Ratings for Dr. Allen J. Orehek

If you are searching for a doctor with compassion, kindness, listening skills (he will really listen!). I have a cronic condition when other pc's did not listen and for that problem I suffered a burning pain for over one year, until Dr Orehek listened to me and ordered the need xray and referred me to a surgeon, he does not have an attitude of being above his patients but rather an attitude of kindness and compassion, Dr Orehek will take time looking you in the eye and listening, I will always recommend Dr Orehek as a knowledge and caring doc.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2017

My family member got injured in a farm accident. The hospital sent him home and he was in very rough shape but they said "that is all we can do for him" - He was only there a few days and they sent him home. Dr Orehek makes house calls to us and this has saved his life I am sure, he had blood clots in the legs and everything. I go to see his office now and the are all very nice and helpful - there should be more doctors like him!

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

I love how the doctor and his staff really take the time to listen to your medical needs. I told my friend to go to see him when she was having headaches - the doctor was able to get the proper testing done and they found out what was wrong with her. I have a few medical problems but nothing compared to her. She is really a medical mess - but they do just as good for me as for her!

flag | Submitted March 6, 2017

I see some people post below that the doctor orders tests - but its because he needs to! Without the testing they ordered I would still be in pain. They figured out what was wrong with me. Dr Orehek and Erin Smith really did a great job! The pain was in my side and it ended up being in my spine! I had some complex problems after getting out of the hospital where they never told me what I had as my problems.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2017

small mans complex---not truthful---likes to argue---

Submitted January 14, 2017

Please beware when having seeing this doctor for issues related to dementia. He will order so many tests and is very particular about the doctors you see for these tests. In our case, I wore a monitor that showed results indicating I needed to see (only) his recommended cardiologist as soon as possible for a very likely blockage. When we went to my own cardiologist we found the summary report of the monitor showed outrageous statistics and when the detail was requested, it did not even match up with the summary. I could have had heart surgery for no reason! My advise, stay away!!

Submitted May 21, 2015

Dr and staff are really very nice, all have a great bedside manners. Although there is usually a longer wait then I like, it is worth it. I have never met anyone who takes so much time and has the patience of a saint! Yes alot of referrals and tests. This is the best part, not a "here take this pill and return for refills" kinda Dr. he finds out what is really going on to make an accurate diagnosis.Pills mask most symptoms, I want to know what my body is telling me, then pills if needed.Pa's are awesome too. Would never go anywhere else.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2013

Dr. Orehek is the best doctor I have ever found- been going there over 7 years and cannot fault him for ANYTHING. Extremely intelligent, competent AND compassionate- where can you find that nowdays? I can't imagine a patient having a problem unless they were really non-compliant and refusing to take the doc's advice. He always takes time to listen and is excellent at diagnosis, treatment, etc- he knows what to do to get you well if you take the time to listen in return!

flag | Submitted May 14, 2012

Excellent doctor, excellent staff! Every time I call to make an appointment they get me right me. With my old doctor I would have to wait at least a month or two.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2011

Great doctor! I highly recommend him. The staff is also wonderful.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2011

Dr. Allen J. Orehek's Credentials

• Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University (Grad. 1995)