Dr. Brian T. Szura

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Brian T. Szura

My experience with Dr. Szura was awesome from the day I walked into his office. You see I was kind of a hard case, But Dr. Szura listened to what I was trying to say and he did everything he could to make me feel better even when I was scared he made me feel safe that he knew what he was doing. He is kind of my own Superman but in a since of a doctor. My shoulder after surgery feels amazing. I have almost full rotation after being 3 months out from surgery . Them team at Cary Orthopedic is just beautiful. If your bones hurt I recommend Cary Orthopedic

flag | Submitted November 12, 2019

Do not go to see this man if you are on workman’s comp. He works for the insurance co. He will have a predetermined opinion of you.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2019

We have been patients of Dr. Szura for 20 years and always satisfied with his care. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2018

Dr. Szura and his staff are absolutely wonderful! He takes time to listen and address your concerns. I would recommend Dr. Szura to anyone that is seeking orthopaedic care.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2018

Dr. Szura is a Great Surgeon. When i first seen him he gave me the greatest respect and really cared how i was doing and really taking time to talk to me without being in a rush. I had shoulder surgery on September 6, 2018 and after surgery Dr Szura went out to talk to my wife to let her know how everything went and again no Rushing . The next day after surgery Dr Szura called me his self to check to see how i was doing . This meant alot to me and my family. One thing that i didn't mention was that this is a workers comp case and all i can say is that Dr Szura has the great respect for all patients. Hats off to his parents for raising a GREAT DOCTOR!

flag | Submitted September 24, 2018

I would highly recommend Dr Szura and his practice. Very pleasant experience.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2018

Dr. Szura has a good bedside manner. I would highly recommend him to others. I appreciate his time and effort with assisting me back into shape. He was very caring and supportive. He treated me with respect and he took the time to listen what I had to say. My injury was with my right shoulder and hand. This was the time that I had the pleasure in meeting Dr. Szura

flag | Submitted May 8, 2018

Dr. Szura had been my doctor for years. We were frequent visitors to Cary Ortho while raising 4 children. My recent knee injury was my first experience with surgery by Dr. Szura. He was very caring and explained my options and gave me the information I needed to make an informed decision. I am very pleased with the outcome of the surgery. Still working on getting to 100% but it will take time.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2018

I waited in the waiting room for 15 minutes. Then I waited in the visiting room for over 20 minutes. When he showed up he brushed quickly over anything he had to say (not helpful) the as I was leaving he stopped me in the hall to point out a second issue. Later this issue was billed separately. Looks like this dr wants to raise money and not help his patients.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2018

Dr. Szura is a terrible doctor! I was sent to him for a workers compensation claim. He gave me the run around and very little attention. He told me my pain was not real. It was not until I sought out another doctor's opinion that he acknowledged my pain and agreed with the opinion of the second doctor I saw. There was no reason for him to miss my injury. The worst doctor I have ever seen. He caused me to miss a year of work.

Submitted April 29, 2017

Dr. Brian T. Szura's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Brian T. Szura was the third physician to join Cary Orthopaedics in 1992. His specialty – sports medicine – helped the practice evolve into a prosperous clinic in Cary. Dr. Szura, along with the other orthopaedic surgeons, developed an extremely strong relationship with many of the high schools, colleges and universities in the Triangle area. Dr. Szura attended Haverford College in Pennsylvania for undergrad, Case Western Reserve in Ohio for medical school and completed his residency at Union Memorial Hospital and The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine in Maryland. Today, he is the team physician for Cardinal Gibbons High School and St. Augustine’s College. Over the years, Dr. Szura has also been involved with semi-pro and pro teams in the Triangle, including the Raleigh Capital Express, Raleigh Flyers, and the Carolina Courage Women’s professional team. Another important aspect of his work is workers’ compensation cases where Dr. Szura assists injured workers and their case managers.

• English