Ratings for Dr. Kaleen Kitay

I have been a patient of Dr. Kitay's for over 3 years. The concierge practice is OUTSTANDING. Whether its yearly blood work, physical, or general illness or issues, I receive prompt, friendly, and outstanding medical care. Dr. Kitay is very knowledgeable , and takes the time to understand your medical issue, medical history, diet, and lifestyle. I find that Dr. Kitay genuinely cares about my health, and discusses issues in a manner that I find informative. I highly recommend Dr. Kitay.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

I was sold on this concierge practice hoping that I would receive better medical care. Wrong! I liked Dr Kitay very much, but the practice did not live up to their sales pitch. They never get back to you with your test results, and the receptionist is rude and dismissing. What was I paying for. I can get that service for free!

flag | Submitted April 27, 2015

This is a concierge practice. I found Dr. Kitay to be very professional, to take time with me, and although I am not a big consumer of medical services, when I did get sick with a respiratory illness, and was having trouble breathing, she prescribed medications that helped enormously... Had I not had an access able doctor, I probably would have let it get worse and worse...

flag | Submitted September 12, 2014

The staff is okay and it was easy to schedule an appointment but Dr. Kitay is not someone I would recommend. She is best described as a cold fish; unfriendly, unsmiling, and uninterested. Dr. Kitay did not listen to my concerns and was terse in her manner of speaking. She did not make me feel comfortable, heard, or even welcome.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2013

Dr. Kitay listened and was knowledgeable. After my previous internist dismissed all my symptoms resulting from a serious condition for which I was hospitalized (and didn't even examine me!!!), I decided to find someone else. Dr. Kitay offered treatment options to help alleviate my symptoms. She didn't rush me in anout out and thought about all my symptoms and what could be causing them. She was knowledgeable about my condition and her beside manner was caring. She also examined me fully, which I am shocked that some Dr's don't do. I will definitely remain with this practice. The staff are also pleasant and helpful.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2011

This practiced has changed owners over the years. It's now one of those doctor's offices you want to avoid. The doctors are young & unknowledgable. There is a high turnover rate of both doctors and staff. The staff is probably paid very low and it shows in their attitude. This is a cattle call type of business. These young and inexperienced doctors need to pay off their medical school loans and it is reflected in the low level of care that you can expect to receive.

Submitted April 16, 2011

I've gone to this practice for 20 years and it has changed dramatically over the years, not for the better. If it weren't for Margaret Light, I'd have left long ago. If she leaves, I'll be right behind her. The other doctors don't seem knowledgeable, they don't follow up on serious conditions, and they don't listen OR care. I see only Margaret Light... this practice misdiagnosed my daughter and caused some very serious health issues to go unaddressed for a long time. Fortunately, I convinced her to change doctors before they did permanent damage. Margaret Light was the only doctor who followed through and ordered the right tests, who really addressed the problems. This practice won't even mail a referral to your home any more..... I had to drive 45 minutes to pick up my mammogram referral in April. Ridiculous.... it used to be a good practice to go to. Not any more, unless you're lucky enough to get Margaret Light. Otherwise, you're out of luck.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2010

I had a positive visit with Dr. Kitay but felt that she didn't diagnose my condition correctly and was not quick to act. Due to severe pain, I had no choice but to go to the ER and was correctly diagnosed and treated. I feel that if I waited, I would have ended up with a more serious complication. Overall, I feel that she was good at the initial visit, but failed to take my condition and pain seriously enough to order more detailed tests and take quicker action.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2010

She's wonderfully personal, medically thorough and extremely smart. I have a very rare condition, and she systemically examined, diagnosed and found my problem in a relatively short period of time (2 months). I've read on line that patients with my diagnoses sometimes go YEARS before they are diagnosed. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2009

Margaret Light-also fabulous. The front desk & office manager are rude, unhelpful, and enough to make one want to look for another doctor's office. Office mgr who handles billing is worst of all for rudeness/unhelpfulness. Incredibly hard to get anything done on the phone with front office staff, but when Dr. Light calls back she is helpful, patient, and takes care of you!

flag | Submitted December 5, 2008

Dr. Kaleen Kitay's Credentials

Dr. Kaleen Kitay joined PartnerMD in August 2012. Her special interests include lipid disorders, medical dermatology and preventive health care. Dr. Kitay understands that time with her patient’s is key. “Moving my practice to PartnerMD allows me to practice medicine in an environment that promotes quality physician-patient relationships,” said Dr. Kitay. Dr. Kitay, a native of New York, received her bachelor’s degree from State University of New York at Binghamton and her medical degree from State University of New York Health Science Center at Brooklyn in 1991. She completed her internship and residency at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital in Philadelphia. Prior to joining PartnerMD, Dr. Kitay practiced at Prosperity Internal Medicine in Fairfax. She has also worked as a part-time Internist at Greenspring Village and as Medical Director of Scienna Medspa and Wellness Center. Dr. Kitay is also a volunteer physician at the Arlington Free Clinic. Dr. Kitay lives in Northern Virginia with her husband and two children. In her free time, she enjoys skiing, dancing, traveling and spending time with her family.

• Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Brooklyn, Coll Of Med, Brooklyn Ny 11203 (Grad. 1991)