Ratings for Dr. H. Jay Wisnicki

My experience at Union Square Eye is the worst I have ever had at a doctors office. I was first made to wait over two hours before I saw Dr Wisnicki. I waited an hour to see an assistant, who took a history, then another hour to see Wisnicki himself. I walked into his office, he asked me to sit down, then he *proceeded to answer email for 10-15 mins* - completely ignoring me, while I sat there like a chump! I was very close to walking out when he deemed to pay some attention to me. He was curt and unfriendly, and when I described my issue as 'amblyopia' he condescendingly asked me 'Do you know what that means?". Yes, Dr., I do - as my answer showed. I don't think I have ever been so insulted by a medical professional in my life. He then gave me a very cursory examination, and that was it. So - I waited two hours for about 10 mins of actual contact time, which mostly consisted of being disrespected and condescended to. There is no way I will ever go back to Union Square Eye Care

flag | Submitted March 1, 2014

I do not recommend this doctor. He rushed through my appointment, had his intern examine me, and was quick to diagnose my eye condition, which ended up being incorrect!

flag | Submitted July 8, 2011

You will not get good treatment with this doctor. I feel very very bad after his treatment.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2011

total of 2 hours for an eye check. another doctor checked my child's eyes, we saw dr. wisnicki only 2 minutes at the end. he didn't take any time to explain what was wrong, obvioulsy in a hurry, too many people waiting to see him. the glasses they keep in their office are not covered by any plan. very unhappy

flag | Submitted March 22, 2011

I have very bad experice with him. My eye got damaged after his treatment. Not trustful but harmful.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2011

Dr. Wisnicki came to my rescue when my precious daughter was an infant. He was referred by her beloved (now deceased) pediatrician who was like family to us. She was born with a particularly common eye problem, nevertheless I was apprehensive and frightened, as any parent would be. He counseled us to be calm and patient, and we had a couple visits for treatment until all was well, no surgery required. That was 20 years ago. He's been our family's Ophthalmologist ever since. Throughout the years I've recommended him to all my family, friends and neighbors without reservation and will continue to do so. Dr. Wisnicki is compassionate, patient, thorough, highly skilled (ranked one of the best in his specialty in the world), very spry and present, detail~oriented, and a real hero to people in need, especially in the treatment of Aids~related eye disorders. I couldn't ask for a more wonderful person as my physician~he's a personal hero of mine! Thank and bless God for Dr. Wisnicki!

flag | Submitted August 13, 2009

By far the best in his specialty. Showed kindness and patience, took time to explain every detail. Efficient and knowledgeable staff members. Glad to recommend Dr. Wisnicki to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2008

Dr. Wisnicki is amazing. He is an excellent surgeon and did my surgery three years ago for strabismus. He's top notch, one of the best in his field. He's also really nice and friendly. Unfortunately he stopped taking my insurance (Oxford) so for routine visits, I see another doc in his practice, but he made sure I knew that he was always right down the hall if I needed him for anything. Highly, highly recommended.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2007

Dr. H. Jay Wisnicki's Credentials

• Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Syracuse, Coll Of Med, Syracuse Ny 13210 (Grad. 1981)