Ratings for Dr. Marc A. Michelson

How can you post an bad review if the patient does not leave a name. This did not happen and you need to remove this ASAP. We do not have any patients with this problem!

flag | Submitted October 10, 2016

It took me many years to become confident enough to consider LASIK surgery. To say I was scared is an understatement. When I went for the LASIK evaluation I was quickly put at ease with Dr. Michelson and his staff. The knowledge, compassion and professionalism of the doctors and support staff are top notch. I had a successful surgery and am very happy with my results and the post-op visits. I highly recommend Dr. Marc Michelson and the Michelson Laser Vision in Birmingham.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2015

My experience with Dr. Michelson was absolutely first class. I went to his practice for a LASIK evaluation and found that I was a very good candidate and that, by having Monovision LASIK, I would not need reading glasses any longer. The next step was to be fitted iwth contact lenses (which I had never worn before) to correct one eye for near and one for far (monovision). Dr. Michelson's staff was excellent and even changed the contacts' strength twice in order to give me the best vision possible. After wearing the contacts for about three week, I was able to see everything from 12 inches to infinity without glasses. Monovision is not for everyone, but if your brain can tolerate it with contacts, I highly recommend it. What other surgery can you "try it before you buy it"? I highly recommend his process., but no matter what your condition, get the evaluation. I had the LASIK surgery after about a month of wearing the contacts, which corrected conditions that contacts could not, so the results were far better than the contacts had been. As for Dr. Michelson, I couldn't have asked for better care. He spend a great deal of time with me and was very careful to get the contacts just right so that the surgery would be a success, which it was. I chose him over the cut-rate clinics and other "TV Optomologist" in town because of his teaching experience and the large number of procedures he has performed, as well as the fact that he is based locally, not coming in from out of state to do surgery once a week. I highly recommend Dr. Michelson and his team if you are considering refractive surgery of any kind and particularly if you are over 50, as I am, and want to see without glasses.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2014

I became Dr. Michaelson's patient many years ago when he was in the Carraway practice. At the time, he was performing clinical trials on the Excimer laser for correcting myopia. He was recommended to me by a former president of the Alabama Opthamology Association, and when I discovered he was one of only three or four physicians in the U.S. approved by the feds for this trial, I knew I had the right doctor. He is funny, personable, and brilliant. My PRK procedure was one of the first he performed after the FDA approval (but he had done more than 600 procedures in the trials) and as a result, I got better than perfect vision--and I was blind as a bat beforehand! He is a meticulous, perfectionist surgeon which is exactly what you want when your eyes are being cut open. I believe many of the local opthamologists performing this procedure were trained by Michaelson.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2009

Dr Michelson is a bit shy so he can come off as arrogant but he is not at all. He is a very caring and highly skilled doctor. I had to fight my insurance to go see him because they wanted me to see someone cheaper but these are the only two eyes I have and I wouldn't let anyone else cut on them. The office staff is excellent and they have the office running so smoothly you get in and out very quickly. I highly recommend Dr Michelson.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2008

Dr. Marc A. Michelson's Credentials

• University Of Alabama School Of Medicine (Grad. 1975)

MSP/BC Med