover the problem doctor and he does do things by the book. He helped me with allergy testing and kept my records from 10 years previously. I was impressed. He tries very hard to take good care of his patients and help them live quality lives. I would recommend him. He knows his stuff.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2009

I was sent to mr. Ayars, yes i wont call him a Dr., from L and I as a Independent Medical Examination from a year long exposure to over 44 chemicals and solvents. I had spent many visits to harborview medical center and was found to have issues from these exposures. Mr. Ayars spent 30 minutes of fast paced talking about a very complicated history. he basically told me what i was feeling isnt real! every time i tell him about episodes i have had or have and his remarks were always "do you have documentation?" the next thirty minutes i was put in a room and he did basic checks of the body, when he showed. this man showed no interest in my well being, he did not care my health was effected by so many chemicals. he will not treat you as an individual. he goes by what the majority of people have and thats it. for example i was very sick for 11 and a half months out of 12 and i was told everybody gets sick and it had nothing to do with the chemicals i had inhaled during that time! dr. death

flag | Submitted August 27, 2009

very prompt. Read comments about doctor only being able to suppress symptoms, and that wasn't any help to the writer. Obviously, there was no cure, so relieving symptoms was all he COULD do-that wasn't a waste of your time, just not what you wanted to hear. And that was what my visit was about. Allergies are not curable, I went to get relief from my year long allergies, and was happy that I can get that for the most part, with compliance to the medication offered.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2009

Excellent doctor. Have been going to him for over 20 years. Thorough, helpful, takes time and listens. Has helped with severe allergy and asthma issues. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2009

Great doctor - always helpful and always available. He will squeeze you in for an emergency and has great followup.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2009

I've been having horrible hive breakouts & was recommended by my family doctor to see a specialist. I found Dr. Ayars listed on my insurance's preferred list. After sitting for 45-60 minutes waiting, he started asking me basic health questions & informed me that hives are rarely ever an allergic reaction & that I have an auto-immune system issue. He did absolutely no testing, nor did he ask questions to determine such a thing. I know numerous people who get hives from seasonal allergies or things like nuts, Splenda, soy, etc. If he asked me a question, he would interrupt me before I had finished answering. He told me there was nothing he could do for me other than give me meds to help suppress the symptoms when they flare up but that I should come back & see him if I have another episode - I'm still trying to figure out why since there's nothing he can do for me. To put it simply, this doctor's visit was a complete waste of time & money, & I will never refer anyone I know to go there.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2007

Dr. Garrison H. Ayars's Credentials

• University Of Washington School Of Medicine (Grad. 1976)

TRICARE