Ratings for Dr. Sandra Finch

Wonderful. Always professional and friendly. Highly recommended

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

My first appointment was one and a half hours. It was supposed to be an examination and bitewings. The bitewings cost 36.70 and the examination cost me 157.00 She did examine my mouth for cancer which I was told "free". She talked about sleep apnea and botox treatments and booked me for another appointment for scaling and polishing. She said she couldn't tell me if I had anything wrong with my mouth unless I had another 10 or more x-rays taken. She pressured me quite strongly to have the xrays. However I was already feeling the costs were too high for what I was getting in return. The appointment for scaling cost me $168.00 for half of my mouth. The second appointment for scaling I have just returned from for the second half of my mouth, cost me $147.00. I was not given any polishing or flouride at the end of the second treatment . I was told to come back after three months for further scaling....... No thank you Sandra. I can't afford you. Full cost of those three visits $508.00

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

Dr. Sandra Finch

Dr. Sandra Finch's response
I am so empathetic to patients who present with disease. It must be similar to a MD who must tell a patient that they have diabetes and the multiple appointments which may follow as the patient and the MD become informed of their disease and learn how to treat it. Periodontal disease is like this too. We cannot treat it in a single appointment. The fees mentioned above are accurate and are in accordance with the BC fee guide for hygiene services. The total fee of $508.00 represents approximately 4 hours of care; 1.5 hours with myself, and then 2.5 hours with the hygienists. My notes do not indicate that botox was discussed as I rarely administer botox to patients over the age of 75 but it may have been mentioned in converstation if asked; I would definitely invite a conversation on sleep apnea, as I do with all of my patients as I do provide oral appliances for patients who have mild to moderate sleep apnea and it is well understood that this condition is widely under diagnosed and so it is an extremely important conversation to be had with all patients in order to identify possible risk factors. The head and neck and oral cancer screen is included the first time in our new patient exam fee but future exams which may be scheduled annually, every two years, or at the request of the patient, are billed according to the BC Fee Guide. I apologize if there was any sense of 'pressure' regarding the need for 'x-rays'- however, consider asking your MD to treat you without necessary blood work or imaging. In the case of adult periodontitis, the radiographs are simply essential to diagnosis and treatment planning. I do hope that you get the care that you require and are able to achieve the best possible oral health. If we can be of any assistance to you in this at any time, we would be more than happy to hear from you and to schedule an appointment.

Submitted June 8, 2017

Dr Finch is all about the money. She's overpriced.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2016

I have been going to this clinic for years. I do enjoy the staff and love my hygienist. Dr. Finch is very knowledgeable and kind if you are scared of the dentist. I started off with her after not being to a dentist for year. She is expensive and they do run slow at times. Parking in the area is hard to do.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2016

Dr Finch has been my dentist for over 10 years. I have 100% trust in her professionalism and ability. She is excellent and her staff are great as well.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2015

I've been seeing Sandra Finch for many years and have found her honest with what needs to be done with my aging teeth and in what order it is needed. I've had work done as I could afford it with no pressure to do more than that each time. She has happy staff, all very professional but kind, some being there 15 years! She is very skilled, up on the latest techniques and dental info. They even follow up the next day to see how you are feeling after any extensive work...I do recommend this dentist :)

flag | Submitted December 17, 2013

We have been going to Sandra since she started her practice in White Rock. The staff is friendly, the atmosphere is calming and the work is always top notch. Sandra is a perfectionist and it shows it in our smiles.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2013

Sandra is a great dentist, always forthright and honest about what is and is not necessary. I went to Sandra for a second opinion when a dentist wanted to drill through my gold crown to fix a possible cavity; Sandra didn't see anything on the xray that would indicate a problem but kept an eye on it - 10 years + later my crown is still fine. All the work completed has been of high quality and she complimented previous great work completed by my former dentist. My husband has very strong teeth and has not had much work done other than cleaning and check-ups. For the very little extra above the dental fee guide charged it is well worth the excellent care she provides!

flag | Submitted July 31, 2013

Very expensive. Quality of my work questionable as two of my crowns needed replacing within 3 years. No discussion regarding this issue "well, that happens!"

flag | Submitted July 10, 2012

Fees are higher than other dentist, don't know why, nothing greater than other dentists.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2011

Dr. Sandra Finch's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Sandra M. Finch, D.M.D. graduated from the University of British Columbia Dental School in 1991. After practicing for two years in Abbotsford, B.C. she settled in White Rock, B.C. as a community in which to live and work. During this time she has dedicated herself to excellence in dentistry and always places patient care at the center of her focus. To that end she has made an exceptional commitment to continuing education as the ideal way in which to stay abreast of the newest and best techniques available in dentistry today.

• English