Ratings for Dr. Helen H. Luong

The worst OBGYN ever! She is rude, demeaning and believes that she is holier than thou. She walks around the office with an attitude and the last few visits she seems on the verge of a mental breakdown. She panicked in the delivery of my son even though all the nurses did a wonderful job. She didn't know that I'm too in the medical field

flag | Submitted February 24, 2016

I did visit this doctor 3 times. The first 2 were not fantastic, but I thought I'd give her the benefit of the doubt. The 3 visit was atrocious! I waited 1 hour after my appointment time, for her to finally come strolling in the room, no apology or explanation. She was very rude and pushed off my worries as a joke. She made requests of me that didn't make sense and got upset because I didn't want to get a test to tell me if my children had downs. I have a hemorrhage in my uterus which was very concerning to er Doctor, and she pushed it off as a blood clot and would not look at it. She let me know that it was just a medical term... And not her job to look at it. I told her I may have an infection and she made me feel like I was an idiot. I don't think doctors should make people feel this way. I understand I don't know everything, but I don't wish to be made to feel like an idiot, or that you don't care about me. Dr. Luong if you ever read this please know that you are hurting people. You probably got in to this job to help people, however you may need a break, because you're hurting people now.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2015

So I waited until my third doctor visit before I went on any website to judge. I would say Dr. Luong is always running late and always in a rush. No matter how early you get to the office your always going to wait approximately 45-90 minutes until you get to see the doc. And all for what, just so the doctor can come in the room rushing and spend 2 minutes the most with you. Stay away!! It's seriously not worth the wait. Everytime I tell Dr. Luong about my concerns she responds back to me as if Its no big deal. Well I'm sorry I've had previous miscarriages that got me paranoid! Her staff is really nice and friendly but they overbook or something because the office is always packed, sometimes you even have to stand up because there are no seats. Another thing is her staff isn't discreet about patients personal info or reason for visit. I'm really unhappy with her service and that is why I'm switching!

flag | Submitted September 30, 2013

dr. Luong's personality is warm,caring and gentle.during my first pregnancy, i went to her, i liked her. however, if i only knew that she is caring in her office visits, i would never pick her. because when i was in labor pain, and after 18 hrs of suffering had 8 cm dilated, she never showed up to me to check my progress. my family asked and begged nurse to call the doctor, however dr did not bother to come cz it was weekend night.my baby's position was normal.after about 18 hrs of suffering, i decided to take epidural, . but my baby's heartbeat went down, finally when doctor came after 24 hrs, she said that although the position is normal but baby is tired so we have to do C-section. after suffering this long, she came in did c-section,my question is that why the baby got tired, because of her negligence and delay and because of her irresponsible behavior. when a doctor never shows up during labor process, and comes in delay and do c-section, what else can i call it?

flag | Submitted April 16, 2012

I MADE THE MISTAKE OF CHOOSING DR. LUONG AS MY OB FOR THE BIRTH OF MY FIRST CHILD. AT MY FIRST APPOINTMENT I WAS TOLD I HAD A 50% CHANCE OF MISCARRIAGE BUT TO WORRY I WOULD PROBABLY GET PREGNANT AGAIN (I AM 38). I SHOULD HAVE CHANGED DOCTORS AFTER THAT APPOINTMENT. UNFORTUNATELY, I DID NOT. MY AVERAGE WAIT TIME WAS ABOUT 45 MINUTES EACH VISIT. I WAS SET TO DELIVER MY BABY ON 12/22. MY WATER BAG ACTUALLY BROKE 12/16 AT 9PM. I WAS DILATED LESS THAN A CENTIMETER. DR. LUONG NEVER VISITED MY ROOM TO CHECK MY PROGRESS. I DEVELOPED A FEVER IN MY 23HR AND STILL NO DR. MY FAMILY ASKED FOR MY DR ONCE I THREW UP DURING MY 24TH HOUR OF BEING INDUCED. DR. LUONG ENTERED MY ROOM AT THIS POINT AND ASKED THE NURSE WHY THE OPERATING ROOM WASNT PREPPED FOR ME. MY FEVER SPIKED TO 103. MY BABY WAS DELIVERED VIA CSECTION. MY BABY WAS ADMITTED TO NICU. MY INCISION BECAME INFECTED. I CALLED DR LUONG ON 12/23 AS MY WOUND WAS DISCHARGING. DR LUONG ADVISED ME NOT TO GO TO ER UNTIL I HAD A FEVER.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2012

even though she was very knowledgable she always took at least 45-90 minutes to see me. even though im already in the exam room.her front office staff was alright never ever called me prior to my appointment. her back office was much friendlier.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2011

Dr.Luong is the best out there. I no longer go to her but she was so good when I did. Very smart, caring & warm person. She did a DNC on me and I wasn't even nervous as she put me at ease. Can't say enough good things about her. I have moved too far to go to her location now. But if I were closer,I would definitely go to her.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2011

Dr. Luong is very caring and comforting. She treats you like she is in no rush to get to her next appt. She answers your questions based on your needs and wants, not the general consensus.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2008

Dr Luong's office staffs were courteous, helpful and friendly. I received appointment reminder call prior to my appointment date. Dr Luong was approachable and knowledgeble. She explained my problem using easy and understandable terms. I felt an immediate connection with this doctor.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2007

Dr. Helen H. Luong's Credentials

• University Of Southern California School Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal