Ratings for Dr. James R. Baugh

Although, it sometimes takes more time than you would like to be seen at the office. I feel Dr Baugh educates me on the pro's and con's on what would be in the best interest of my child. My daughter has a medical need that Dr Baugh could not help with but gave us a referral to someone in Harvard that could. Even though Dr Baugh does not see her for the treatments, he is up to speed on test, and treatments she is receiving. After getting back in town after a couple days in Boston we received a phone call from him whating to make sure everything went well. This is the bedside manner of a great doctor. I would give him an A++ and a thank you.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2011

Dr. Baugh is AWESOME. He listens to mothers and is genuinely concerned about his patients. He has a calming mannerg with childern to put them at ease, and I have found him to be extremely nkowledgeable and pleasant. In fact, he's one of my favorite doctors..and I am o glad my kids are in his care.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2009

Dr Baugh has been very efficient and helpful. The telephone advice nurse otion is very helpful.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2009

Dr. Baugh really is 100% pediatrician. His knowledge and experience are unsurpassed. His calmness amidst the high anxiety of sick children is very appreciated - at least by us. He does not overreact and keeps the focus on what is best for the child. His knowledge and experience with child development is very good. He is quite compassionate and skilled in providing and coordindating care for children with chronic care needs. Also, this practice does not try some of the funny upbilling that is so prevalent in many pediatric and family practices today.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2008

Dr. Baugh is the owner (co-owner) of Virginia Pediatric Group, LTD (VPG). VPG over schedule appointments. Everytime we have an appoint at this practice we always had to wait for at least 45 mins. One time I had to walk out without being seen because my three children can't sit in an exam room that long and bored. Dr. Baugh refuses to listen to parents. Parents know their children best, but he seems out of touch with patient and parents. And the way VPG handled our favorite Pediatrician, Dr. Puppo's departure from VPG in an unprofessional way. VPG left parents like me wondering how to care for my children's health under the care of Dr. Puppo since they were borned. Dr. Puppo is a great doctor who listen to parents and then gives his professional opinion. I'm rating Dr. Baugh's practice, VPG as a mismanaged practice. I do not recommonded this practice to anyone. Everything from making appointments to billing is disorganized. You can't even call the practice, get a busy line all the time.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2007

Said "what is it going to take to convince you that your son has an intestinal virus" and had that diagnosis on the insurance form. I showed him how my son's neck was stiffening up. I rushed to INOVA Fairfax Hospital where because of the excellent treatment he received by Emergency Room physicians he completely recovered from bacterial meningitis. (I am so happy that my son completely recovered that I take it in stride that his recovery made it not profitable for a lawyer to take the case).Had gone to Dr. Baugh two times before this incident. On one visit he kept repeating to my husband "Don't worry." Another example of his out of touch behavior: Baugh bragged to me about his Haiti charity visit months later when I was at his group's practice having another doc (certainly not him) see my daughter. When I told my husband about his bragging, my husband said "Yeah, the people in Haiti cannot sue him"

flag | Submitted June 21, 2007

Dr. James R. Baugh's Credentials

• George Washington Univ Sch Of Med & Hlth Sci, Washington Dc 20037 (Grad. 1980)

Tufts Health Plans