Ratings for Dr. Nicholas R. Taweel

I honestly do not see where all these 5 star reviews are coming from. Like others, my appointment was so fast, and Taweel was very condescending. Did not explain anything that was going on with my foot. No solution given. Very dissapointed in the whole 'Rothman' experience.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2016

Dr. Nicholas R. Taweel

Dr. Nicholas R. Taweel's response
Dear Patient, We apologize for your less than satisfactory experience and would love the opportunity to discuss your concerns further. If interested, please contact us directly at 267-339-3689. Sincerely, Rothman Institute

Submitted August 15, 2016

Misdiagnosed until Dr Taweel found my sinus tarsi syndrome. It was missed by two other doctors and I wasted 8 months with them. I never heard of it before. He elimated 90% of my pain almost immediately with one injection and made changes in my runnng shoes. I have been fine ever since.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2016

Dr. Taweel was the only doctor that helped me. All the other doctors in my area wanted to do was surgery. He modified my orthotechs, recommended a different sneaker, and gave me daily exercises. I am now back at the gym and can even jog. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

flag | Submitted June 5, 2016

So thankful to Dr. Taweel for introducing me to the Alfredson's Protocol to strengthen and heal my achilles. His in office demonstration, knowledge and confidence of the eccentric loading provided the best therapy. After 6 weeks, I am cleared to return to running and Ironman training. Staff and overall experience is the tops.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016

Phenomenal experience at Dr. Taweels. Strongly recommend to anyone looking for excellent, thorough care. Exceptional staff, exceptional service!

flag | Submitted February 17, 2016

I had two visits with Dr. Taweel. It was a pleasure to have such good service. His assistant Matt was very upbeat. That is very important to me. I would highly recommend Dr. Taweel to all of my family and friends.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2016

Knowledge and friendly! Dr. Tawheel treated my son for heel pain. He explained the situation to both of us so we could understand the condition and the treatment. When we went back for a re-evaluation, he remembered us and my son's sports interests. He praised my son for following the instructions, and told him that's why he healed so well. Our appointment was quick, but not rushed.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2016

Great outcome-exceeded expectations in all phases!

flag | Submitted January 21, 2016

Was fine until I developed a problem. My foot had numbness and leg had burning after being in a plaster cast for a broken heel bone. Did not refer me to another dr at Rothman and told me I did not need to come back after I was told to use an Arizona brace for tissue damage. He never sent me for an mri for this problem. Also stated I did not need to go back to therapy after the 4 months of using the brace as he stated that I said I did not find therapy helpful. Never made that statement. Still puzzled as to why there were spine doctors across the hall but he could not make a referral to one.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2015

Love dr T! He is compassionate and caring. One of the first who had answers and resources. The staff is also excellent. Would highly recommend . Can say from personal experience, the best ortho/ podiatrist, and I have seen many.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2014

Dr. Nicholas R. Taweel's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Nicholas Taweel received his Doctor of Podiatric Medicine degree from the Pennsylvania College of Podiatric Medicine in 1991. He also received a Doctorate in Physical Therapy from the Massachusetts General Hospital Institute, a Masters in Physical Therapy from Hahnemann University, and a bachelor’s degree in psychology from Temple University. A native of Philadelphia, he is a graduate of Central High School. Dr. Taweel completed four years of comprehensive residency training in podiatric medicine and surgery at the Albert Einstein Medical Center. He is board certified and re-certified by the American Board of Podiatric Medicine. Dr. Taweel lectures extensively, holding adjunct faculty appointments at Columbia, Arcadia, Drexel, and Widener Universities. His clinical interests include treatment of athletes, fracture care, foot biomechanics, orthotics, and occupational medicine.

• Pennsylvania College Of Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 1991)