Ratings for Dr. Brian T. Szura

Dr. Szura did shoulder surgery for FLAP and torn bicep. He was very patient with explaining the options available. He explained the results of the MRI and more details on the pre-op appointment. I received two follow up calls at home to verify I was doing well after the surgery. He was helpful in stressing the importance of being active participant in the physical therapy for full recovery. I am happy to report 2.5 months post surgery and I have 95% range of motion and no pain. I have started strength training and will start lap swimming . I highly recommend Dr. Szura and his staff.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2017

Dr. Szura performed shoulder surgery to repair a torn bicep in mid January 2016 after many months of PT. He and his staff were very helpful and made this process go smoothly. The surgery was scheduled within a couple of weeks from the MRI results. The pre op visit was very informative and his nurse was most helpful (even making recommendations on what to wear to surgery and afterwards). I did exactly what Dr. Szura and my PT told me to do and 6 weeks after surgery I am as flexible with my repaired arm as I am with my other one...so much so that I forget I have had surgery! Highly recommend Dr. Szura!

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016

Written by Dustin Stanley and wife. Dr. Szura has my recommendations, he is the best and has the best bed side manners. Dr. Szura performed surgery due to a workers comp injury and already has me on the road to healing. Due to my injury being workers comp, I felt that I had been put through the ringer to get to Dr. Szura but Dr. Szura immediately made me feel at ease about my injury and the plan of care. Highly recommend Dr. Szura for his professionalism, experiences, and expertise!

flag | Submitted June 29, 2015

Nasty and very prejudice against black people and very rude money is all he want no concern for the clients God gave you the gift and can take it away.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2014

I will (and already have) recommended Dr. Szura to family members, friends, and neighbors. He is very thorough, explained my problem in detail while showing me the xrays and MRIs, and is conservative in treatment. Even though he known to be an excellent surgeon, he started my treatment with the simplest possible procedure that might fix the problem and advanced to the next possible answer, and worked up to surgery as the last alternative. He explains all the options, the positives and negatives of each, and you make the decision about how you want him to proceed. I fully trust his recommendations about what he thinks is the best way to handle my specific problem, taking everything into consideration, such as age and present state of health over all. He's also very personable---what used to be referred to as having a "bedside manner", when describing an excellent doctor, who cares about his patients as individauls, not just chart numbers. JPP

flag | Submitted December 12, 2014

Dr. Szura took his time with me and was extremely thorough with his exam. He listened to what I had to say and was very understanding. He was well informed and answered any questions I had. In addition, the staff was friendly and very helpful. I would highly recommend Dr. Szura.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

Written by Matthew McNutt. I emphatically recommend Dr. Brian Szura and his team. I have suffered three sports injuries requiring three separate surgeries, all performed by Dr. Szura. In 2001, he reconstructed my ACL. In 2005 he repaired a meniscal cartilage tear in my knee. And in 2013 he repaired a complete tear of my achilles tendon. Dr. Szura also repaired my father's ACL in 1994 and my wife's ACL in the early 2000's. Needless to say, our family knows Dr. Szura and his team quite well. I am thankful for his kindness and his expertise. You could not be in better hands.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2013

Left door wide open and stopped me in the middle of a question to go and talk to a staff member who walked by the exam room to talk about tickets to a game in town, I could hear the whole thing. also likes to give ctz shots and misleads about their effects. he is rude and ineffective. he prescribed PT , and in a sense turned over my care to a well trained staff at Select PT in durham, but did not read their notes back to him, and got upset with me for quoting them. He seemed to form a bias opinion of me due to workers comp or the time I spent on it. he became very upset with me for having a concern about this injury in my future. He has failed in showing me any respect or care. He has also managed to insult me every visit with jabs towards myself or my career. In the top 25% of his class (average) of a bottom 25% school ( below average ) look it up and take a pass on this guy

flag | Submitted September 11, 2009

I found Dr Szura to be very helpful. Diagnosed my problem quickly and easily and presented me with options for treatment so that I could choose the option(s) the were best for me. I found him to be pleasant to talk to, and he answered all of my questions.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2008

My original comments were too lengthy for this form so here is a short verion. I waited 65 minutes past my appt time just to get to the room and then I saw a very arrogant and non-caring Dr, in my opinion. He leaves the doors open to exam rooms and everyone can hear patient/Dr conversations, including other patients. I still have foot pain but I do not plan on seeing this Dr again.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2007

Dr. Brian T. Szura's Credentials

• Case Western Reserve University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)

Delta Dental