Ratings for Dr. Brian P. McKenna

Comprehensive and compassionate Physician, he is very attentive to all needs. Excellent bedside manner, goes that extra distance for his patients.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2017

Sometimes when a patient refuses to accept that their symptoms are self imposed by stress or poor lifestyle choices, they seek an esoteric answer and they are often told they have an "autoimmune" reason for their symptoms.... many people have 1 or 2blood tests that suggest an autoimmune condition but often these are background findings that do not correlate to their symptoms....patients need to be careful drawing conclusions from such results

flag | Submitted May 30, 2016

If Dr. McKenna can't figure out what's wrong with you he tries to make it into a psychological problem. First sign of an ego maniac...I wound up having an autoimmune disease that gave me the symptoms I was feeling. Not a mental condition. Don't be fooled. Not all doctors are made the same. If you have something out of the ordinary, he's not the doctor for you because his ego will always come first.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2016

excellent bedside manner, very careful and thoughtful. He spent extraordinary time with me and made sure I had all my concerns addressed.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2015

I am both an employee and patient at this practice. The situation described in the last review just did not happen. The office was designed so that there are 2 curtains -- one at the door which prevents any such exposure and another in the room behind which the patient dresses. The medical assistants prepare the patients and are present for the exam. Patients are already in their gowns and prepared prior to the Doctor entering the room.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2015

I had such a bad experience with Brian McKenna. Many reasons why, but one was he barged into the room while I was getting changed, continued to leave the door open and stare at me. Any other doctor would of walked out and said sorry. It took some time to get over my unprofessional experience at this office. I finally found a doctor who I feel comfortable with. I DID NOT FEEL COMFORTABLE WITH DR. MCKENNA at all! He made it that way. The staff also is negligent.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2015

Since the practice relocated to Islandia, the staff is friendlier and very helpful. Keep up the good work! My exam went well and I had good news!

flag | Submitted June 6, 2014

I met Dr. Mckenna during a unfortunate circumstance in my life. His bedside manner was pleasant and he made me at feel at ease. He was so pleasant and his compassion softened the blow of a very sad situation for me. He even called me on a sunday morning after a procedure to see how I was doing. I am a new to his practice but feel so welcomed and comfortable and will definitely stay with him.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2013

His a great doctor very understanding to patients needs I just delivered my second baby with him via csection was very nervous and he was able to calm me down and told me everything will be just fine. I recommend him to anyone his a great man

flag | Submitted June 12, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. McKenna for 11.5 years now. He is a wonderful smart man. He performed a hysterectomy on me with little to no post op problems. I would definitely recommend him to anyone I know.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2013

Dr. Brian P. McKenna's Credentials

• New York University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)