Ratings for Dr. Mindy Black

I also refrained from leaving this comment as I too thought "maybe it's just me". A couple years ago, when I was undergoing biweekly shots for allergies and still averaging 3 sinus infections a year, I scheduled an appointment to see her. After a hurried and fruitless appointment, she left the room and I overheard her talking to another doctor about me while I waited for my shots in the clinic. Verbatim: "I don't know what she wants, it's like she expects a miracle". She had no idea I was in the other room. I was so hurt to hear a medical professional so blatantly disregard my concerns and then proceed to vent audibly to a coworker with patients within earshot. She's jaded and up empathetic; it's not just me.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2016

This lady is trash, her lack of patient care and effort to help others is pathetic, she should reconsider her career paths. She not meant to do this work, rude, Arrogant and lazy

flag | Submitted December 17, 2015

I have refrained from publishing a review, for years, because I thought there was something about me she didn't like, and that, consequently, her rudeness and arrogance were invidious to me. I am happy to see, however, that others have the same impression: she is arrogant to the point of hostility. In someone so young, this is particularly unattractive. I am delighted she has returned to Montreal from Toronto, where she practised at the equally cold, rude St. Michael's Hospital, an institution in which I hope never to set foot, again.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2012

I don't know why other patients found Dr. Black to be cool or frosty to them. Personally I found her to be professional and concerned enough to order appropriate diagnostics to make sure the clicking in my ear was not from something serious. She even followed up by showing me the CT scan and introducing me to a senior ENT surgeon with whom she consulted and he allayed my concerns. The slight clicking in my ear is still there when I swallow, but I believe there is nothing that can be surgically accomplished since the ear is a very fine instrument and has extremely small bones inside. Perhaps when medicine (in another few hundred years) improves with nanotechnology and precision robotics will we be able to tackle problems with precision. The secretaries at the ENT dept. are not very good though. The summer holiday replacement secretary was busy chatting with her friend causing the line to be busy for hours!! I had to drive there to complain and ask for my test results!

flag | Submitted January 5, 2011

Dr. Mindy Black was the 2nd ENT person I saw, but the 1st one to take my concerns seriously, and for that I will be eternally grateful. Due to her insight, I was allowed to remove my enlarged tonsils, and can now breathe correctly because of it. She even fought for me to get into ICU when a nurse rudely told me (minutes before my operation!) that I would not be admitted there because it was a simple procedure (even though I had trouble breathing and needed to be monitored!). I saw Dr. Black right before surgery on the gurney and told her what happened and she allayed my fears, so in my book, this is one of the best ENTs in the business who knows her stuff.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2009

Dr. Black is my 2nd of 3rd ENT's. Not that she is bad, but she lacks "entre-gens". If you are going to be that cold, perhaps you should work in a morgue. None the less she pays attention to you and her explanations are well spoken(simple language). Not bad, but missing some worth or passion.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2009

J"ai été opérer par le docteur Black pour un kyste sur une corde vocale l"opération à réussie parfaitement j"ai retrouvé ma voix merci Docteur Black

flag | Submitted January 17, 2009

Bonnes explications données,polie et professionnelle.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2008

Très froide et hautaine. Ne semble pas heureuse de pratiquer la médecine. Peut être compétente ?

flag | Submitted February 13, 2008